Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario
 
Luigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,616
Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Until it finally hit me that the finances may require losing him, I didn't take any of the rumors seriously. Boozer was a permanent Jazz fixture in my mind. But now, they look more possible.

Not saying that Utah FO is talking with Miami, just saying it would make sense if they did decide to.

So, how do you take it when you hear a Boozer trade rumor?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star
 
CakeorDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,555
CakeorDeath has decent reputation
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

It all depends on how they do this year. If the Jazz continue to show improvement and continue to look like they are on the verge of seriously contending, then I think LHM bites the bullet and pays the luxury tax to keep the core together. By core, I mean Williams, Boozer, Okur, Brewer, Millsap, Korver, and Price. AK may be traded for cap relief (like Camby just was), but if the aforementioned nucleus looks like it is talented and deep enough to win it all with a little bit more experienced, then Miller will pay. Williams' desire to win will keep Miller writing checks, as long as they are for players that also have a desire to win and to get better.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,411
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Quote:
If the Jazz continue to show improvement and continue to look like they are on the verge of seriously contending

I don't think they've shown either.

Quote:
I think LHM bites the bullet and pays the luxury tax

Can't see it ever happening. He could have re-signed Donyell after they got Harpring and the Jazz would have been very tough but he didn't and they barely made the playoffs and John retired.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario
 
Luigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,616
Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
It all depends on how they do this year. If the Jazz continue to show improvement and continue to look like they are on the verge of seriously contending, then I think LHM bites the bullet and pays the luxury tax to keep the core together. By core, I mean Williams, Boozer, Okur, Brewer, Millsap, Korver, and Price. AK may be traded for cap relief (like Camby just was), but if the aforementioned nucleus looks like it is talented and deep enough to win it all with a little bit more experienced, then Miller will pay. Williams' desire to win will keep Miller writing checks, as long as they are for players that also have a desire to win and to get better.

I definately think Miller is willing to go over after Marion and Korver.

I am afraid Milsap will get too large of a contract to keep though, even going over the cap. We still need a cork in that core though. Fes/Koufos?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,411
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Quote:
I definately think Miller is willing to go over after Marion and Korver.

How does this show LHM's willingness to pay luxury tax? Last year the Jazz used none of their exceptions despite having the same needs they have now.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
collusion
Win one for LHM
 
collusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 206
collusion has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

I do. Williams has quoted Boozer as saying opting out will be a business decision. His stock is definitely down after last years second half of the season and playoffs. If it goes down some more maybe he won't opt out. We could keep him but we have some serious money to spend if we want to keep all of the pieces intact. Will LHM do it? Your guess is a good as mine, maybe it will be his son. Or maybe he'll sell it to the FLash guy what with LHM being in the hospital for the last 5 weeks.
collusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,411
Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Quote:
Will LHM do it? Your guess is a good as mine

Based on his history there is no reason to think he would other than him talking big.

Quote:
maybe he'll sell it to the FLash guy

We can only hope.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Betzza
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12
Betzza has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Boozer Rumors-do you take them seriously?

Right now, i laugh
Betzza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy