Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anyone else on here introverted?

Homecoming is coming up soon for me and I already know it's going to be exactly like last year: me sitting at home and watching anime. Not necessarily a bad thing since I hate crowds of people, but I always feel bad about it. Like "oh i should have went" or something like that. I'm always thinking of girls I wanna ask out, but I know I never will because it's so hard for me to get out of my comfort zone. I'm not really socially awkward just terrible at interacting with people I don't know.

Anyways I'm just one of those people who prefer to just be alone. Social interaction tires my body out completely. It was really bad how much I stayed in the house over the summer since I got out of shape for the season and now I'm paying for it. To give you an estimate I don't think I even had 2k posts before this Summer started. Everytime someone wanted to hang out I made excuses. I may sound like a complete loser here, but I'm just really bad at interacting outside of my circle of friends. Unless we're talking about the NBA or something.

Sorry ISH had to get that off my chest. I want to here more about you guys though, so /discuss

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone else on here introverted?

im sure a lot on here are. esp the trolls

I enjoy both being with people and being by myself to think about personal things without distraction. If I'm with people for an extended period of time I can get worn out or agitated, likewise with being alone, so with most things, a balance is a recipe for sanity

Sunshine State

The test and experts says I'm an introvert but honestly I'm like 60% Introvert 40% Extrovert

Naturally I'm an introvert but I do enjoy the company of people and going to social gatherings i.e parties, concerts, bars/clubs etc. I do like socializing and the company of others (Which is ironic because I hate people) but deep down I do like being by myself maybe just watching basketball with a beer in my hand or something, that makes me happy.

There is nothing wrong with being either. Social anxiety is a part of life, besides you're gonna experience a shit ton of it since you're young as *****, 15-17 was an awkward time for me and it will be for you too, but it'll be a good time if you know how to be happy.

Also go to homecoming, you're only in high school once unless you want to be a super senior.
    Last edited by Le Shaqtus; 08-28-2013 at 10:40 PM.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm a complete extrovert. I lose my mind when I'm just sitting at home alone or not talking to anyone. Honestly I think it's because I'm a severe overthinker. When I'm alone I spend way too much time thinking, and all kinds of shit runs thru my head. Stress about work, life, etc. I like to keep myself distracted by interacting with other people. There was a thread about texting a few months ago and like I said there's months where I send 10,000-12,000 texts. I dunno I just love social interaction.

The only time where I 100% prefer to be alone is when I work out. I don't do gyms, don't do group workouts, don't exercise with friends. That's my "me" time. Everything else I prefer to be around groups of people

I moved during my sophomore year of high school so I became pretty introverted during high school. As a senior in college I am much more outgoing now and having a much better time with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    The test and experts says I'm an introvert but honestly I'm like 60% Introvert 40% Extrovert

Naturally I'm an introvert but I do enjoy the company of people and going to social gatherings i.e parties, concerts, bars/clubs etc. I do like socializing and the company of others (Which is ironic because I hate people) but deep down I do like being by myself maybe just watching basketball with a beer in my hand or something, that makes me happy.

There is nothing wrong with being either. Social anxiety is a part of life, besides you're gonna experience a shit ton of it since you're young as *****, 15-17 was an awkward time for me and it will be for you too, but it'll be a good time if you know how to be happy.

Also go to homecoming, you're only in high school once unless you want to be a super senior.
    I'll think about going. If someone asks me out I'll go

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I'll think about going. If someone asks me out I'll go
    Dawg you gotta ask a girl this is America, ain't no girl gonna come out and ask you to prom unless:

1) You're going with a girl who's a friend
    2) Some girl really wants to jump your gentlemans vegetables.

Thats a mans job

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

More extrovert. I hate being alone on weekends, so I dont. Unless I dont have any plans, or no friends are available which obviously sometimes happens, I dont mind sitting alone, and playing pc games, watching tv playing basketball alone. Im just that cool with myself.

friends tho make everything better. But I get tired of them after a while. We once spend 2 weeks 3 guys just hanging together, living at each other places. That was 2-3 years ago. I was 17-18 I think.
    Last edited by CeltsGarlic; 08-28-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    I hate being alone at weekends
    This more than anything, I don't care on the weekdays because I'm at school but I hate doing nothing on a weekend unless there's a big game or something. Other than that I need to be out of the house.

Most people on message boards are.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Dawg you gotta ask a girl this is America, ain't no girl gonna come out and ask you to prom unless:

1) You're going with a girl who's a friend
    2) Some girl really wants to jump your gentlemans vegetables.

Thats a mans job
    Talking to girls is hard.

Man just be like I'm a Magic fan and they be like oh yea word then the rest is history

Sunshine State

F*cking tell me about it dude.

Trying having your girlfriend leave you for someone else, it totally kills all your confidence Just talk to girls in your classes.

shhhhhhh

They don't bite. It never hurts to ask. Don't go for the social butterfly, find a girl who seems quiet like you, maybe a bit shy/reserved and ask her to the homecoming. She might say no and that's ok but she might say yes.