Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Q for Laker Fans who live in LA

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Somebody has to say it... a Celtics fan going out of his way to go to a Lakers home game against another team is a disgrace. If you want a good show from the Lakers wait until they play the freaking Celtics and support your team.
    some people actually love the sport of basketball and dont let their favorite teams delegate their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    He is just mad because no one wants to see the Clippers play , lol. But but we have Chris Flop and Blake Grifflop. Somebody please care!!!
    The Clippers have some fun games. I've enjoyed everyone one I've gone to. Also, I thought the accepted nicknames were Chris Fall and Flake Griffin?

Going to a Lakers game, you will have more fun in the nosebleeds than closer to the action since most of the actual fans are up there while up close is just a bunch of business clients trying to impress who are on their cell phones half the game.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If he was going to a Sixers game... or a Thunder game etc I wouldn't say a word. It has everything to do with him going to a rivals game.
    Why do you care? Your opinion has no relevance here. Nor does it ever.

There's nothing wrong with checking out a rival teams games. You're butthurt because the Clippers stink so much, and they have never even had a rival because they are so insignificant.

You guys are really twisting this into something it's not. Dude isn't going there to boo the Lakers... he already said he's going to enjoy the Lakers show. I have a problem with a Celtics fan doing that. It has nothing at all to do with the Clippers or his comment about not wanting a Clippers game. The Clippers are coming off 60+ consecutive sell outs so I have no reason to convince a fan of another team to see them or be offended by that comment. I just know that the day the Clippers establish a bitter rivalry with a team I'd NEVER go to one of their games unless it was against my team so I could boo them.
    holy shit this is so stupid

i'm a huge dodgers fan and if i went to the bay area i'd shell out a pretty penny to catch a giants game. that doesn't make me a bad fan, it just means i love the sport

you take this rivalry shit wayyyy too seriously

You guys are really twisting this into something it's not. Dude isn't going there to boo the Lakers... he already said he's going to enjoy the Lakers show. I have a problem with a Celtics fan doing that. It has nothing at all to do with the Clippers or his comment about not wanting a Clippers game. The Clippers are coming off 60+ consecutive sell outs so I have no reason to convince a fan of another team to see them or be offended by that comment. I just know that the day the Clippers establish a bitter rivalry with a team I'd NEVER go to one of their games unless it was against my team so I could boo them.
    Actually if you read back i said "hell im probably going to be rooting for whatever team they are playing against that night but im still excited as **** to go see basketball in LA". Therefore i probably will be booing them but im still excited to go see them. All im doing is going to one game in LA with my friends who live there (and are Laker Fans incidentally) i dont see why you care so much of my leisure activity's but il be sure to run my LA scheduled past you before i come so that i can get the OK from you and wont be betraying the C's. And if it makes you feel any better ill go to the game on Fri 02 vs the Clippers, that way i wont be going to a Lakers home game (it will actually be the Clippers at home at the staples center) and i will also catch me some CP3 & Blake.

capisci?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

What happens to gold&purple #24's in the TD Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    What happens to gold&purple #24's in the TD Garden?
    MVP chants:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    , see that really is a disgrace. I guess alot of people from LA must have been on vaction to Boston that night

Somebody has to say it... a Celtics fan going out of his way to go to a Lakers home game against another team is a disgrace. If you want a good show from the Lakers wait until they play the freaking Celtics and support your team.
    Easily the most retarded thing anyone has posted all week.

Banned

I'm the first to call somebody out for bandwagoning. I hate it. But I don't think it's too crazy for a Boston fan to attend a Lakers home gam... actually... just as I'm typing this I realize you're right. I wouldn't go to a Celtics game unless they were playing LA, or maybe if it was a good finals match-up. But really, I'm not going to spend money to go to a game if the Lakers aren't playing. I'll watch it on TV.

The OP might be pulling a fairweather move here, but it's definitely not the worst bandwagoning I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    I'm the first to call somebody out for bandwagoning. I hate it. But I don't think it's too crazy for a Boston fan to attend a Lakers home gam... actually... just as I'm typing this I realize you're right.
    Nobody types like that, you delete what you say if halfway through you change your opinion so stop trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    The OP might be pulling a fairweather move here, but it's definitely not the worst bandwagoning I've seen.
    "A fan of a sports team who only shows support when the team is doing well. During hard times they usually bandwagon other teams. They basically have no real loyalty to the team"

I support my team regardless of where they place, i am not in any way supporting the Lakers. My team is not having a hard time - we are coming of a game 7 ECF series with the current champions (We also made it further than the team i am in your opinion supposedly "bandwagoning". Im not going around pretending not to be a fan of a team, my avatar is a Celtics one therefore i am showing all of you which team i support. If i was traveling to Dallas i would go and catch a Dallas game, if i was in OKC i would go and catch an OKC game, it just so happens i will be in LA therefore i can choose between seeing the Lakers or the Clippers. Now seeing as my friends are in LA and they support the Lakers, and seeing as the Lakers have Kobe, Nash, Dwight and Pau and they >>>> Blake & CP3 i think ive made a very logical decision to go and see a basketball game which i will enjoy very much without damaging my love for the Celtics one bit.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

My girl is a diehard Lakers fan and I told her this scenario as an example and she said hell no she'd never go to a Celtics game unless they were playing the Lakers. Even she sounda disgusted by your actions.

Banned

I never knew there was a rule that you couldn't watch your rivals play at their arena.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I never knew there was a rule that you couldn't watch your rivals play at their arena.
    Don't compare the biggest rivalry in sports history to anything else. If the guy got free tickets fine still lame but whatever. Shelling out hundreds though? Bitch made.