Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Raptors sign Fred Jones

http://www.insidehoops.com/jones-sig...s-072606.shtml
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Raptorballfan
Learning to shoot layups

Default Sign Fred, RELEASE ALVIN

The Raps also Released Alvin Williams. I'm curious to know what this means for our cap situation. Anybody know?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/pres...se_072606.html

Last edited by Raptorballfan : 07-26-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #3
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorballfan
The Raps also Released Alvin Williams. I'm curious to know what this means for our cap situation. Anybody know?

According to this article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ts/Basketball/) there is a buyout clause which would amount to about $7 mil in total. I believe this money would basically be split and allocated to the salary cap over 2 years but I am not an expert on cap issues and rules.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
bk33
duck my sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
According to this article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ts/Basketball/) there is a buyout clause which would amount to about $7 mil in total. I believe this money would basically be split and allocated to the salary cap over 2 years but I am not an expert on cap issues and rules.
you're right
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
Best~Kept~Secret
Saw a basketball once

Default sign fred jones

do u guys think that fred will blossom as a player because of the up tempo play that will be happpening in toronto and could maybe win most improved award lol prob not the award buh be better and put up 15 point a night maybe even more
Best~Kept~Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Bosh4life
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best~Kept~Secret
do u guys think that fred will blossom as a player because of the up tempo play that will be happpening in toronto and could maybe win most improved award lol prob not the award buh be better and put up 15 point a night maybe even more

Well yes i think he will do quite well in the system and i can't wait to see some alley oops thrown from TG while running down on the fast break. But to be hoenst i think he will not average 15 points a game, maybe 12? And he will not win the MIP in my opinion.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best~Kept~Secret

With Ford running the point Jones looks good. They will make great running mates.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
Tips4
Made that high school varsity squad

I think Tj Ford will win The Most Improved Player Award this upcoming season, just because i think he is going to turn the Toronto Raptors to a playoff team. People seem to forget that this guy is a BALLER !!! I mean Raptors were seriously considering drafting him over Wade and Bosh.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I was a skeptic at first, and rathered Salmons, but I love this signing now. After I saw the press conference with him and took the time to realize how he will fit into the Raptors system, I can't wait to see it.

The comments regarding TJ Ford being the most improved, I definetly think he has a chance provided he stays healthy. I think his assist and point numbers will increase and he'll lead this team in the right direction.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #10
Student
Serious playground baller

Too bad for Alvin but business is business, I wish we could take Zo's money and give it to Alvin :) Good sign in Jones. If he wears that #20 half as good as boogie did than we got a steal.
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
Rapsfan4life
I rule the local playground

Fred is a perfect fit for this team. He is a team player and a character guy. He can deliever on the court and will have a very good year.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student
Good sign in Jones. If he wears that #20 half as good as boogie did than we got a steal.

Hopefully the #20 jersey will hold some kind of mythical aurora of hustledom and effort...uh...hood, and Freddie will be just like A-Dub...with hops!

You've got a big jersey to fill Freddie, wear it well.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: