Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Pot Kills! And the Movement to Illegalize It

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Alcohol should be illegal as well. But now if we do make it illegal how many industries would this affect around the globe and especially in America economically? Cigarettes should be made illegal as well. But how many industries would this affect around the globe and America economically if it were to be made illegal?

There is no real giant industry made for selling Dope legally yet. And hopefully never.
    we should remember when we made alcohol illegal they made more crimes. quit acting all high and mighty on weed when alcohol is worse than that.

Alcohol should be illegal as well. But now if we do make it illegal how many industries would this affect around the globe and especially in America economically? Cigarettes should be made illegal as well. But how many industries would this affect around the globe and America economically if it were to be made illegal?

There is no real giant industry made for selling Dope legally yet. And hopefully never.

Watched a little too much Refer Madness did ya?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

so i wonder how many people have killed themselves while drunk so far in '14

Banned

Jesus Christ.

Our drug policy seems to do pretty well...

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    we should remember when we made alcohol illegal they made more crimes. quit acting all high and mighty on weed when alcohol is worse than that.
    I never said alcohol was safer. But there is a multi-billion dollar industry for alcohol globally and making it illegal here in the States would destroy jobs and industries. So it is too late for alcohol. They should have never have lifted Prohibition.
    And to make my point very clear to everyone here there is NO industry for pot. Nor should there be.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Watched a little too much Refer Madness did ya?
    No. I just think that looking to escape reality by smoking a joint is detrimental to not only society but yourself as well. Same as people who need a drink or a cigarette because they're "stressed out from life".

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Jesus Christ.
    I'm sure Jesus would agree with me on this one.
    Last edited by MightyWhitey; 04-04-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Marijuana is a multibillion dollar industry you dolt. Now imagine if the industry was legalized and taxed instead of the money being pocketed by dealers.

Portugal, Uruguay, and CO/WA demonstrate that decriminalized/legalized marijuana result in a drop in crime and a huge boost in tax revenue for the state. Neither marijuana nor alcohol should be illegal, only regulated.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 04-04-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Stop injecting marijuanas

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Marijuana is a multibillion dollar industry
    Where is it legally a multi-billion dollar industry? Who are these industry leaders? Maybe you want a society of dullards and dopers but giving people leeway to "escape reality" in another legal forum will not improve the American way of life.

Where is it legally a multi-billion dollar industry? Who are these industry leaders? Maybe you want a society of dullards and dopers but giving people leeway to "escape reality" in another legal forum will not improve the American way of life.
    It may well be a multi-billion dollar legal industry in Colorado/Washington within 5 years. It's already a multi-billion dollar semi-legal industry in California.

So you'd rather have the money stay underground? Don't you realize how foolish this is?

Your "society of dullards and dopers" argument is a logical fallacy, nothing more. There are functional alcoholics who consume it every single day while working a stable job. Many, many more people only occasionally partake, and responsibly so. In the real world, marijuana has shown to be no different. Making something illegal does not prevent that activity, it only creates more criminals.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 04-04-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    So you'd rather have the money stay underground? Don't you realize how foolish this is?

Making something illegal does not prevent that activity, it only creates more criminals.
    This is the difference between people like you and people like me. It has nothing to do with money. I don't care about the money. I care about the health and well being of society and the children that would be exposed to dope and its effects on their lives.

As for legalizing pot for the sake of eliminating crime,,, show me some valid data for this. Because if pot is made legal drug dealers will find something else to push instead. They won't just say "Damn we gotta get real jobs homeboy".

it could become legal tomorrow and i still will buy it underground, i'll be dammed if im paying 10%+ tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    it could become legal tomorrow and i still will buy it underground, i'll be dammed if im paying 10%+ tax.
    Thank you for proving another point of mine You dope addicts do the mule work for me

This is the difference between people like you and people like me. It has nothing to do with money. I don't care about the money. I care about the health and well being of society and the children that would be exposed to dope and its effects on their lives.

As for legalizing pot for the sake of eliminating crime,,, show me some valid data for this. Because if pot is made legal drug dealers will find something else to push instead. They won't just say "Damn we gotta get real jobs homeboy".
    so you're all in favor of the war on drugs? tell me again how well it's worked? as long as there are humans on this planet there will be drugs. even animals love to get ****ed up we better start locking them up. http://www.cracked.com/article_17032...han-we-do.html