Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-01-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.
Default Vlad-Rad 5 year deal

The lakers quickly are becoming very dangerous within a week Jordan Farmar,Vlad,Mo evans,and a sleeper J.R pinnock. and people say mitch isn't a good gm.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

This plus the Al Harrington S&T possibility means the Lakers' two year plan is out the window and they're going to try to smartly build a contending team that can advance in the playoffs.

It's nice to see Vlade make a contribution, finally.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #3
oldbroom
Can barely lace up my sneakers

oldbroom has an OK reputation so far

Terrible deal if it happens.

Rad is a bad defender, terrible rebounder: 8.7 per 48 is in the bottom 10th percentile, along with the likes of Scalabrine, Cliff Robinson, Bonner etc.

Supposedly he's a scorer but his 18.6 per 48 is 174th in the league, and a bit above the league mean of 16.4.

An average scorer, worse than average rebounder, not known for defense, and of course muffed that key pass in the 4th quarter of that critical Clippers playoff game against Dallas.

Evans was a great pick-up though. A much better player at a fraction of the cost.
oldbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Lakerfan

Lakerfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anthony
The lakers quickly are becoming very dangerous within a week Jordan Farmar,Vlad,Mo evans,and a sleeper J.R pinnock. and people say mitch isn't a good gm.

Mitch is a piss poor gm. Anyone who pays a man 3 mill for averages of 3 points and he is freaking old is retarded. I mean we want youth not players who will retire soon. I mean for 3 mill he had the best seat in the house. He was payed to watch games.

Don't even mention his drafting of puppy crap (cook) when Leandro Barbosa (who outscored Sissy and Crap by himself 23-0 in game 6) and Josh howard were on deck. Imagine a line up of Lamar, Kobe and Howard. Guaranteed they would be in the finals. And Sissy (sasha) plays no D. We could of got that guy the Pacers picked up instead of wafer. He also took Rush over Prince. He chose O over strangling D.

Bynum was weak as well. He may be good down the way but Granger would have been awesome now. He played 5 positions for the Pacers. I'm sure he would have come in handy against the Suns.

oh well a starting line up of
Lamar
Kobe
Howard
Brown
Mihm
Prince 6th
Granger 7th (freaking 7th man who can play 5 positions and is young!)

will only exist in dreams. Not cupcake's dreams.
Lakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan
Mitch is a piss poor gm. Anyone who pays a man 3 mill for averages of 3 points and he is freaking old is retarded. I mean we want youth not players who will retire soon. I mean for 3 mill he had the best seat in the house. He was payed to watch games.

Don't even mention his drafting of puppy crap (cook) when Leandro Barbosa (who outscored Sissy and Crap by himself 23-0 in game 6) and Josh howard were on deck. Imagine a line up of Lamar, Kobe and Howard. Guaranteed they would be in the finals. And Sissy (sasha) plays no D. We could of got that guy the Pacers picked up instead of wafer. He also took Rush over Prince. He chose O over strangling D.

Bynum was weak as well. He may be good down the way but Granger would have been awesome now. He played 5 positions for the Pacers. I'm sure he would have come in handy against the Suns.

Lamar
Kobe
Howard
Brown
Mihm
Prince 6th

Aaron McKie got a small, risk free deal. If it panned out, great. If it didn't, no problem. We needed a player like him and it was sad to see it didn't work out.

Cook was a good college player, drafted late in the 2nd round and you can never be sure about foreign players. Josh Howard wouldn't have enough to get the Lakers into the finals.

Sasha is a pretty good defense player with a smooth jumpshot. He just needs experience and confidence. Patience is a virtue with young players, especially young foreign players.

Rush had a productive college career like Prince did. Rush was drafted to play his natural position while Prince had to move to over to the 3. Prince didn't have a dependable long range shot when he came out of Kentucky. It was a decision that was made with logic behind it.

The Lakers don't need Granger because we have Odom and Bryant. A lot of teams passed him up. It would be nice to have him, but Bynum is a young center who the coaching staff likes. He could be a very effective low post center in an era where good low post centers are a rarity.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You all need to stop trashing GM mitch Kuptchak.

He is doing a decent Job and he said he isn't done yet.

