Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would you guys handle these situations?

Situation A
    An old friend of yours just won the Mega Millions jackpot. He got paid more than $100 million after taxes. You haven't spoken to this man in years, possibly even a decade. Would you contact him for money? If some former friend of yours did the same to you, would you give them any money?

Situation B
    You're at a party and you've hit it off pretty well with a random chick. She's drunk out of her mind and you're not. After a few hours of flirting and dancing provocatively together, you end up in a private room. She passes the f*ck out and won't wake up, but right before she did, she got naked for you two to f*ck.
    Do you proceed to bang her anyway, even though she's passed out?

Situation C
    Money's tight. You've missed paying your major bills two months in a row now. Odds are you're about to miss a 3rd month, too. A co-worker of yours says he'll pay you enough money for you to survive for one more month if you turn a blind eye to him stealing a bunch of shit at your job. He guarantees he won't get caught, but if he does, you know damn well there's no way for you to not get blamed, too.
    Do you take the cash to survive one more month or do you reject his offer?

Default Re: How would you guys handle these situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Situation A
    An old friend of yours just won the Mega Millions jackpot. He got paid more than $100 million after taxes. You haven't spoken to this man in years, possibly even a decade. Would you contact him for money? If some former friend of yours did the same to you, would you give them any money?

Situation B
    You're at a party and you've hit it off pretty well with a random chick. She's drunk out of her mind and you're not. After a few hours of flirting and dancing provocatively together, you end up in a private room. She passes the f*ck out and won't wake up, but right before she did, she got naked for you two to f*ck.
    Do you proceed to bang her anyway, even though she's passed out?

Situation C
    Money's tight. You've missed paying your major bills two months in a row now. Odds are you're about to miss a 3rd month, too. A co-worker of yours says he'll pay you enough money for you to survive for one more month if you turn a blind eye to him stealing a bunch of shit at your job. He guarantees he won't get caught, but if he does, you know damn well there's no way for you to not get blamed, too.
    Do you take the cash to survive one more month or do you reject his offer?
    A. Do not contact. I'm not a beggar.
    B. Do not smash. I've been in that situation before and just left the room and went to find another girl to smash. It doesn't feel right to me, not to mention I wouldn't find any fun in ****ing a corpse.
    C. Reject the offer. It's not worth the risk for that petty reward. It'd have to be either an unrejectably high reward, or me doing the stealing.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

A. No
    B. No
    C. No

A. Yeah, I'd contact him. Probably wouldn't give money if I were in his position tho
    B. Yeah I'd rape.
    C. Reject. I can get the money in other ways.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    A. Yeah, I'd contact him. Probably wouldn't give money if I were in his position tho
    B. Yeah I'd rape.
    so u rapey when u sober as well huh?

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    so u rapey when u sober as well huh?
    Yeah

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

This is crazy because my brother actually went through all three of this scenarios. In all three cases my brother immediately turned down the offer. I'm glad because I think it's not worth selling yourself for any amount of money or vag. Desperate times don't always call for desperate measures. I'm not looking for advice. I just wanted to share this because I think it's good for people to know this isn't some movie storyline b.s. This happened to my bro, and I'm just proud that he knew better than to give himself up for money. He might be in a tight situation financially and sexually, but at least he still has his dignity.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

A) I would contact him to congradulate him if we were close enough, but certainly wouldn't ask for anything. Like if it were my friend from HS, a guy I was best friends with, but we moved apart after that, and I literally haven't spoken to him in a decade (actually it was 04 when the Sox were coming back against the Yanks, he bought a girl up to introduce to his family that was still up here, and asked me to be in his wedding, but they split up and I haven't heard from him since), and I could get him on FB or something (I'm FB friends with his brother, but he's not on), then I'd certainly say congrats, but that's about it.
    If the shoe were on the other foot, and he asked, I'd maybe give him something. But I know a lot of people. I have 47 first cousins, not all of whom I'm especially close to, but some, which would be tough to figure out. And 6 really close friends that I'd be giving money too. Plus my parents and niece, which I'd have to figure out a way to keep my disgusting brother away from her money.

B) I've been in situations similar to that before, and absolutely not. On top of all the other moral issues, it's not even going to be any fun. If you dig her for real even just for fun, find a friend of hers, get her taken care of, and get her number off the friend, and you've probably got yourself a couple easy dates out of it just for not being a rapist (which is a sad state of affairs in it's own way).

C) This one I'm a little torn on, because I'm not a huge fan of most company type situations anyway. If I'm being asked to simply turn a blind eye, but I can't get in any legal trouble, although I may get fired for being incompetent, then maybe. Because if I'm in that much trouble financially, how good a job is this to begin with. Unless it's directly affecting me, I probably wouldn't rat the guy out anyway unless I started getting directly questioned by management, in which case I wouldn't lie, but wouldn't say I knew anything specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    This is crazy because my brother actually went through all three of this scenarios. In all three cases my brother immediately turned down the offer. I'm glad because I think it's not worth selling yourself for any amount of money or vag. Desperate times don't always call for desperate measures. I'm not looking for advice. I just wanted to share this because I think it's good for people to know this isn't some movie storyline b.s. This happened to my bro, and I'm just proud that he knew better than to give himself up for money. He might be in a tight situation financially and sexually, but at least he still has his dignity.

I can't believe you spent the time to find that post.. Unless you saved it, which would be equally as creepy. I don't expect anything less, though, from old Knicky boy. You've got 12k posts in one thread. Plenty of time to kill, huh? I can't believe you even left the BTE.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

TBH, If I was cool with person C I'd have no problem with it and I probably will share lulz with him. Unless if the place is some type of mom + pop type of place which I'll probably feel like a dick then.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    B. Yeah I'd rape.
    Then why you 2 month behind on bills?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Then why you 2 month behind on bills?
    Because I'd rather not get caught serving. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

No
    Yes
    Yes

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar

I can't believe you spent the time to find that post.. Unless you saved it, which would be equally as creepy. I don't expect anything less, though, from old Knicky boy. You've got 12k posts in one thread. Plenty of time to kill, huh? I can't believe you even left the BTE.
    How much time do you really think that takes? I Googled insidehoops, scholar, brother and gay and it came right up.

And it's 13K btw.

A - I wouldn't contact them, and if I won the money and someone asked for money I wouldn't give them any

B - I wouldn't hit it

C - Depends what my job is. If I work at a bank or something, no. If I work in a store then I would