Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board
Default Here's My Question Re: Horry

Robert Horry hits Steve Nash = 2 Games

Raja Bell CLOTHESLINES Kobe Bryant = 1 Game

Someone please give me some reasoning behind this?
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Here's My Question Re: Horry

You ask a very good question... and thats the root of the problem with the NBA... they simply are not consistent and they are reactionary based on what is politically correct.

I could see the argument for Horry to get two games... But Bell's foul on Kobe was EVERY BIT AS INTENTIONAL AND HARMFUL as Horry's. So where is the consistency?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Horry got a suspension for 2 things:

-Body checking Nash = 1 gm suspension
-Forearm to Bell = 1 gm suspension
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I still think it was inconsistent... Bell should have never been that close to Horry after the play anyway.... its rediculous if you compare it to the Kobe foul from Bell last season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #5
Crash
Its Showtime

Crash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this boardCrash is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Horry got a suspension for 2 things:

-Body checking Nash = 1 gm suspension
-Forearm to Bell = 1 gm suspension

Then Nash and/or Bell should get 1 game for going after Horry.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:17 AM   #6
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I still think it was inconsistent... Bell should have never been that close to Horry after the play anyway.... its rediculous if you compare it to the Kobe foul from Bell last season.

Agree! Bell should have also got a one day suspension. I think the NBA favor certain teams some times. If Horry gets a suspension for defense when a player goes at him so should the player that went at him. Bell is a B*tch!
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM   #7
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller

nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Then Nash and/or Bell should get 1 game for going after Horry.

If that's the case, then Horry foul would've been brilliant. He gets Nash, Bell, Amare, and Diaw out for one game, which is like the whole entire starting line up, by just sacrificing himself. Im surprised not more players are using this strategy

I think they had to make sure that the suspensions are equal. If both Diaw and Stoudemire is going to nailed, then Horry will have to get nailed more
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Horry hit Bell above the shoulder
Bell didn't do anything, he just walked up there
nor did Nash since he was being held back
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
Horry hit Bell above the shoulder
Bell didn't do anything, he just walked up there
nor did Nash since he was being held back

Both of the youtube versions I saw the other day make it a little hard to see how it started between Bell and Horry. But I doubt that Horry laid out Nash and then walked over to bell and started throwing elbows for no reason.

Heres one video

Even the announcer said Bell went after Horry.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #10
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

yea raja's closeline was more intense even though he held on to kobe

horry's sent nash flying
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknamefrank
If that's the case, then Horry foul would've been brilliant. He gets Nash, Bell, Amare, and Diaw out for one game, which is like the whole entire starting line up, by just sacrificing himself. Im surprised not more players are using this strategy
I think they had to make sure that the suspensions are equal. If both Diaw and Stoudemire is going to nailed, then Horry will have to get nailed more

Ya I wish Cook or Sasha even Parker would sacrafice themself like that. Imagine Cook coth-line Bell then Sasha with a bodyslam then Parker covers him for the 1 2 3! lol JK : :)

Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #12
Crash
Its Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24
yea raja's closeline was more intense even though he held on to kobe

horry's sent nash flying

Held on? More like follow through.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: