Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: How is Allen Iverson More Selfish Than Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Wouldn't call those players bad. Role players yes. Not everyone can be Gasol, Odom and Bynum. If Kobe was the greatest player in the game as he's billed they would have done better. He has the best coach. You think the Bulls team after the first MJ retirement was better? Not even close but they won almost as many as the MJ teams and barely missed going to the finals.

No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to Shaq and they win their 4th. If Kobe had been patient his time as the # 1 guy was coming as we've seen Shaq decline rapidly since.

Kobe got his money and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.
    you're obviously determined to hate him. i for one didn't like him until two seasons ago, when i thought he finally matured.

michael jordan is obviously the greatest player of all time. not only was he talented, he had the intangibles of a winner. but you can't deny that jordan's teammates thrived in tense moments and kobe's did not. that's not because of what jordan did, and it's not because of what kobe did not, it's because jordan's teammates happened to be some of the better role players we've seen in a while. pippen, cartwright, paxson (who made clutch shot after clutch shot in mj's first championship), rodman, horace grant, kerr, etc... those player's probably aren't considered as talented as gasol, odom, vujajic, farmar, fisher, etc... but you have to remember la was without bynum, and the names mentioned were younger and pippen, cartwright etc were veterans.

and the loss to detroit was partly kobe's fault, but i also blame payton and shaquille for not being able to defend the pick and roll. and you can't blame kobe for karl malone's injury, although you can blame him for malone not returning the following year haha.

Wouldn't call those players bad. Role players yes. Not everyone can be Gasol, Odom and Bynum. If Kobe was the greatest player in the game as he's billed they would have done better. He has the best coach. You think the Bulls team after the first MJ retirement was better? Not even close but they won almost as many as the MJ teams and barely missed going to the finals.

No he wasn't. Kobe threw up brick after brick against Detroit. He passes to and scoring records which seem to be more important to him.
    and it's not as if la performed terribly in the finals. they played bad, but still managed to make it a 6 game series. the celtics were just hungrier, more experienced, and clicking on all throttles.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

you're obviously determined to hate him. i for one didn't like him until two seasons ago
    I don't hate anyone and I used to be a fan til he became a tool. He's not hands down the best player on the planet that's for sure.

you can't deny that jordan's teammates thrived in tense moments and kobe's did not. that's not because of what jordan did, and it's not because of what kobe did not, it's because jordan's teammates happened to be some of the better role players we've seen in a while.
    I guess? Great players make those around them better. Not something Kobe has done well enough.

pippen, cartwright, paxson (who made clutch shot after clutch shot in mj's first championship), rodman, horace grant, kerr, etc...
    I'll give you Pippen, Horace and the first year of Rodman but the others weren't any better than what Kobe's had.

you have to remember la was without bynum
    Yes they were and still had lots of talent.

the names mentioned were younger and pippen, cartwright etc were veterans
    Pippen was young in the beginning of their dynasty. Fisher isn't young.

loss to detroit was partly kobe's fault, but i also blame payton and shaquille for not being able to defend the pick and roll. and you can't blame kobe for karl malone's injury, although you can blame him for malone not returning the following year haha
    Kobe passes to Shaq they win. You can blame Karl's injury or whatever but Kobe does what won them 3 straight they win.

it's not as if la performed terribly in the finals. they played bad, but still managed to make it a 6 game series. the celtics were just hungrier, more experienced, and clicking on all throttles.
    And Kobe's not MJ as some would want to have you believe. You think the Celts would have been hungrier than MJ?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease PMshooter's Avatar

what's more selfish, chasing your woman down the street with a gun, or cheating on her?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by PMshooter
    what's more selfish, chasing your woman down the street with a gun, or cheating on her?
    USA: 10/10

CAN: 8.5/10

JAP: 9/10

UK: 9.5/10

I don't hate anyone and I used to be a fan til he became a tool. He's not hands down the best player on the planet that's for sure.

And Kobe's not MJ as some would want to have you believe. You think the Celts would have been hungrier than MJ?
    i totally agree with you that kobe is not mj. and i also agree that d-wade's best year in the nba the kobe bryant of last season. i think kobe is past his prime physically, and it has affected his ability to get to the hole. the kobe bryant of the past two years prior to last year was the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PMshooter
    haha good question. what i don't understand is that shaquille o'neal also cheated on his wife and people don't seem to hold a grudge against him. maybe it's because he's more friendly than kobe, but it's strange.

Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing.

the kobe bryant of the past two years prior to last year was the best player in the league
    He's never been as good as Wade or Lebron. Anyone that watched Wade in the Finals or Wade and Lebron in the olympics should have seen this.

shhhhhhh

He's never been as good as Wade or Lebron. Anyone that watched Wade in the Finals or Wade and Lebron in the olympics should have seen this.
    hahaha NEVER? what an assclown..quit trying to hide your bias behind reasonable debate and just tell everyone why you dislike kobe and move on.... it's obvious no matter what anyone says it's just going to keep stoking the flames of your agenda.... so who's your guy? lebron probably?

just say "i like lebron more, i think he's better than kobe because" that's how you debate players..tossin out worthless slights like "Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing" is just stupid

I don't have a guy. Kobe just isn't the best player in the game as everyone would want to have you believe. The USA's defensive stopper who couldn't even slow down Fernandez or Navarro. LOL!

tossin out worthless slights like "Shaq wasn't accused of rape for one thing" is just stupid
    No it's not. There's a reason no one cares about Shaq or anyone else cheating on their wives it's because it wasn't a highly publicized rape case. Nor did we hear about Shaq buying his wife a big rock to make it up to her.

National High School Star

I don't have a guy. Kobe just isn't the best player in the game as everyone would want to have you believe. The USA's defensive stopper who couldn't even slow down Fernandez or Navarro. LOL!

No it's not. There's a reason no one cares about Shaq or anyone else cheating on their wives it's because it wasn't a highly publicized rape case. Nor did we hear about Shaq buying his wife a big rock to make it up to her.
    Your hate for Kobe is epic.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

i really dont think kobe is "hands down" or "easily" or "clearly" the best player in the world though. if anything lebron and kobe should be 1a or 1b or it's very closely 1-2, either way it should be debatable.
    Last edited by EricForman; 09-26-2008 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i really dont think kobe is "hands down" or "easily" or "clearly" the best player in the world though. if anything lebron and kobe should be 1a or 1b or it's very closely 1-2, either way it should be debatable.
    you're absolutely right. my guess is that d-wade and lebron go to 1a 1b and kobe moves to 1c this year. he's getting older, and it's beginning to show. however, the kobe bryant of 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 was hands down the best in the league.

if vanessa bryant had wanted to divorce kobe bryant, she could have. they never had a pre-nup, and all of kobe's assets therefore would have been all of her assets. 50-50 split. it's not kobe's fault he was falsely accused of rape. and besides, shaq was cheating on his wife, and allegedly stalked her and sent her pictures of a woman being raped.

LOL! He'd have more rings and less scoring titles if that was the case.
    The dude has 3 rings and 5 Finals trips before the age 0f 30. That's pretty damn impressive and it certainly suggests someone willing to play team basketball. The irony is that he could have had 4-5 scoring titles if he was as bad as you make him sound.