Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Ding ding...post presence

All I want for next season...is a post presence.

Kwame today showed how lethal the Lakers could be if they had a consistent post presence. Offensively, he was terrific.
Now there are some big names out there like KG, JO, Gasol but if we're some reason unable to get one of them, search elsewhere.
A solid 12 ppg post presence player would be amazing for the Lakers and this game showed it.

It's just so easy to score when you have a guy downlow that can do his job.
Doesn't really have to be low post scoring althought that is the best but any kind of scoring from your big men.

Remember Cavs vs Lakers debates on main forum? Talent wise, the Lakers blow them. But what I believe is the key is that the Cavs have Ilguaskas and Gooden. None of them is a typical back to the basket player but they get their points inside and from the mid range area.
We don't have that..

Mitch, you know what needs to be done. Get us some consistent big men.
It will make the game SO much easier for the Lakers.

We have Kobe freaking Bryant. No balanced, semi talented team with him should be this bad.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people
Default Re: Ding ding...post presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
All I want for next season...is a post presence.

Kwame today showed how lethal the Lakers could be if they had a consistent post presence. Offensively, he was terrific.
Now there are some big names out there like KG, JO, Gasol but if we're some reason unable to get one of them, search elsewhere.
A solid 12 ppg post presence player would be amazing for the Lakers and this game showed it.

It's just so easy to score when you have a guy downlow that can do his job.
Doesn't really have to be low post scoring althought that is the best but any kind of scoring from your big men.

Remember Cavs vs Lakers debates on main forum? Talent wise, the Lakers blow them. But what I believe is the key is that the Cavs have Ilguaskas and Gooden. None of them is a typical back to the basket player but they get their points inside and from the mid range area.
We don't have that..

Mitch, you know what needs to be done. Get us some consistent big men.
It will make the game SO much easier for the Lakers.

We have Kobe freaking Bryant. No balanced, semi talented team with him should be this bad.

A 12 pt post presence would make you happy? Say what? At how much per year?
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
Liberalo
Banned

Depands on many things. IS he a good defender? A good shotblocker? And so on.

Jermaine O Neal...damn, we can only dream...

But for example, if guys like David West, Chris Wilcox, Al Jefferson were available...which they're not...it would be great. Maybe even Nene, heck even Gooden isn't bad...but all of them are keepers for their teams so it's a moot point.

We just need more post play. Our centers are pretty much useless most of the time and Odom isn't a post player except when he faces a small defender I guess...but even then, his mentality is the one of an all around player that likes to be all over the court spending a lot of time outside as well.

You know who'd be perfect for this Lakers team at the PF?

Prime P.J Brown and Brian Grant.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Agreed. But we're gonna need more than JUST a 12 PPG post presence. We're gonna need an impactful 12 PPG.

If its just a matter of signing 12 PPG..we can just go ahead and re-sign Mihm
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:30 AM   #5
Liberalo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Agreed. But we're gonna need more than JUST a 12 PPG post presence. We're gonna need an impactful 12 PPG.

If its just a matter of signing 12 PPG..we can just go ahead and re-sign Mihm

I know what you mean. Impactful points.

That's why Odom is bad for us at the PF IMO even when he scores 16. It just isn't the type of scoring that we need from him.

You're right, it's not just about the number of points. It's about the way they got scored, the way that player impacts our spacing etc...other things also wouldn't be bad as toughness, defense etc.

All in all, get busy Mitch.

We should first look at the best big men in the league that are available, at least 3 20+ ppg big men are available this summer.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:56 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In my honest opinion, Points in the paint can be put up without a scoring center. Sure its preffered but for example if you play like Kobe who had most of his points scored in the paint, then that's all you need. It's about makin amare suffer. Exploit the center spot in phoenix.

But I would like Gasol, JO, or KG.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
In my honest opinion, Points in the paint can be put up without a scoring center. Sure its preffered but for example if you play like Kobe who had most of his points scored in the paint, then that's all you need. It's about makin amare suffer. Exploit the center spot in phoenix.

But I would like Gasol, JO, or KG.

I disagree completely. You need to have a scoring threat in a PF or C. It does wonders for team spacing and taking pressure off Kobe. Like I said, its not about just points..its about impact.

Many teams have inside presences and we have to counter them. Did you see what 19 pts from Kwame does for us? Imagine we got that every night.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I disagree completely. You need to have a scoring threat in a PF or C. It does wonders for team spacing and taking pressure off Kobe. Like I said, its not about just points..its about impact.

Many teams have inside presences and we have to counter them. Did you see what 19 pts from Kwame does for us? Imagine we got that every night.

I see what you mean.

However I'm making a point that all you need to do is exploit the paint from any position. Any score inside the paint is impact points.

Your right sizzle, having a scoring center does just that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sizzle is correct....

When you have a post threat, it also opens up a lot. Defenses can't sag like they have been doing to the Lakers... and when defenses can sag, they can force the long range chucking that we have seen all season. If Kobe penetrates and is able to dish off, its yet another benefit.

Why can't Kwame be a 20/10 kind of guy all the time????

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: