Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Remember i said we are going to another great depression?

good thing the place where i live isn't really affected by the housing bubble or the foreclosure sales.

my property is still holding its value.

if you have money now, you better go stock up on some investment properties.

RP 4 lyfe

payday!

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    I hope you invested in gold...
    too bad that the US as a whole did not invest in gold...

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    good thing the place where i live isn't really affected by the housing bubble or the foreclosure sales.

my property is still holding its value.

if you have money now, you better go stock up on some investment properties.
    Really??

I live in europe, and where I sit, it seems as if your property has lost it

Banned

If you are at work right now... look busy.

Now is not a good time to lose your job.

Very good NBA starter

this bailout, was not gonna be enough, but it was necessary. oh man, how many more banks gonna fold in the next 10 days! a total financial banking collapse -- that's gonna kick the rest of us really hard for a very long time.

[QUOTE=dhenk]too bad that the US as a whole did not invest in gold...

Really??

I live in europe, and where I sit, it seems as if your property has lost it

Banned

So they didn't get the 218 votes?

lets be prepared for a 3 day drop in the stock market.

i hope you practiced your thievary skills. we are going to need it.

first thing first is to kill the pigs.

Very good NBA starter

at least you're not somewhere in miami, fresno, or las vegas. some of those places shot up ridiculously high during the peak, and now those prices are literally falling off the cliff.

NeXuS is exactly right - the "BAILOUT" would have only delayed the inevitable. A bandaid doesn't heal a gushing wound. It's better to bite the bullet today, rather than suffer even greater consequences down the road. Think of this financial crisis as a snowball that's been racing down a mountain for quite sometime now. It's gaining speed, momentum and massive volume. The government is trying to clear a path so it can keep going! Why the fu*k would you do that? Let the fu*king thing bust already instead of letting it get even bigger so it can do even more damage.

It's not fu*king rocket science!

my weapon of choice. 45 millimeter. will go straight through kevlar

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    NeXuS is exactly right - the "BAILOUT" would have only delayed the inevitable. A bandaid doesn't heal a gushing wound. It's better to bite the bullet today, rather than suffer even greater consequences down the road. Think of this financial crisis as a snowball that's been racing down a mountain for quite sometime now. It's gaining speed, momentum and massive volume. The government is trying to clear a path so it can keep going! Why the fu*k would you do that? Let the fu*king thing bust already instead of letting it get even bigger so it can do even more damage.

no man, if you let the banks die, then we REALLY enter a depression in rapid mode, much worse than the asian crisis, brazilian crisis, and argentinian crisis ever experienced when all their banks went down. unemployment might be shot up to like 20% with double digit inflationary levels. a "small" country might endure and recover due to its scale (and they might get picked up with the bigger countries injecting money in), but for a huge ass country like the u.s. to enter that state, there's nobody big enough to save its ass. it's almost irrecoverable. just letting this huge ass mothafuka mess "play out" is NOT a viable option. dead banks equate to a dead economy. how the hell does it "play itself" out when all the resources of funds (banks) are dead?

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan

my weapon of choice. 45 millimeter. will go straight through kevlar
    Dude, STFU already. You're talking about how you've "purchased" property "back in law school" for more than a quarter of a million dollars and now you're trolling on this message board like a little twatt that lost its way home posting guns and ish like that. Fu*k off.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? The whole point of the 700 billion dollar bailout was to save banks and firms from collapsing and instill confidence into the system. Confidence is the basic thing needed for a healthy economy, now you've got people hoarding their money, afraid to spend it, freezing up the economy. It's not like the bailout was going to inflate the bubble even more, the bubble is already shrinking, especially housing prices and such, the point of the bailout is to stabilise the falling prices and stop people from going bankrupt.