If we end up getting Radmanovic It will be perfect for the triangle, he always hurts us anyways....wouldnt it be nice to take away one of our killers on to our side?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:45 AM   #7
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Mitch & Buss

Let me tell you first - The Vlad pickup was a good one. I've been a fan since the late 70's and I'm happy that this went down. Kobe needed a threat from the outside and Stojakovic was too much of a gamble with a bum back. Say what you will about him, he's deadly from the outside and it allows Kobe to be Kobe instead of a spot up shooter. Can you imagine Lamar, Kobe and now Vlad on the court? You can't suck in and double Kobe any longer and Lamar will be free to roam and post.

On to my point - Mitch has never been the problem. Buss ordered the trade of Shaq due to Shaq's lack of professionalism. If you can remember, the last season Shaq was in L.A., they were in a preseason battle and Shaq had been pushing for an extension thoughout. Buss had told him that he wasn't going to mortgage the future and asked that he would take a deal (much like Garnett did in Minny) so that he could still build a contender, to which Shaq and his agent said "No" to. Shaq also stated that he wanted max money (after he had already said he would not play for another coach and that he was retiring at the age of 36). So, in this preason game, Shaq threw down a semi impressive dunk and cut right in front of Buss who had been sitting in the front row and screamed "are you going to pay me yet?". It was then Buss chose to trade him as he categorized that to those in his inner circles as "insulting".

Mitch was then given the task of trading him IMMEDIATELY. He had 2 deals on the table. 1 from Mark Cuban (openly admitted on his radio show) for ANY of his players SANS Nowitzki and 1 from Miami (the Lamar deal). Mitch stood his ground and said he wasn't going to trade Shaq for anything less than Wade and spare change (imagine that one. Kobe and Wade on the same team....woof). To which Shaq (to his credit now) said he wouldn't sign an extension without D.Wade. Jim Buss stepped in and over road Mitch's decision and agreed to the deal. Now, Mitch did have to put his signature down, but could you imagine what would happen if he didn't?

Mitch isn't the "logo", but he is a good GM and can grade talent based on need. Phil also has his insight (which is probably why they went for Vlad). I have a sneaky suspicion that this isn't the last deal to go down. There is another "rumor with legs" that state "Al Harrington and change for Mihm, McKie and Cook". If this deal goes down, L.A. would only have to sign a PG to make their chances better.

Kwame, Vlad, Odom, Bryant, Banks? - starting
Bynam, Smush, Turiaff, Evans, Farmer - backups

They should have more of a chance at a championship with that lineup.

Shaq may have gotten the first, but Bryant will have more when it's all said and done. Trust that!
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc

Kwame, Vlad, Odom, Bryant, Banks? - starting
Bynam, Smush, Turiaff, Evans, Farmer - backups

They should have more of a chance at a championship with that lineup.

Shaq may have gotten the first, but Bryant will have more when it's all said and done. Trust that!

I don't know how they will get marcus Banks of they already sign Radmanovic But i totally agree with the whole thing u wrote.

Shaq had to be traded. with the addition of radmanovic and harrington we can go as far as the western conference finals...here is what I am looking at

C- Kwame Brown
pf- Lamar Odom
sf- Al Harrington
sg- Kobe Bryant
pg- Farmar or Smush (smush will regain his confidence)

off the bench u got Walton, Vujacic, Bynum, Turiaf....enough said.

Maybe even Finals contenders
Old 07-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #9
Greg Anthony
I airball my layups

Greg Anthony has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerfan

Lamar
Kobe
Howard
Brown
Mihm
Prince 6th

You should change your name to Lakerhater you hate half of the roster.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
The Juice

The Juice has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakerfan?

seriously, you're lame.

Hindsight is 20/20, there's no way anyones gonna know that howard or any late rounders are gonna blow up. it's not like our draftees are busts... farmar, mo evans, and pinnock is a IMPRESSIVE draft.

I've never believed in our chances of landing harrington, but that would be sweet... does that mean benching radman though? cause the LA times said today that he signed with us cause of pt... which means he's gonna start with us... Harrington is going to the pacers.

Phil has 6 rings without a good pg and without a good center, so, we just need quality players, which evans and radman are...
The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

may I also mention that Rad-man is only 25 years old...and has already shown signs of a possibility of becoming the next dirk nowitzki...

with that being said we will win more games this year
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: