Banned

Default Re: Anybody watch Mr. Robot?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    So this is definitely worth a watch?
    Its great. F*ck the haters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Bump.

Great first episode and I think Elliot is actually in a mental institution or a halfway house but that's pretty obvious.

Craig Robinson got fat again.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Bump.

Great first episode and I think Elliot is actually in a mental institution or a halfway house but that's pretty obvious.

I enjoyed the hell out of the first episode as well. I have high hopes for this season. They left a lot of stuff on the table from last year, especially considering that they played all the way through the debt wipe story.

I watched the first two parts and liked it, is it just me or did his black friend, Leon was it?, just fell out of the picture since the basketball court incident?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I watched the first two parts and liked it, is it just me or did his black friend, Leon was it?, just fell out of the picture since the basketball court incident?
    Probably not real.

i havent started season 2 yet. season 1 peaked early on. kind of went downhill. was still great.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

USA dropping an unbleeped F bomb had me looking like

was waiting for them try to sneak a titty or two in there during some of those sex scenes.

guess all its takes is for a show to be critically acclaimed/emmy nominated for a network to loosen that belt.
    Last edited by Levity; 07-19-2016 at 04:17 PM.

wait, so is this company actually named evil corp? They even say it in those e corp commercials?

Sick show.

F*ck the globalists.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    wait, so is this company actually named evil corp? They even say it in those e corp commercials?
    its a narration in his mind, so everything and anything is how he sees it

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Bump.

thats his moms house...he says it

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    its a narration in his mind, so everything and anything is how he sees it
    confusing... even when others speak its 'evil corp'

I think Elliot not being in an institution and actually at war with himself is the much more interesting storyline. They're clearly flushing out the secondary characters more so they can start carrying some weight and his absence from the action is an effective tool for that.

Still enjoying the show but seems to be going downhill a bit..

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Still enjoying the show but seems to be going downhill a bit..

I had a bit of a bad reaction to the second episode, to the point where I started wondering about it's long term direction.

I agree with JB about them fleshing out the supporting cast. And I do think it will help immensely moving forward. The world they created is really fascinating. The pure evil of the big business is interesting in how on the nose it is. It lets them get away with quite a bit of stuff. And I really like both of the female leads. I like the notion that they're not 100% joined in motive with Elliot, and I'm interested in the notion that they might be manipulating him in some way or another, which is an idea that sparked when they were at ballet late last season, and talking about Elliot like some kind of tool.

Elliot's internal conflict is also very interesting, but I'm worried how separated from the story he is at large at this point. However, that seems like something that will resolve itself.

What worries me though long term is how long it can hold up Elliot's schizophrenia as a plot device, and weather or not it's realistic to be able to get away from it. The constant calling into question of his behavior by other characters is starting to feel burdensome to me. And I was particularly struck by how tiring it felt like Elliot's narration felt in episode two. That's something that's going to be required to keep that part of the story going, a part of the story that so far defines the show. But his ramblings feel more and more like they're repeating things we already know. That relationship has to develop more, it can't maintain itself as pure conflict, it needs some give and take. And it probably needs some more history fleshed out. Some more revelations about the father's past.

Maybe some of it was because that episode ran almost an hour and a half. Or maybe it just caught me on an off night. Or maybe it was just an off episode. But they're just things I thought while I was watching it. Narration in general is a tricky narrative device.