Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: Los Angeles Times - Kobe will take race for MVP to the wire

Source: Kobe will take race for MVP to the wire

Quote:

Kobe Bryant for MVP, at long last?

Uh, maybe -- and maybe not.

It's amazing to think that Bryant hasn't won a most-valuable-player award in 11 seasons while being acknowledged as the game's best player for almost half of that time.

Not that it's hard to understand. For eight seasons, he played with Shaquille O'Neal, who got most of the credit, being named Finals MVP in all three of their title runs.

With O'Neal gone and Bryant free to show all he could do, the Lakers sank in the standings. Kobe could reduce his peers to slack-jawed wonder, as he did two seasons ago when he scored 81 points in a game, and Allen Iverson, then in Philadelphia, said he called everyone he knew to watch this.

It still didn't mean an MVP with the Lakers coming in down the line. See how well LeBron James runs this season with his Cavaliers No. 4 in the East.

This season, it was the Lakers who surprised the world with Bryant having, as Coach put it, his "best year ever as far as [being] an overall team player."

There's also an undercurrent among press people that Bryant is not only deserving, they owe him one for all the years he was deserving and got little notice.

Nevertheless, Bryant's candidacy has two problems named Kevin Garnett and Chris Paul.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
cranrab
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cranrab has an OK reputation so far
Default Los Angeles Times

this fellow just blogged about this topic: lakersfiction.blogspot.com
cranrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranrab
this fellow just blogged about this topic: lakersfiction.blogspot.com
oh i just blogged about it too...

it's here at www.stopspamingthelakersforum.blog

as for kobe... he doesn't seem to concerned with the MVP, watching him on the bench last night laughing with lamar and others instead of being out on the floor padding his stats like lebron does, shows me he's got his eye on a bigger prize... I'm sure he'd be happy to win it and I'd certainly be glad to see him win it, but it's really secondary this season....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
as for kobe... he doesn't seem to concerned with the MVP, watching him on the bench last night laughing with lamar and others instead of being out on the floor padding his stats like lebron does, shows me he's got his eye on a bigger prize... I'm sure he'd be happy to win it and I'd certainly be glad to see him win it, but it's really secondary this season....
I agree. Kobe's finally grasped the bigger picture- Championship > MVP.

I still think it's bull**** people are running around saying CP3 is "by far" the best player in the West right now, though. Lets see how he plays without West and Chandler for nearly 20 games....
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Speaking of Lebron, who I think is sensational and right up there as the best player in the game right now, I been watching him quite closely lately and I notice a lot of stat-padding type plays he makes during the game. Particularly regarding rebounds. On multiple occasions I see him fighting his own teammates (typically the PF or C) for rebounds that he had no business going after when it was clear they had them easy (with no opponent anywhere in the vicinity). That's not cool. I have NEVER seen Kobe do that. Lamar on the other hand...well that's another story, but at least rebounding is pretty much Lamar's top priority on the team.

I believe this Friday's game against NO will decide the whole thing (however fair that may be). Whomever performs better and ends up with the "W" will likely be the favorite for MVP. Unfortunately it will be a back-to-back for us, while NO will have played Minnesota and had a day-off in between.

Let's hope we smash these next few games and give our main guys some good rest.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

are you sure that link is correct? I can't seem to access your blog :)
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #8
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Article: Los Angeles Times - Kobe will take race for MVP to the wire

KG shouldn't be in there anymore.
I'd put Perice before KG any how.

It's between Paul and Kobe.

This Fridays game should settle it.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword

I still think it's bull**** people are running around saying CP3 is "by far" the best player in the West right now, though. Lets see how he plays without West and Chandler for nearly 20 games....

GREAT point!!

If Bynum was healthy all year and Kupchak would've pulled the trigger on Pau regardless, the Lakers couldv'e won at LEAST 10 more games. Then there would be a far greater advantage for Kobe to finally win the MVP.

I have never seem a team over the course of a few years decimated by so many injuries like L.A.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: