Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Watch Dogs out on May 27

Love Live Life

I'll give the game an 8/10, it has its flaws but it's still a decent game. My main gripe is the police and the car sounds.

I don't understand how people are bashing this game and then in the same breathe give Titanfall a 9/10 or 10/10. I know they 2 totally different games but for all the hype I feel like both games fell short and are lacking a lot of content.

I see some bad reviews here.

I recently ordered an Nvidia 770GTX and the game will come with it as bonus.

So , I was kind of excited to receive this game for free as there had been a lot of hype around it.

Given the stuff I have read about the graphics, it does not even have the potential to at least max out my new graphics card.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Gonna save up for The Division instead

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Gotta another couple hours in last night. Still pretty hesitant about pushing the story, so I'm trying to do as much of the side stuff as I can. So I went through all the fixer contract stuff on the original part of the city. The first mission escaping the cops with a getaway car was a huge pain in the ass. I'd give them the slip, then I'd get hit with these yellow circles on the map that I suppose were some kind of tracking mechanism, and when I couldn't get out of them quickly, I had more cops and helicopters on me. I finally beat it mostly because I got lucky and the drop point was super close after I lost that initial wave of cops.

It was frustrating enough I didn't want to do anymore, but then I went after the others, and beat all of them on the first try, which is just weird.

I tried one of the AR phone game things, which seem like a shitty blown out version of the stuff you did with the legalize pot guy in GTA. I was driving around runing over demon cops. It was pretty stupid, and apparently I lost, even though I'm not sure what the objective was.

Finally I decided to push the story and move to the next part of the map. That's when I shut it down last night.

So far my favorite things have been the intrusion mini games and the finding the CtOS weak point things, along with hacking the CtOS towers. Basically the small platforming-ish (which is really camera bouncing in this) mini games. I'm already tired of breaking up the criminal activity.

The Map is great. The city is great. As said above, some great work with the NPCs. There's a ton to like. It's just unfortunate they seemed to screw up laying the game on top of what was really a well done framework and mechanism with the hacking. The mini game side stuff has all felt disconnected, or just bad. And the collectibles just aren't worth the trouble. And I'm not far enough into the story yet, but if that's not great either, then we just really got a good sandbox with lousey toys.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

I sold for $45, **** this game.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    that bad?
    Nah its not that bad. The more I play the more I like it. Online team is pretty fun when it works.

Wannabe GTA 5. No thanks will save my money.

Story picks up about halfway into Act 2. Missions became a lot more fun as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
    This isn't looking to good Rose...

Really thought this was going to be really good for next Gen gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idA9BEA4Hxs
    This isn't looking to good Rose...
    Ouch...

Rockstar is the king of the open world genre. Nobody else comes close.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wannabe GTA 5. No thanks will save my money.
    more like wannabe gta 4. and gta 4 still better in every way and it came out 6 years ago.

very sad stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    more like wannabe gta 4. and gta 4 still better in every way and it came out 6 years ago.

very sad stuff
    This.

I haven't touched this game since I made that post a few days ago about how much I dislike it. I am even contemplating selling this game at GameStop for $30. Sure, I'll lose $30+ I invested into it, but it's better than letting this shit collect dust forever now on my gaming shelf.
    This shit doesn't deserve sitting on my gaming shelf, anyway. At least not next to the likes of GTA V, GTA IV, NBA 2K13, Batman: Arkham City, etc.

Even with all that said, I can't help but feel I should at least finish the story first. I want to get something out of this game instead of nothing, you know?