Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jake Delhomme extended to the tune of five years, 42.5 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Delhomme is not one of the 3 worst starting quarterbacks in a league that had guys like Russell, Thigpen, Ferotte, Orloskvky, Fitzpatrick, S Hill start 10+ games last year.

He is on the same level as guys like Edwards, Orton, Garrard, Campbell, Flacco, Collins.
Flacco has upside and was a rookie so he deserves to be a tier up.

Tyler Thigpen is as good as Delhomme IMO.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #17
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Delhomme is not one of the 3 worst starting quarterbacks in a league that had guys like Russell, Thigpen, Ferotte, Orloskvky, Fitzpatrick, S Hill start 10+ games last year.

He is on the same level as guys like Edwards, Orton, Garrard, Campbell, Flacco, Collins.

Give me Tyler Thigpen over Delhomme any day of the week and twice on Sunday (lol).

@ Panthers fans
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I LOL'd so hard when I saw this on ESPN earlier.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People quickly forget that Jake led a Panthers team to 12-4 less than a year after Tommy John surgery. Yes he was bad in the Cardinals game, but so was the entire defense and offensive line.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #20
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

10 mil of his guaranteed should go to Steve Smith...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #21
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Between Delhomme signing that deal, the Lions possibly spending 80 million on Matt Stafford, and the Redskins possibly trading two 1st rounders for Sanchez I'm very glad that the Bears traded for Cutler.

80$ million for a bust?

I don't think I could ever select a QB at #1 concidering how risky it is, and how much money is waisted.

There have been just way too many busts... and besides... Most of the time they play like $hit the first couple of years. (So that's more waisted money spent on developing him)

I think a lot of teams have Sanchez as the better QB anyway.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Shark
80$ million for a bust?

I don't think I could ever select a QB at #1 concidering how risky it is, and how much money is waisted.

There have been just way too many busts... and besides... Most of the time they play like $hit the first couple of years. (So that's more waisted money spent on developing him)

I think a lot of teams have Sanchez as the better QB anyway.

The draft in general is a crap shoot. You are no less likely to be a bust picked #10 as opposed to #1 overall. If Stafford is drafted in the 2nd round and not #1 overall does your opinion on him change? Probably so. If you wouldnt select a QB #1 overall then who would you select and how are they less likely to be a bust than a QB? It really doesnt make much sense.

As far as how much they get paid? Yeah its retarded. NFL needs to place a cap on how much rookies can make. Its ridiculous these unproven kids get money out thier ass. And while only the bonus is guranteed no team is going to bail/give up on a rookie early unlike a vet. So you're definately gonna be paying some $$$$ out your ass for him.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
D-Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The draft in general is a crap shoot. You are no less likely to be a bust picked #10 as opposed to #1 overall. If Stafford is drafted in the 2nd round and not #1 overall does your opinion on him change? Probably so. If you wouldnt select a QB #1 overall then who would you select and how are they less likely to be a bust than a QB? It really doesnt make much sense.

As far as how much they get paid? Yeah its retarded. NFL needs to place a cap on how much rookies can make. Its ridiculous these unproven kids get money out thier ass. And while only the bonus is guranteed no team is going to bail/give up on a rookie early unlike a vet. So you're definately gonna be paying some $$$$ out your ass for him.

Now that I think about it... you're right. It just seems like there are so many QBs that are busts, and the Lions cannot afford to get this pick wrong. If they draft another Joey Harrington, that franchise is gonna be screwed for another 5 years.

I haven't studied this years draft that much, but you would think there is a safer pick right?

And I was thinking the same thing... there has got to be "Rookie" Cap for these players. The first pick of the draft is suppose to help your team as much as possible... not haunt them for five more years. (David Carr, Alex Smith, Tim Couch,... JaMarcus Russell?)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: