Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
twolvesfan
Banned

Default Re: Sick of the Knicks, sexual discrimination & fan harassment -- fire Dolan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
New York have the most money to spend of any NBA franchise, and the best basketball mind they can land is Isiah Thomas?

WTF?

They need to decide what they want to do with the team, either try and contend (haha) or rebuild. Then you go out and hire someone (with a brain) that fits that philosophy.
there stopped being a salary cap??
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Default Re: Sick of the Knicks, sexual discrimination & fan harassment -- fire Dolan!

Dolan is the owner, how do you fire the owner?
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #18
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

I pay $50 a month for Cablevision to watch the Nets on the YES network...

and I end up funding the Knicks disaster
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #19
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532

isnt he like chairman of the board? so he could technically be voted out of his position?

i always thought he was more a corporate type owner, not the sole owner like most teams.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #20
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:

Well, his father Chuck (who Jimmy has a bad relationship with anyway) could replace him with either someone within the family or someone else who runs Cablevision's other divisions to act as chairman/CEO/defacto owner of Madison Square Garden and its properties (Knicks, Rangers, Liberty, MSG Network, FSN New York, etc.). Jim Dolan is probably the biggest example of why you never hire your kids to run all or one of your businesses.

Here's a Wiki article on the chairman of MSG and Cablevision:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dolan

Last edited by ShawnieMac06 : 12-11-2007 at 06:59 PM.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #21
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Dolan does not care about the fans or the press. MSG only comprises 2% of cableVision's business.

The Knicks are a toy to Baby James and he would rather ruin it than give control to any one else -- even if they could make it successful.

Instead of biting the bullet four years ago and rebuilding - Thomas brought in flawed and unwanted players from other losing teams. Although he made some good draft picks, most of his veteran players are not winners and do not have the drive or will to succeed. Unlike franchise players around the league, who somehow find a way to win, the Knicks are soft and do not mind losing.

So Thomas rewards them with love, kisses and kindness. He should keep them after each blowout to watch a tape of their bad loss after each game and scheduling extra practises on weekends and in between games. I would have them run the stands after each game that they showed little or no effort and lost by 20 or more points.

Clyde said that Red Holtzman told his players repeatedly, if you make things miserable for me, I'll make it miserable for you. When they lost on the road Red checked them into fleabags instead of luxury hotels and had them ride a bus or train instead of flying. on the other hand, when they won, they got first-class treatment and accommodations.

Players love Isiah and often play lazy, effortless ball. Players played hard for Holtzman, respected him and won for him.

What can you do?

1. Stay away from Knick games. Watch on TV but do not buy anything from the sponsors.

2. Switch from CableBlindness to Verizon or any other co and let them Know that it is as a result of their total disregard for their fans and customers. I will no longer pay for their overpriced service to subsidise their idiotic spending of millions on flawed players, coaches and former employees that they have to buy off in order to have them not work for them.

3. Dollan will not fire Isiah easily or soon. So if you have to go to a Knick game, chant something that will embarrass Dolan such as "CableVision sucks and Baby james Dolan is Isaiah's love slave." If you ask me, its OK for JD to support Isiah, but let him keep him somewhere privately! Not in MSG.

Dollan is already paying over 41 million dollars to coaches and ex Knick players not to work or play for him. And that does not include 30 Million to Jerome James who is "injured," not that he plays any better or more when he is healthy.

And Isiah Thomas now has the audacity to blame fans for the Knick losses. Is he is getting 24 million dollars to lose and insult fans? With an idiot for his employer, he has no fear of being fired and thinks that the fans have to pay to see a bad Knick team no matter what he says or does.

As a long-time Knick fan, I am finally coming to the conclusion that as long as James Dolan is in charge of the Knicks they will be mediocre at best.

Last edited by oldknickfan : 12-12-2007 at 06:00 AM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #22
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
I pay $50 a month for Cablevision to watch the Nets on the YES network...

and I end up funding the Knicks disaster

My Cablevision TV alone just went up to $89 and they are raising rates again next month. I can get Verizon's Fios top-of the line 200-channel digital TV plus 45 premium movie channels, Internet & phone for only $115 per month for two years. I am switching ASAP to Verizon! Plus they will give me a free LCD TV and DVR for signing up.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #23
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:

You can't. But you hope you can light a fire under him or that Stern gets so fed up with Dolan's and Thomas' antics that he steps in to halt the insanity.

Now Thomas claims that its the fans fault that the Knicks are not motivated. Isn't that the coaches job?

What is he getting paid $24 Million for?

It is not for losing 16 out of 20 games, yelling at paying fans or sexually harassing employees.

Good thing his boss is in love with him!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #24
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

Hey, I'm with you knickfan, FIRE DOLAN!
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: