Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Must be awkward for Bogut in the Warriors lockerroom

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Verbatim as in believe every word. Can u define god? How do u know he is real? Other than faith. I want to believe, but want evidence.
    God works for Mark Jackson, thats for sure.
    I'll answer the easiest question first. I know he is real because I've experienced his love. I've felt his presence and seen his work in my life in way that couldn't be explained through any other way. He's what keeps me hopeful when I'm feeling as if the world's caving in, and He's what gives me joy when I'm depressed. He is truly Love.

I believe every word, but in saying that there are some aspects that I believe were intended more for the time period that it was written. There are symbolic aspects of the book that made more sense when looking at the time period it was written in, but the meaning loses it's impact as time has gone on and the use of language has changed somewhat.

I'd be more than happy to talk about it more over private message if you're interested, but I'd hate for people to start complaining that the thread is getting hijacked by what I'm saying, or for people to start bashing either of us and saying something stupid like "I hate Jason Collins and gays" just because we're talking about it rationally it is the internet after all

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    I'll answer the easiest question first. I know he is real because I've experienced his love. I've felt his presence and seen his work in my life in way that couldn't be explained through any other way. He's what keeps me hopeful when I'm feeling as if the world's caving in, and He's what gives me joy when I'm depressed. He is truly Love.

I believe every word, but in saying that there are some aspects that I believe were intended more for the time period that it was written. There are symbolic aspects of the book that made more sense when looking at the time period it was written in, but the meaning loses it's impact as time has gone on and the use of language has changed somewhat.

I'd be more than happy to talk about it more over private message if you're interested, but I'd hate for people to start complaining that the thread is getting hijacked by what I'm saying, or for people to start bashing either of us and saying something stupid like "I hate Jason Collins and gays" just because we're talking about it rationally it is the internet after all
    Ever eaten a shrimp, lobster, clam, oyster, or crawfish? Going straight to hell if you have. Also, David, from David and Goliath, was a butt pirate. His man lover was Jonathan. Facial expressions on priests when u say these things is goddamn priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Atheist vs mainstream liberal christian = same shit, atheists just more ballsy.
    OMG that is so true it makes me and at the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    +1 Mark Jackson is just there to motivate his team

There's one guy on Jackson's coaching staff who's drawing up the play for him, I don't who that white guy is.
    That's Mike Malone. And he is drawing up defensive schemes not plays. To say Jackson is not a good coach because he doesn't draw up every play would be silly. Many NBA coaches let their coaches draw up plays. Jackson is a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GovernmentMan
    Being the lone atheist

Or maybe he's pretending?
    Not sure that he'd care all that much, unless he's militant about it (which could potentially be an issue for anybody subscribing to a different religion than the coach). Jackson's goal is likely to pump up his team, and that very well may work for some guys. Bogut might not need the extra motivation, or could get it from somewhere else. Atheists are just individuals who reject the belief in deities, they're not social malcontents (any more so than any other segment of the population, at least).

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigt
    Bit of a broad generalisation there. I'm a 'full' Aussie and a Christian, and I know plenty who are as well. Might just be your area?

And as for how he does it, believe it or not but outside of the internet it's remarkably easy for a Christian to be friends with an atheist and vise versa. They just have to respect that the other person has different beliefs. No reason why it can't work there either...
    maybe it's your area? Out of everywhere I've ever lived and every group I've ever known within Australia, I've only ever known one legit christian that takes faith seriously.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    maybe it's your area? Out of everywhere I've ever lived and every group I've ever known within Australia, I've only ever known one legit christian that takes faith seriously.
    Ever been rural? or minority greek/italian neighbourhoods?

They should give everyone their own shower.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    That's Mike Malone. And he is drawing up defensive schemes not plays. To say Jackson is not a good coach because he doesn't draw up every play would be silly. Many NBA coaches let their coaches draw up plays. Jackson is a great coach.
    Ignore the idiots, I remember people used to say the same shit about Doc Rivers.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Ever been rural? or minority greek/italian neighbourhoods?
    Da fuq would I want to go there for?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    How do him and Jackson get along
    By being two mature adults?