Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 04-20-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation
Default Game Notes - Playoffs

This thread is for everything to do with the Warriors and their playoff run.

Put it to good use!

The Warriors could very well beat the Mavs or at least take them to 6 or 7. They will need to force the tempo all series and control the pace of the game for the majority of the 48 minutes. If they can make the Mavs run like they did during the regular season the Warriors will take the series but if Dallas can slow things down into a half-court set Golden State will be in tough.

During the regular season games the Warriors really forced the tempo and forced a lot of turnovers. They overwhelmed the Mavs with speed and energy and that is what they will need to do all series. Also, the best answer for Dirk is to put a smaller player on him and the Warriors will have no problem doing that. If they can frustrate him like they did early Dallas will be in major trouble.

Let's go Warriors!
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: Game Notes - Playoffs

Playoff experience is something that is going to be an advantage to the Mavs. But the Warriors have been so amazing during the regular season against Dallas.

Its hard to say who could win, but i think it maybe Dallas. Just based on experience.

Dallas in 6 or 7.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
lorenzo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lorenzo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
This thread is for everything to do with the Warriors and their playoff run.

Put it to good use!

The Warriors could very well beat the Mavs or at least take them to 6 or 7. They will need to force the tempo all series and control the pace of the game for the majority of the 48 minutes. If they can make the Mavs run like they did during the regular season the Warriors will take the series but if Dallas can slow things down into a half-court set Golden State will be in tough.

During the regular season games the Warriors really forced the tempo and forced a lot of turnovers. They overwhelmed the Mavs with speed and energy and that is what they will need to do all series. Also, the best answer for Dirk is to put a smaller player on him and the Warriors will have no problem doing that. If they can frustrate him like they did early Dallas will be in major trouble.

Let's go Warriors!
I don't think the mavs will worry too much about those regular season games. We'll see what they have to worry about after game 1. The warriors are a streaky team. Hopefully they can have some negative streaks in this series.
lorenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo
I don't think the mavs will worry too much about those regular season games. We'll see what they have to worry about after game 1. The warriors are a streaky team. Hopefully they can have some negative streaks in this series.

Tonight was the answer, the Warriors can hang with the Mavs. They played exactly how they needed to. They frustrated Dirk with doubles and the uptempo style and totally took him out of the game. They forced a lot of turnovers and everyone stepped up big.

What a game!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
JMEWLS

Baron was just a beast!

Lets hope you dont do the same thing as houston a few seasons back.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

man first we make the playoffs for th first time i9n 14 years now theres talk about an upset

this is great
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #7
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Warriors win game three! Jason Richardson just exploded and carried the team with 30 points while Baron Davis added 24 and 5 assists. The Warriors held Dirk to just 4 points in the second half and out-rebounded them 46 to 44! Let's hope Golden State can keep control and take another game at home.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Wooo! Warriors win game 4! They are now up 3 games to 1.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

What an amazing effort!

Whilst game 5 is obviously important i think the Warriors best chance of again winning in Dallas is to come out and play caution free (which I'm sure they will) they can afford to take risks whilst the Mavs will tighten the longer the game stays close.

If they lose they must win in Game 6 though.

Warriors v Suns in the finals would be great.

If Warriors can take out the Mavs suns get homecourt the rest of the way
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 AM   #10
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

OMG!!!!! I will be honest here, I never had you guys picked to beat Dallas. Heck, I figured that Dallas was going to wax the floor with you guys...4-0, maybe 4-1. Turns out, you guys are waxing the Mavs!! Keep up the good work, Timberwolves/Sonics fan here.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

The Warriors have to win tonight at home. They need to use the crowd and really take it to the Mavs early. I don't want this series going back to Dallas.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 AM   #12
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Second round here we come!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #13
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

CONGRATS Warriors and Warrior fans!!! You guys played a GREAT series, I only wish that ALL my Lakers played with the same fire and intensity.

Golden State truly played like WARRIORS!!!

Congrats once again.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: