Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason plan

Default Offseason plan

If last year's plan was to gut the old bench mob to save money because Rose was going to miss most of if not all of this season that just ended and at the time they were unsure if Deng would miss a significant part of the season or not than the exact opposite should be true this upcoming season. Rose will be back next year. Deng needs to get himself healthy. So the front office/management needs to pony up and spend money this offseason to bring back key guys or get creative this offseason with trades and/or signings to make sure this team is ready to contend next season. Also not lose focus on the draft and make sure we draft someone who can add to the depth and possibly earn minutes in the rotation like we've done a good job of the last couple of drafts. Time is now to spend the money we've been so conservative with to ensure we have a contender. Honestly, not a lot needs to be done. If something were to be done I would hope it would be to increase our chances, but I would be fine with staying put pretty much and resigning guys to what they're worth.

A roster of:

Rose - Hinrich
    Butler - Nate
    Deng - Bellinelli
    Boozer - Gibson
    Noah - Nazr

is a good start.

To add to that we need some 3-point shooting and another center and I'm satisfied. That roster completely healthy is a true contender no doubt about it.

I usually hit open layups SnakePlissken's Avatar

Default Re: Offseason plan

Boozer disappointed me. I really hope they amnesty him. Other than that, that's a good roster. If the Bulls can amnesty Boozer and then try and go after Milsap from Utah I'd love it.

Oh and the number one off season plan: Derrick Rose has to regain his muscle memory. Whatever the f*ck that means. No more being a p*ssy next year, Rose.

OJ Mayo
    Tony Allen
    Trade for Kevin Love
    Trade for Eric Gordon
    Kevin Martin

Some possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    OJ Mayo
    Tony Allen
    Trade for Kevin Love
    Trade for Eric Gordon
    Kevin Martin

Some possibilities
    Kevin Love would be perfect on this team. Could the Bulls get him without having to give up Rose (obviously), Noah and Butler? I'd give up anybody else in a trade for Love.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlissken
    Boozer disappointed me. I really hope they amnesty him. Other than that, that's a good roster. If the Bulls can amnesty Boozer and then try and go after Milsap from Utah I'd love it.

Oh and the number one off season plan: Derrick Rose has to regain his muscle memory. Whatever the f*ck that means. No more being a p*ssy next year, Rose.
    Don't see the Bulls being the type of organization to amnesty someone.

I've proposed a deal before that I thought could be possible and reasonable for both sides.

Humphries and Brooks from the Nets for Boozer and maybe the Bulls throw in a first round pick.

I'd do it. Saves us some money. Humphries is on a cheaper and shorter deal. Taj could start. Humphries wouldn't be a terrible backup. Marshon is a scorer who can create his own shot and still has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakePlissken
    Kevin Love would be perfect on this team. Could the Bulls get him without having to give up Rose (obviously), Noah and Butler? I'd give up anybody else in a trade for Love.
    I think maybe Boozer, rights to Mirotic and the Charlotte pick might get it done. I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    I think maybe Boozer, rights to Mirotic and the Charlotte pick might get it done. I'd do it.
    Simmons has been floating Boozer, Mirotic, Bobcats pick, and Jimmy for Love, and maybe a pick.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that trade. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't truly mind trading Deng instead of Boozer if the plan is to amnesty Boozer NEXT offseason anyways. Then they could get Love. Maybe Deng pulls a Hinrich and comes back. If not we'd almost certainly keep Jimmy if Deng was traded. Either way. Rose/Love/Noah. Is a very very very nice big 3. Plus Taj, Teague should prove to be a usable player with the way he already gets into the lane. If nothing else he should be valuable trade piece next season for at least a decent player.

Also of note is that Flip Saunders is absolutely homo for Boozer. And always said Chicago fans were way too rough on the guy. So I'm thinking there's an even better chance of that happening than when Simmons proposed it.

Players under contract next season

Rose, Noah, Deng, Boozer, Taj, Butler, Hinrich, Teague.

No way we pick up RIPs 5 million option. And I don't see us amnestying anyone this offseason either.

Bulls definitely have some assets that could be packaged in a deal. Lu on his final year, the Bobcats pick, and Mirotic (don't think we would get fair value at all). Going after a guy like Love would be great, as long as we got to keep Rose, Noah, and Butler. Not saying adding Butler is a deal breaker, it would just suck because he's a steal on his contract.

So we pretty much have to build a bench again, outside of Taj and Kirk who are nice pieces off the bench. I hope we can bring back Nate, it'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to pry him away from us. I also liked what Marco brought to the team, and would be cool with him coming back on a cheap contract.

We aren't in any sort of position to go sign a big name free agent without some major cap cuts...I don't see that happening either. The post Boozer contract is really the only time we will have some major cap flexibility.

So, IMO the major need is a backup center. Some 3 point shooting and someone who can create is also needed, but being able to bring back Rose next season will obviously help the offense.

20th pick. On paper it looks to be a pretty meh draft. I'm thinking a guy like Dieng or Withey would be there. Neither can replace what we lost in Asik, but we need something. Combine and workouts will show us where we are going with the pick though, hope we can find a serviceable player.

I'm fine with bringing back Nazr on the cheap, but he's not the answer.

Finding another guard will be interesting. OJ Mayo would be great, but I don't think we can afford him. Kevin Martin if he doesn't stay in OKC, if we can afford him.

I could see Drew Gooden and John Salmons both getting amnestied this offseason, and I'd be cool if we brought either one of them back if they clear, obviously both worth nothing more than the min considering they'd still be getting paid from their teams now. Not bad depth adds IMO.

Once we figure out who will actually be on the market, it might be easier to speculate. I'm perfectly fine with another year of what we had, because we will bring back Rose. And of course at least adding some more depth inside.

I think Nate comes back. He really seemed like he wanted to be here. Thibs loves/hates/loves the guy as much as anyone. And he was pretty good this year when called upon. I think as long as he doesn't want more than he's actually worth he'll be back. Granted.. unless Kirk starts at the 2 guard and Jimmy goes back to the bench point guard is awfully crowded with Rose back.

I think Dieng is gonna rise up the board starting after today's combine. He actually looks 6'10-11. And given how weak the draft is he's gonna fly up. And unfortunately Hardaway Jr.

I think the Bulls pick an overseas guy again. Lots of guys in our draft slot are Euros: Gobert, Adetokoubo, Sarec, Karasev (a terrific wing player). And a Brazilian: Noguiera. Given the way the Bulls have drafted lately, and the cap situation I think they're gonna go that direction.

Gobert would be awesome, but I think he's going to move up to be in the 12-15 range. He's impressed so far in the combine

Dammit I missed his combine? For some reason I thought it started at 11.

The 3 players on the roster I really don't want to be traded are Rose, Noah and Butler. I really want to see what a Rose and Butler back court can do together.

Here's some combine stuff. link

Bleacher report I know. but he just used reporters twitters for the info so it's at least solid. Official measurements come out tomorrow sometime.

f*ck you rose

one last time,

F*CK YOU ROSE!