Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Found an expensive watch while balling

Last edited by ISHGoat; 01-30-2016 at 10:19 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Found an expensive watch while balling

Ask enayes

Serious playground baller

Can't see the pic, but spinners? Like on a 2000s car in the hood?

Tolerant Liberals

..eague, sometimes ball.
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 01-30-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Was balling at my condo by myself and some dude came. I think the watch is his but I only know his first name and I have no idea how to contact him. I took the watch with me and put a note there for him to call my #.

The back has spinners and shit.

I wouldn't have put a sign. I would have just kept it with me. Anyone who loses something that important or expensive will return. Just keep it with you and I'm pretty sure the owner will reveal himself

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I wouldn't have put a sign. I would have just kept it with me. Anyone who loses something that important or expensive will return. Just keep it with you and I'm pretty sure the owner will reveal himself
    Nah, he seemed like the type of dude that has no idea where he lost it. He seemed really out of it when he was talking to me yesterday. He will probably just buy another one. I've hung out with these rich ****bois before.

Nah, he seemed like the type of dude that has no idea where he lost it. He seemed really out of it when he was talking to me yesterday. He will probably just buy another one. I've hung out with these rich ****bois before.
    I was just thinking for personal safety. You don't want some random to call you up and rob you. But I guess that all depends on how your note was phrased

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    I was just thinking for personal safety. You don't want some random to call you up and rob you. But I guess that all depends on how your note was phrased
    Thanks for looking out. My condo is pretty dam secure, can't use elevator without a fob and you can only go to the floor your fob is assigned to. I dont even lock my doors when I exit.

Thanks for looking out. My condo is pretty dam secure, can't use elevator without a fob and you can only go to the floor your fob is assigned to. I dont even lock my doors when I exit.
    No worries bro. But good on you for making an effort to return something that not yours.

Banned

Was balling at my condo by myself and some dude came. I think the watch is his but I only know his first name and I have no idea how to contact him. I took the watch with me and put a note there for him to call my #.

The back has spinners and shit.

It's called a rotor and it's on every watch that is an automatic. What you have there is a Girard Perregaux. They are decent watches but I can't seem to locate that particular model with the Ref.495251

All expensive Swiss watches denote their models by Ref. number and it shows the reference model on the case and I looked it up. Can't find it but judging by the pictures I am assuming it is real.

You need to show me more pictures. I know its a dress watch from their 1966 line but I can't tell which model.

It has a date function right?

I am ISH's resident watch expert btw.

Banned

My advice....just return it to him.

It is not a very popular brand in the watch community. While the price tag seems like its high but its not worth that much in the watch community since you found it and it doesn't come with box and papers. It would be hard to verify the authenticity.

Most watch collectors are not looking for that brand. For example, car collectors will not spend 80k on a BMW when they can spend 150k on a Porsche. GP is a mid-tier brand and in a niche market of high end watches it will be very hard to sell that particular brand and model.

Who's looking for a 17k watch? Those who can afford it will be going for another brand/company.

Also, the watch community is very tight, and if the owner wanted to locate the watch while you are trying to sell it. He can find you. These kind of watches don't go floating around in the for sale section.

How many people are selling a Girard Perregaux Ref. 495251 and your only target audience would be people that are 'in the know' such as myself and collectors. Craiglist people would be like WTF brand is that? Like I said, you would have to sell it to people who know what that watch is.

Pawning it off would be the best bet and you are probably going to get 2-3k at most for it.

Nice. Keep it.

Found an expensive ball while watching
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

How many people are selling a Girard Perregaux Ref. 495251 and your only target audience would be people that are 'in the know' such as myself and collectors. Craiglist people would be like WTF brand is that? Like I said, you would have to sell it to people who know what that watch is.

Pawning it off would be the best bet and you are probably going to get 2-3k at most for it.
    Do you realize how many people collect watches? You think there are just a few of you special select individuals "in the know"? Who even says shit like that? Even if the individual didn't know which brand it is, google is accesible by everyone.

If he doesn't comeback for the watch within a month, put it up on ebay for 10k. If it's worth 17k, you'll get bids for sure, just have some way to prove it's authenticity. Last resourt like 9er said, you could always pawn it for a couple thousand, which is always useful.

Tolerant Liberals

Last edited by ISHGoat; 01-30-2016 at 10:20 PM.