Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Default The TNT crew says Vince Carter is done...

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.ph...nk&nbasite=nba

Click on NBA TNT Overtime.

Magic and Barkley had some harsh words to say about Vince Carter, and I quote "Vince Carter is on the decline. He's not as effective anymore and he can't adjust, but he played above the rim." His knees are done, and they said he's the older 30.

Anyone agree? This might be the truth, but it's harsh. If two legends told me I couldn't play basketball anymore... I don't know if I'd step up my game, or jump off a bridge... here's hoping Vince Carter doesn't do the latter... until we can get rid of him.
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: The TNT crew says Vince Carter is done...

I think he just scored 29 points right after they said he's through. Take that as you may.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
oldenpolynice
Local High School Star

Carter looks like he'd rather be doing anything other than play basketball in NJ. I've never liked him. He doesn't play with passion and he doesn't even seem to like the game anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if he either a) pulled a Barry Sanders and retired early, or b) continued to leach a paycheck off of NJ or whatever team is stupid enough to take him.
oldenpolynice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
artest 93
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice
Carter looks like he'd rather be doing anything other than play basketball in NJ. I've never liked him. He doesn't play with passion and he doesn't even seem to like the game anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if he either a) pulled a Barry Sanders and retired early, or b) continued to leach a paycheck off of NJ or whatever team is stupid enough to take him.

its a shame really. he isn't the only one either
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I think he just scored 29 points right after they said he's through. Take that as you may.

Well they said Golden State don't play defense. He has a tough time scoring against tough teams in the league. He scores 20 a game, but he has to take about 18 shots a game to get.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:06 AM   #6
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldenpolynice

I know... and to think playing alongside Jason Kidd would mean something. I mean it did... but now it means nothing. Adding him was a mistake... he's a cancer.

I hope he doesn't get any malignant disease like Nene... I'm not saying he deserves it because nobody deserves that... but VC should be thankful for what he has.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

he's done bec he's already 30 and never developed any killer instincts and plays with no heart and passion. physically, he can still do it. He has shown he can still jump, he still shoot from the outside. but as long as he keeps on getting minor injuries and keeps on settling for jump shots, his career is going nowhere
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:13 AM   #8
SLIMMPICKINS
Saw a basketball once

If you don't care for the guy don't watch him simple as that
SLIMMPICKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 AM   #9
DCL
NBA sixth man of the year

vince carter was ontop of the world in 2000. didn't imagine his career would only turn out to be like "this." he had an amazing first step, unreal athleticism, and a pretty reliable jumper. yet he didn't really take advantage of his supreme tools to move to the next level. he had "the stuff" to be a somebody, yet he chose to be a bum. and i don't believe in the true nature of his injuries. dude's *always* injured and whining. they just seem like cowardly excuses. no one in the nba plays 100% healthy, but the difference is that the others never whine about it.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 AM   #10
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMPICKINS
If you don't care for the guy don't watch him simple as that

I'm a Nets fan... I care for the team. This guy could be the blame... he's a big reason why the Nets stink right now.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #11
adamballs
Not airballing my layups anymore

He might be a little late getting into "mid-season" form.
Maybe Magic and Chuck said those things to motivate him.
adamballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:19 AM   #12
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

I didn't need TNT to tell me that.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
vince carter was ontop of the world in 2000. didn't imagine his career would only turn out to be like "this." he had an amazing first step, unreal athleticism, and a pretty reliable jumper. yet he didn't really take advantage of his supreme tools to move to the next level. he had "the stuff" to be a somebody, yet he chose to be a bum. and i don't believe in the true nature of his injuries. dude's *always* injured and whining. they just seem like cowardly excuses. no one in the nba plays 100% healthy, but the difference is that the others never whine about it.

pisses you off doesn't it? someone so blessed with that natural ability but seems like hes doesn't want it.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #14
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
he's a cancer.

dude is playing hurt....... it's obvious... there's no other reason why he would change his offensive tendencies so quickly..... Also I think Lawrence Frank has to go.... Dude is running a slow half court offense with no dominant post up big man.... I mean he was starting Jason Collins until recently Not to mention he has Kidd at PG and two of the best finishers in the league... It makes absolutely no sense at all... If they would run once in a while they would be much more effective
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:46 AM   #15
pro5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23

dude is playing hurt....... it's obvious... there's no other reason why he would change his offensive tendencies so quickly..... Also I think Lawrence Frank has to go.... Dude is running a slow half court offense with no dominant post up big man.... I mean he was starting Jason Collins until recently Not to mention he has Kidd at PG and two of the best finishers in the league... It makes absolutely no sense at all... If they would run once in a while they would be much more effective

He's ALWAYS hurt.. mentally that is. :)
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: