Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 05-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
alex5291
Can barely lace up my sneakers

alex5291 has an OK reputation so far
Default What are some easy streetball moves

I play regular basketball but I like the way the streetball moves look and I think it would be cool to learn some just to show off, and screw around with my friends when we play pickup games.
alex5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Maniak
I Love LeBron

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are some easy streetball moves

Just work on crossovers and try to style em up
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

practice alotta no-looks and different styles of fancy passing... ppl assume streetball is 100% dribbling... amaze ppl with your passing too..
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
hotsauce2007
I airball my layups

hotsauce2007 has an OK reputation so far

if i can learn how to upload videos onto youtube i have a decent collection of me and some of ma frendz playing ball in the local park there is a really good move that i do if a defender is lpaying on me close...

what i do is...

STEP 1
keep the ball far from defender and really low only using one hand

STEP 2
place my left hand on the shoulder of the defender (either shoulder depending on what u feel comfortable with) this has to be done light though

STEP 3
give a eye fake to the right almost as if im going to attempt and drive past him then pull back with a basic stop

STEP 4
at this point there should b a bit of space beteween you and the defender if done correctly now go really low making sure your eyes are on the defender and slowly dribble it through youre legs.

STEP 5
fake a drive to the left then pull back placing your right hand on the shoulder of the defender again only light though.

STEP 6
take 1 big step without moving ure body and let the defender put his foot were you were going to put yours and then bounce ball behind ure back and remove right hand off shoulder.

STEP 7
at this point you should be back at the point of where you started but the difference is the defender's legs are now in a bad positon

STEP 8
now its up to you what you do you can drive past him or you can go clever and humiliate the defender by bouncing the ball through his legs and going and taking it the hoop.

MY WAY IS BETTER THOUGH AT THE ENDING I GO FOR MY DRIBBLE AND BOUNCE ONCE SO NOW WHEN THE DEFENDER IS TURNING HIS BODY I ONLY USE MY RIGHT HAND AND DRIBBLE BACKWARDS SO THE DEFENDER IS WALKING OR JOGGING TOWARDS ME THEN I WILL CROSSOVER TO THE LEFT HAND AND DRIVE IF HE JUMPS IN FRONT I GET THE FOUL IF HE DOESNT HE HAS LET ME GET RIGHT PAST HIM.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

IT ALWAYS WOKS FOR ME WHEN I PLAY PICK UP GAMES AND ALL OTHER GAMES.

THANKS
hotsauce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #5
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Vid?
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5291
I play regular basketball but I like the way the streetball moves look and I think it would be cool to learn some just to show off, and screw around with my friends when we play pickup games.

don't bother with streetball moves . to me streetball , like and 1 is all dead to me . and any time someone tries to do a move on my at the park or something i'm like okay i thought we were playing basketball not putting on a show . if anything, just watch AI and chris paul videos . or if you really wanna get flashy watch shamgod or baranek videos, they got some of the best handles i've seen . i just don't like all the throwing the ball though someone's legs or over their head, that's not basketball to me.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: