Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Orlando Magic criticized for donation opposing gay marriage

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    Mate you made a self righteous speech about how republicans are bigots and democrats are inclusive. Its like 4 posts above, mate. Scroll up. Its right there. We can all see it. You look absolutely bloody ridiculous pretending it didnt happen.
    You don't seem to be disputing anything I'm saying. Why don't you take your own advice and use reason to disprove me if what I said is ridiculous? How am I wrong?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    You don't seem to be disputing anything I'm saying. Why don't you take your own advice and use reason to disprove me if what I said is ridiculous? How am I wrong?
    Because you already made a lengthy post based entirely on a false premise, mate. Theres no reason to engage you when you disregard facts. If you'd like my perspective it is supplied amply throughout the whole bloody topic.

Because you already made a lengthy post based entirely on a false premise, mate. Theres no reason to engage you when you disregard facts. If you'd like my perspective it is supplied amply throughout the whole bloody topic.
    What false premise? Reference it specifically or I will assume you are fabricating it.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It's funny that Kobe Bryant gets fined thousands for a slur tat he uttered in a thoughtless moment but there will be no punishment for the Magic owner whose donation is going to intentionally do more damage to the homosexual community than Bryant could have ever wanted to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    What false premise? Reference it specifically or I will assume you are fabricating it.

I just referenced it 10 times mate. Everyone whos read the bloody topic has seen it. Are you batty?

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What if they supported Nazi causes? Would you still eat at Chick-Fil-A and go to Magic games? I'm serious. What would you do then?
    conversely, if a private company discovered and sold the cure for cancer for an affordable price, yet the owner supported slavery, nazis, homophobia, would you boycott the company?

Boycotting a company b/c their owner/CEO/President has a bigoted/offensive/disagreeable opinion is irrational. A company should be judged based on its actual business - practices or products. Not the 1 guy that controls most of it and his opinions.

Also, I haven't read anything since page 7, so apologies if this has been brought up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    conversely, if a private company discovered and sold the cure for cancer for an affordable price, yet the owner supported slavery, nazis, homophobia, would you boycott the company?

Boycotting a company b/c their owner/CEO/President has a bigoted/offensive/disagreeable opinion is irrational. A company should be judged based on its actual business - practices or products. Not the 1 guy that controls most of it and his opinions.

Also, I haven't read anything since page 7, so apologies if this has been brought up.

It hasnt been brought up, mate, in fact its been specifically avoided by people like the one you just respond to because it makes their precious agenda look frivolous.

I just referenced it 10 times mate. Everyone whos read the bloody topic has seen it. Are you batty?
    I just said to reference it specifically and you failed to do so. Nothing you have said thus far has any relevance to disproving what argument I have presented. If you feel otherwise, cite the false premise in your next post. If you do not, I will assume you are evading my questions because you have no answer or don't want to consider them because you are afraid you will have no answer.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak

What does and does not get boycotted can and will be influenced by the value of the product. I don't think Chick-fil-a or Amway are sufferring much because there aren't enough of their customers who feel strongly about this issue. But generrally speaking when people do care a boycott can be a powerful tool for change. And if you desire change of course it's a rational thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBeas2
    *** homos man
    *** stoners man.

They do something I don't enjoy doing so they do not qualify to have civil liberties.

Damn stoners.

Hate is hate and wrong is wrong.

Some people are f*cking gay get over it!

Shame on the Magic for the donation.

This should not be a Right or Left issue...it's just wrong to hate on a certain group of people and make that law.

Banned

Mates, I'll sum this up nice and clean, then the rest of you can continue to beat the dead horsey in this thread and I'll move on:

Marriage is a tradition that regulates the unique dynamic between men and women. There clearly is a distinct difference between OPPOSITE sexes. Hormones, perspective, reproductive abilities, needs, wants, etc.

Marriage is the agreement that regulates how a man and woman's permanent relationship functions, whether it be in religious, government, or other terms. It has nothing to do with god, nothing to do with hate. It has everything to do with the same basic reasons men and women typically don't share the same locker rooms, the same bunks at summer camp, the same athletic fields, the same barracks in the army. Men would be more than happy to share the locker rooms of course, but WOMEN FEEL DIFFERENTLY! THE GENDERS ARE DIFFERENT!

When you have two people of the same gender, you don't need something like marriage to bind them. They're already on the same page. It's a completely unnecessary Pandora's Box, mates. You'll have Juan in California marrying his friend Jose who's still back in Tijuana and getting him residence, then divorcing the next day and marrying his friend Paco and getting him residence, etc. You'll have Billy who just got out of school and can't find a job marrying his good buddy Donald who found a great job as a lawyer right out of school, and now Donald's firm is paying for both of their health insurance just because they're friends and take advantage of the system.

It's stupid mates. Gay people can love each other, (isn't that what people are sayin this is about? What's love got to do with [government]??) they can walk around holdin hands, they can do whatever they want. Why not just make certain visitation and estate rights more accessible, and leave the entire blanket of marriage well enough alone?

The straight people who support this are likely the kind of men who would walk those little lapdogs around the neighborhood. Gay blokes are their little chihuahuas and it makes them feel like helpful mothers to support their gay little puppy dogs. Awww, aren't you sensitive mates? The gay people sure do love you. And that's all the pro-gay marriage crowd wants, is to feel like someone likes them or is proud of them or whatever. They're just using this issue to get accepted by the 'progressive' crowd. The notion of the actual politics involved is absolultely bloody absurd, but they don't care. Gays are like their little chihuahua pets and they're actin like Paris Hilton, pretending it's their special child and feeling all good for being so caring and motherly. Way to go, men. You're gettin off by feelin like your a mom, or a nurse. Some bloody testament to your gender you are.

Here ya go Coolkid. Pretty straight forward for ya, chap. I'd love to ear which facts you dispute.

Im expecting a whole lot of 'nah uhhh' and 'republicans stink!' as your mode of response.

Mate I am on my phone so i cant retype everything, I will quote the posts i made earlier and we can see how bloody well your wits are about you.
    Okay. I quiver with anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    first world problems
    Exactly...

Banned

Mate, marriage arose in the first place due to the fundamental, distinctive dynamic of the opposite sexes. Religion provided the guidelines, but Ma Nature provided the necessity.

There is absolutely no POINT to a same sex marriage, mate! It's a silly notion, and queens like you only want it because you have a fetish for sticking it to the right wing faction in your country. Mate if you learned to compromise you'd probably get a lot farther instead of fighting stupid battles for your bloody ego. If you'd drop the whole 'marriage' thing, especially since it's absolutely, utterly unnecessary, you'd probably get some reciprocity on issues that actually are meaningful that others may be stubbornly refusing.

You're too schyoopid to understand there can be compromise and middle ground. The idear of same bloody sex marriage is quite silly, chap. If you were smart you'd use that as a sacrifice to encourage others to meet closer to your side on a real issue of importance. But people like you always take the extreme right or left side of every issue, and with you I suspect it's the left side. I bet there aint even one topic you have moderate views on. You're full on to the left, all day err'day. Why? Because mate you probably don't think rationally. You only see red and blue so you are on autopilot for blue. Show's a lack of intellectual development, mate.

Bloody madness, 'its not fair that a man and a man can't say they're married!' guess what mate, the dynamic in same sex relations aint the same as it is in opposite sex relations. That unique dynamic is the whole bloody antecedent to marriage, ya jackass!

This one too, chap