Banned

Default Is anyone here in to One Piece?

I swear I tried to get in to this a few years ago, watched like 50-60 episodes and I just thought it sucked.

Everyone says you got to watch a lot to get in to it, but I watched that much and still thought it was lame.

When does it get really good? It's the best selling manga ever and still going strong. What's so awesome about this show and what episode/manga chapter does it become good?

Default Re: Is anyone here in to One Piece?

How is it possible to watch that much of something you think sucked???

A couple of years ago I marathoned the manga in about a week up until the timeskip. Aside from the WB war, it is absolute garbage. 90% of it is pointless filler fluff irrelevant to the plot, artwork is poor and panels are overloaded with text. How many chapters/episodes in and how close are they to OP or the thousands of mysteries yet to be unveiled?

All IMO of course, and there's clearly a reason why its the best selling, but I think its in competition with Naruto and FT as the worst 'popular' shonen manga ever drawn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    How is it possible to watch that much of something you think sucked???
    i kno dawg. Everyone kept telling me it gets good around episode 50. I was determined to get in to this show, but it just sucked so bad.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I swear I tried to get in to this a few years ago, watched like 50-60 episodes and I just thought it sucked.

Everyone says you got to watch a lot to get in to it, but I watched that much and still thought it was lame.

When does it get really good? It's the best selling manga ever and still going strong. What's so awesome about this show and what episode/manga chapter does it become good?
    dude i felt the same way. i read like 100 chapters and stopped a year ago. i started reading it again this summer and now im all caught up. its ****ing amazing, you just have to keep reading.

btw i recommend reading it because it would take ****ing forever to watch all the episodes.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    A couple of years ago I marathoned the manga in about a week up until the timeskip. Aside from the WB war, it is absolute garbage. 90% of it is pointless filler fluff irrelevant to the plot, artwork is poor and panels are overloaded with text. How many chapters/episodes in and how close are they to OP or the thousands of mysteries yet to be unveiled?

All IMO of course, and there's clearly a reason why its the best selling, but I think its in competition with Naruto and FT as the worst 'popular' shonen manga ever drawn.
    nah bleach is definitely the worst

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral
    you just spoiled a major ass part of the plot for op

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    you just spoiled a major ass part of the plot for op
    im not gonna read or watch this shit anyway, so dont care.

Luffy is such a one dimensional OP Goku wannabe. Zorro is kind of cool, but I dont see myself every catching up with this manga.

Might be something I had to grow up with to enjoy.

Celtics 2016 Champs

yeah i was thinking about no writing that... but i thought nicck young said he wasn't watching it.... haha ill delete that post though

Celtics 2016 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    im not gonna read or watch this shit anyway, so dont care.

Luffy is such a one dimensional OP Goku wannabe. Zorro is kind of cool, but I dont see myself every catching up with this manga.

Might be something I had to grow up with to enjoy.
    Hey OP have you watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by That_Admiral
    Hey OP have you watched fullmetal alchemist brotherhood?
    yep was reading the manga on a weekly basis too. That's my favorite shonen manga along with death note.

I think things that are good and don't ramble on.

Naruto used to be like that and was really good before the timeskip.