Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry is not a good backcourt. Not because they're not both very good players, not even because they're both SG's. But Stephen Curry is a SG or a combo guard, and Klay Thompson is a complete off-ball SG. He's not a guy who iso's or gets on the wing and puts it on the floor. He's gonna come off screens, he's not gonna handle the ball much. At least with Monta you had another guy who was a very good passer and a playmaker. Are they gonna play Klay as a 3 (he is 6'7 and isn't skinny) and Curry as a 2? Because that backcourt is not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry is not a good backcourt. Not because they're not both very good players, not even because they're both SG's. But Stephen Curry is a SG or a combo guard, and Klay Thompson is a complete off-ball SG. He's not a guy who iso's or gets on the wing and puts it on the floor. He's gonna come off screens, he's not gonna handle the ball much. At least with Monta you had another guy who was a very good passer and a playmaker. Are they gonna play Klay as a 3 (he is 6'7 and isn't skinny) and Curry as a 2? Because that backcourt is not a great idea.

Yea. They are hoping Curry can improve as a pg. But keep in mind that Lee and Bogut are also good passers to go along with Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Yea. They are hoping Curry can improve as a pg. But keep in mind that Lee and Bogut are also good passers to go along with Curry.

This is very true. The Warrios have traditionally been a running team. It was especially true in the 90's. But now they have a team built for half-court, low post play. David Lee is a very good passer. But Bogut is a legitimate facilitator and a guy whose greatest quality is the ability to have the offense go thru him. Curry is one of the best shooters I've ever seen and Klay Thompson looks the same. If they can get a playmaker at the 3 that will make them very dangerous.

I would offer David Lee and a 1st round pick to Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala. Don't know if Philly would take that, but that's better for Golden State. Yea, David Lee and Andrew Bogut sound great together, and Lee is a very good passer, but you need a playmaker at the 3 and I can't really think of any other options.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-15-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

This is very true. The Warrios have traditionally been a running team. It was especially true in the 90's. But now they have a team built for half-court, low post play. David Lee is a very good passer. But Bogut is a legitimate facilitator and a guy whose greatest quality is the ability to have the offense go thru him. Curry is one of the best shooters I've ever seen and Klay Thompson looks the same. If they can get a playmaker at the 3 that will make them very dangerous.

I would offer David Lee and a 1st round pick to Philadelphia for Andre Iguodala. Don't know if Philly would take that, but that's better for Golden State. Yea, David Lee and Andrew Bogut sound great together, and Lee is a very good passer, but you need a playmaker at the 3 and I can't really think of any other options.
    Hells to the naw. I wouldn't. Warriors needs a player like Lee, who can score in the post and grab rebounds, much more than a player like Iggy. He's a good perimeter defender and play maker, which would help, but Lee is more invaluable to the team.

Also Curry is a pretty good point guard. Has good IQ, good ball handler, good passer, good court vision....with Monta gone, Curry can run the offense more. He can easily be a 20/8 player. Anyways playing him at the 2 can't work. He's undersized plus if he did who plays point? Nate? Yeah reverting to the undersized back court problem they had before the trade but smaller isn't progress.

And Klay is also a pretty good ball handler, a decent slasher and on occasion, he has shown he has the ability to play make. But that's not really his forte and playing to your strengths will bring the best results which is why he plays more off the ball. But he can put it on the ground if he needs to.

Curry/Thompson back court can and will work. Warriors just need to focus on Curry and Bogut's recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Hells to the naw. I wouldn't. Warriors needs a player like Lee, who can score in the post and grab rebounds, much more than a player like Iggy. He's a good perimeter defender and play maker, which would help, but Lee is more invaluable to the team.

Also Curry is a pretty good point guard. Has good IQ, good ball handler, good passer, good court vision....with Monta gone, Curry can run the offense more. He can easily be a 20/8 player. Anyways playing him at the 2 can't work. He's undersized plus if he did who plays point? Nate? Yeah reverting to the undersized back court problem they had before the trade but smaller isn't progress.

And Klay is also a pretty good ball handler, a decent slasher and on occasion, he has shown he has the ability to play make. But that's not really his forte and playing to your strengths will bring the best results which is why he plays more off the ball. But he can put it on the ground if he needs to.

Curry/Thompson back court can and will work. Warriors just need to focus on Curry and Bogut's recovery.

It works if you're built thru the post and specifically thru Bogut's post passing.

I don't know...it would be nice if you were able to get a playmaker.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Next step for the Bucks, get rid of Scott Skiles, he's the worst coach in the NBA by far and he runs players out of town, Bogut hated him.
    He's an average coach at best. I hate his schemes. His play-calling is usually terrible. Especially on last second inbound plays. Ugh...

The worst? Probably not.

A lot of players on the team hate him though. That's definitely true. I don't think I'd like playing for a guy like him. D'Antoni would be a good fit with this current squad. I'd trade Skiles for D'Antoni in a second.

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Either the bucks gave up on Bogut too quickly or they think Monta and Udoh will contribute more to their team than a healthy bogut and that their frontline is currently solid with Gooden, Ilyasova, M bha moute plus kwame and Udoh.

Good big men are scarce in today's league, a healthy bogut is arguably one of the best centers in the league. There is no way they'll trade bogut like this if he wasnt injured and had a history of being injured multiple times.

On the other hand, Monta is a consistent perimeter scorer, can also penetrate, finish and could draw defenders which could open up shooters outside. Plus they get an additional 2 able bodies down low in Udoh and Kwame. Only time will tell which team made a better decision, which one is dependent on bogut's health.

No I get what you're saying, but i wouldn't. Curry can't play the 2, he is too small. Iggy is good, but the Warriors need size at the 4 and 5. The best thing the warriors can do is wait for next year and try to pick a good draft at the 3. For now, they have a lot of depth at the 3. Wright, Jefferson, and Mguire. They can trade one of those plus drafts for a 3 if needed. This Lee and Bogut combo is very good. The warriors haven't had that in decades, so lets not break that up.
    Last edited by SacJB Shady; 03-16-2012 at 06:19 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I think the x-actor to this trade will be Udoh. Guy is going to blow it up with the Bucks. Not having to play behind Lee and a week PF unit in Milwuakee is going to expose this.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    No I get what you're saying, but i wouldn't. Curry can't play the 2, he is too small. Iggy is good, but the Warriors need size at the 4 and 5. The best thing the warriors can do is wait for next year and try to pick a good draft at the 3. For now, they have a lot of depth at the 3. Wright, Jefferson, and Mguire. They can trade one of those plus drafts for a 3 if needed. This Lee and Bogut combo is very good. The warriors haven't had that in decades, so lets not break that up.

Fair enough...Bogut will help cover Lee's defensive weaknesses...tho Lee's lack of defensive ability is more in the post and 1v1. He's a good team defender and he's a hustle guy. But he was a Knick and I loved him as a Knick because he was blue collar and was all hustle. I wanna see more of that kind of hustle. That's why I liked him. He needs to be tougher.

Monta back in GS tonight...I actually want to watch a Bucks game how crazy is that!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Monta back in GS tonight...I actually want to watch a Bucks game how crazy is that!
    had to get tickets to this game. crowd will go ape shit when monta gets in the game

Reports say after this trade was done, the Net's offered the Bucks Brook Lopez for Monta Ellis, Bucks said no.

Also, before this trade went down, the Warriors could have acquired Chris Kaman for Brandon Rush, Kwame Brown and a second round pick, but opted for the Bogut trade.