Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant Stats when they were teammates in Los Angeles

Shaq is always been a better player than Kobe.

Default Re: Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant Stats when they were teammates in Los Angeles

Only Kobe fans would argue Kobe was better than Shaq when they played together. He definitely made it debatable from 2001-04, but I bet the majority of people would still take Shaq over Kobe during that time period.

Default Re: Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant Stats when they were teammates in Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Only Kobe fans would argue Kobe was better than Shaq when they played together. He definitely made it debatable from 2001-04, but I bet the majority of people would still take Shaq over Kobe during that time period.
    Check the W/L record when Shaq didn't play, when Kobe didn't play, and when both played. The importance to the Lakers becomes obvious.

Then realize Kobe never went all the way without the best frontcourt in the entire league for all 5 of his titles in eras of which bigs still reigned supreme at the end of the day, and lol. Literally all 5 rings. Best frontcourt in the league for each of the 5 years.

Anyone who watched both players that thinks that Kobe had a better peak or Kobe had a better prime than Shaq... well... I'm not sure what to say to them, to be honest.

I think at the end of the day it boils down to a certain type of fan will always become completely enamored with perimeter players that their primary focus is scoring and doing so in a plethora of ways. In other words... Shaq bullying people and dunking over and over doesn't mean anything to them but taking a contested mid range fadeaway jumper after doing a spin move means the world for some reason.

Meanwhile the only things that actually matter are 1) how efficient were you in scoring 2) what kind of impact does your particular type of scoring have on teammates ability to do their jobs well... both of which Shaq beat Kobe at in spades. Not even remotely close.
    Last edited by Shogon; 07-04-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Check the W/L record when Shaq didn't play, when Kobe didn't play, and when both played. The importance to the Lakers becomes obvious.

Then realize Kobe never went all the way without the best frontcourt in the entire league for all 5 of his titles in eras of which bigs still reigned supreme at the end of the day, and lol. Literally all 5 rings. Best frontcourt in the league for each of the 5 years.

Anyone who watched both players that thinks that Kobe had a better peak or Kobe had a better prime than Shaq... well... I'm not sure what to say to them, to be honest.

I think at the end of the day it boils down to a certain type of fan will always become completely enamored with perimeter players that their primary focus is scoring and doing so in a plethora of ways. In other words... Shaq bullying people and dunking over and over doesn't mean anything to them but taking a contested mid range fadeaway jumper after doing a spin move means the world for some reason.

Meanwhile the only things that actually matter are 1) how efficient were you in scoring 2) what kind of impact does your particular type of scoring have on teammates ability to do their jobs well... both of which Shaq beat Kobe at in spades. Not even remotely close.
    Shaq had, at minimum, a top 5 peak of all time, and I bet people would argue it was higher than that, even GOAT. Kobe at his peak was honestly no better than Wade, Durant or Kawhi, and most would argue Curry peaked higher than him too.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Face it Kobe fans. He was Robin to Shaq's Batman.

That FG% from Kobe is legitimately horrific for an all time great.

Mamba wouldn't have won five rings without the Diesel.

Wtf! Lestains, I swear.

Do you honestly believe your bum would've won anything until he had to bail and form a super team? Actin like he's won 10 rings. And don't give me the stat bullshit, even with all that statpadding the bitch didn't even make the playoffs. The most overated player of any sport.

It should be common knowledge that Shaq was the most important player on those championship teams. I've started topics stating this for year, in fact you could have replaced Kobe with Ray Allen, Mcgrady, Carter, maybe even Pierce and the Lakers still win those championships.

Quote Originally Posted by shrempf_on_rice View Post
    Wtf! Lestains, I swear.

Do you honestly believe your bum would've won anything until he had to bail and form a super team? Actin like he's won 10 rings. And don't give me the stat bullshit, even with all that statpadding the bitch didn't even make the playoffs. The most overated player of any sport.

This is a Kobe and Shaq thread you brain dead moron. Stop posting, go back to dormancy... your brain is trash and you offer nothing positive to this board.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    This is a Kobe and Shaq thread you brain dead moron. Stop posting, go back to dormancy... your brain is trash and you offer nothing positive to this board.
    the sad part is this account is from 2007.. so this guy is f*cking grown man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post

Shaq is always been a better player than Kobe.
    You stupid filipino i swear.....my god I would smack the shit out of you

Comparing FG% when Kobe shot long 2s and 3s and ignoring the TS% numbers and only using 4 series when the real Finals were almost always out West is peak ISH. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Comparing FG% when Kobe shot long 2s and 3s and ignoring the TS% numbers and only using 4 series when the real Finals were almost always out West is peak ISH. Never change.
    True, you would never cherry pick like that.

its not even a debate

shaq was unguardable. the definition of dominant. the most unguardable force in the league.

kobe was a top-3 perimeter player in the world.

pretty clear gap.