Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Has Larry Brown gone Crazy??

Quote:
4. Lamar Odom = Underrated

Lamar is one of the best players in our league and is possibly as underrated as anybody in the league. He rebounds unbelievably well (9.7 rpg this season), is a tremendous defender and a great ball handler. The way Phil Jackson plays him in their system, he can play any position. Any time he plays at a high level, the Lakers are as good as any team in the league. He and Ilgauskas are two guys who donít get a lot of credit. When I look at Lamar, Garnett, Kirilenko, they fill up the stat sheet and their value isnít always scoring the ball. Lamar makes everybody on his team better. I was fortunate to get to coach him on the Olympic team and he has always been someone I admired him from afar, but being around him on a daily basis, you realize that heís a pretty special player.

this one statement alone should bar him from any future NBA coaching jobs. A "tremendous defeder", one of the "best players in our league", I think he has lost it..
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation
Default Re: Has Larry Brown gone Crazy??

Larry Brown is overrated as a coach
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

i dont agree with his comments about odom, but lamar is a good player and handles the ball very well for a 6'10 player.. causes mismatches all the time..
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20
i dont agree with his comments about odom, but lamar is a good player and handles the ball very well for a 6'10 player.. causes mismatches all the time..

when is the last time Odom has caused a mismatch. It seems right in theory bujt he doesnt capatilize on these imaginary mismatches because he cant finish and doesnt have any moves besides a hesitation dribble and doesnt have a right hand.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

larry brown makes me laugh
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:02 AM   #6
Moose

I don't think there has been a time where Larry Brown has been non-crazy as far as i know.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #7
kobelamarjackson
High School JV MVP

kobelamarjackson has an OK reputation so far

lamar is a decent defender. a very good ball handler. a very unselfish team player
kobelamarjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #8
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
when is the last time Odom has caused a mismatch. It seems right in theory bujt he doesnt capatilize on these imaginary mismatches because he cant finish and doesnt have any moves besides a hesitation dribble and doesnt have a right hand.

Exactly what I thought when I read that.

The mismatch is simply one of a visual nature, not a competitive one.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
kidachi

we don't see what Larry Brown sees.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

the man must do incredible amount of drugs.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by evinecz
larry brown makes me laugh

What makes me laugh is without Larry Brown Iverson and his 42% shooting would have been knocked out in the first round in 2001.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #12
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Brown to Marbury
…"And I've said this from Day 1: I've never given anybody in my career more free rein. In my career. And I went to the conference finals (in Indiana) with Haywood Workman as a point guard. With Eric Snow, who was the fourth-string point guard in Seattle. He went to the NBA Finals (with Philadelphia)."

LB is a strange beast…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Larry Brown w/o the drama would be a PERFECT coach for the Cavs, but with the man comes his drama and baggage, so no thanks.............
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Link??
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #15
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
What makes me laugh is without Larry Brown Iverson and his 42% shooting would have been knocked out in the first round in 2001.
you are probably right...no arguments here..
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: