Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #91
abdubaba
Serious playground baller

Default Re: so if i want to kill somebody in florida...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
George Zimmerman wants you to believe that Trayvon Martin just randomly decided on trying to kill him that night for no reason whatsoever. Do you believe that or do you think that TM felt threatened by some creepy asshole following him around and then tried to defend himself?

How did Zim get to the gun and bring it to his heart and fire it? From what Zim said about how TM was on top of him, I don't know how Zim was able to pull that off.

Zimmerman should get Manslaughter for his culpable negligence, but will probably just get a slap on the wrist. Apparently, it's fine to profile someone, then chase after them when they run from you, and then kill them when the other person gets the upperhand trying to defend themselves from you.

your last paragrapgh is bang on!
abdubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #92
bmulls
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
George Zimmerman wants you to believe that Trayvon Martin just randomly decided on trying to kill him that night for no reason whatsoever. Do you believe that or do you think that TM felt threatened by some creepy asshole following him around and then tried to defend himself?

How did Zim get to the gun and bring it to his heart and fire it? From what Zim said about how TM was on top of him, I don't know how Zim was able to pull that off.

Zimmerman should get Manslaughter for his culpable negligence, but will probably just get a slap on the wrist. Apparently, it's fine to profile someone, then chase after them when they run from you, and then kill them when the other person gets the upperhand trying to defend themselves from you.

You are acting like throwing a punch at someone who's following you is a normal thing to do. It is not. Following somebody is not a crime. Assault and battery is a crime. Do you understand this?

Why couldn't Trayvon have just asked "Why are you following me?" Zimmerman could have replied "We've had some break ins here recently and you looked suspicious to me. I called the police." Trayvon then could have laughed at the misunderstanding and said "Dude, I live here. That's my dad's house right over there. I'm going home." Problem averted.

Instead he decides to sucker punch him.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #93
abdubaba
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You are acting like throwing a punch at someone who's following you is a normal thing to do. It is not. Following somebody is not a crime. Assault and battery is a crime. Do you understand this?

Why couldn't Trayvon have just asked "Why are you following me?" Zimmerman could have replied "We've had some break ins here recently and you looked suspicious to me. I called the police." Trayvon then could have laughed at the misunderstanding and said "Dude, I live here. That's my dad's house right over there. I'm going home." Problem averted.

you are assuming zimmermans translation of event is true... what we know for a fact from the 911 call is that trayvon started running and zimmerman got out of his car and went after him...

everything that happened after is waht zimmerman said... and going with what zimmerman is saying it should be man slaughter anyways
abdubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #94
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You are acting like throwing a punch at someone who's following you is a normal thing to do.

Zim was staring at him and then chased after him when TM ran away and this was at night. Also, there's Jeantel's testimony where she said she heard TM say, "Get off! Get off!" Not sure about her credibility, though. There's also that Zim said that he reached into his pockets when he approached TM. If you're being chased by some creepy guy in the dark and when he approaches you he reaches into his pockets, are you not going to be on extreme alert? I think Zim went to detain him, TM fought back, and was killed for it. Zim just doesn't have much credibility in my eyes. Too many lies and too much bullshit trying to cover his own ass. Zim wants us to believe that he acted out of fear for his own life, but we can't believe that TM acted out of fear for his life? He just attacked Zim for no reason whatsoever?

Talking about normal, is it normal to profile a kid who's merely walking home, assume he's guilty of breaking into houses, then take the law into your hands, and chase after him in the dark? Is it normal to be a gun-wielding, paranoid, wannabee cop moron that wants to play Batman at nighttime?

Quote:
Following somebody is not a crime. Assault and battery is a crime. Do you understand this?

Why do you think Zim has made up so much bullshit to cover his own ass? Had TM lived, he'd be the one talking about using self defense.

Quote:
Why couldn't Trayvon have just asked "Why are you following me?"

He did according to Jeantel's testimony. Why didn't Zim ever identify himself? "Hey bro, I'm Captain Dipshit of the Neighborhood Watch. I've called the police and they'll be here any time now." Why did Zim try to take the law into his own hands? Why did he get out of his car and go chase after TM? Neighborhood watch guidelines, neighborhood watch meetings, and common sense all tell you to not go chase after suspicious individuals.

Quote:

I guess the difference is that I feel Zim has very little credibility. What proof is there that TM sucker punched him for no reason? The thing is you can't even really use Zim's own words since he changed his story. First it was that TM jumped out of the bushes, then it was that he approached TM, but caught himself, and switched it to say that TM approached him and said something like, "Do you have a problem, homie?" to which Zim replied, "no, I don't have a problem" and then finally TM ended with, "well, you do now."
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #95
bagelred
Stare

Quote:

So I was on the subway the other day, and some random dude was staring at me. Huge guy too, mean looking f-cker. Just staring at me...holy shit i was scared......really threatening. Like he wanted to kick my ass......

I had no choice but to bash that motherf-cker repeatedly in the face because I was scared. I nailed that asshole too. Serves him right. Threaten my ass, you get beat the shit out of. That's what Trayvon would have wanted.

Turns out the guy on the subway was blind.....but still..........I was justified because I felt threatened.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #96
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
So I was on the subway the other day, and some random dude was staring at me. Huge guy too, mean looking f-cker. Just staring at me...holy shit i was scared......really threatening. Like he wanted to kick my ass......

I had no choice but to bash that motherf-cker repeatedly in the face because I was scared. I nailed that asshole too. Serves him right. Threaten my ass, you get beat the shit out of. That's what Trayvon would have wanted.

Turns out the guy on the subway was blind.....but still..........I was justified because I felt threatened.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #97
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

So, he lived just like Zimmerman would have had he not killed Martin? Alright, your retarded joke and trying to be cute aside, people are trying to basically use that as justification. There's a guy in Florida who shot at some kids, killing one, because they had their music too loud. He's trying to hide behind SYG laws saying he felt threatened by them.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #98
bagelred
Stare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello

There's always room for Jello.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: