Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Microsoft to unveil new Xbox on May 21

Also buyers advice: Like phones/tablets/laptops don't buy the first one off the line. They've got to get the mass production flaws out of it. If there's a red rings of death/yellow light issue...you don't want to be screwed out of 6-8 weeks with your new toy.

Especially when your current console is gonna be supported anyways for awhile.

Learning to shoot layups

Awful. Just awful. Kinect 2.0 required on every Xbox One devices.

Quote Originally Posted by seanclayton
    I have no beef with this if I can just ignore it and place it behind my console and move on with my life. However given what they showed today it looks A LOT better than the original. So I'm definitely willing to give it a try.

Is the PS eye or whatever it's called required? I can't find any place that says so definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    So M$ stock dropped, and Sony's went up. Not surprised.

-The used game fee bullshit is horrible.
    -The 500gb of space but you HAVE TO install the game? Wtf. A blu ray disc is up to 50gb. That's 10 installs, realistically though that's only 50 game at a max.. So if you're an earlier adopter...you're screwed.
    -So why not uninstall? Given how M$ is doing this generation it seems they might not even save your info in the cloud that you actually bought the game.

they're allowing UNCAPPED external storage though. No more limits on the usb devices so you can plug your 4TB external HDDs if you want

just surprised none of these two next gen consoles went SSD

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkrage
    they're allowing UNCAPPED external storage though. No more limits on the usb devices so you can plug your 4TB external HDDs if you want

just surprised none of these two next gen consoles went SSD
    Really? I hadn't seen that. I'm surprised considering they LOVE to charge a shitload for that special M$ labeled shit.

SSD is way way too expensive for any meaningful storage. I mean 128 is still kinda expensive for a pc. I think if they had waited 2 years or so they might have. But 500gbs is relatively a better deal than 64 or 128 SSD. Plus I don't think a SSD would help either console that much. Maybe xbox since it's a windows 8 kernel but I doubt it. So I don't think the trade off is worth it.

Xbox one will charge for used games. The PS4 is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by seanclayton
    What the problem if the Kinect comes WITH the console?

NBA Superstar

So would the presumed used game fee mean I'd no longer be able to borrow a game from my brothers without paying for it?

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

My problem with this is said here

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...e-us-at-launch

I live in europe and this is the problem I have. Even with xbox 360 right now we have 5-8 apps available to use. So how long I have to wait for this feature be available for my TV channels... somehow I think it will not be in 2014. So I'm buying this and can't use half of the features.

+ Can't believe how crappy NBA live and Madden looked same EA as usual

XBOX One Reveal Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Buttom line is I'll have to wait and see how this turns out and not get this or PS4 before summer of 2014

And for to PS homers posting on this thread, haven't seen anything, hardware or details, but a new controller for PS4 so I'm not getting that much excited about that. Let's see what PS4 gives us..

And can't undestand these exclusive games, f*ck that, make games for both consoles
    Last edited by Finn T-Mac; 05-22-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
    Buttom line is I'll have to wait and see how this turns out and not get this or PS4 before summer of 2014

And for to PS homers posting on this thread, haven't seen anything, hardware or details, but a new controller for PS4 so I'm not getting that much excited about that. Let's see what PS4 gives us..

And can't undestand these exclusive games, f*ck that, make games for both consoles
    Actually, Sony announced the specs of their system during their event. Pretty safe to assume the Xone doesn't have better specs, considering how quiet and vague MS kept about it.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    What the problem if the Kinect comes WITH the console?
    Jacks up the price and needs to be turned on for every game. A device that most gamers don't even need, especially for them Live trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac

You do realize why Sony has had more exclusives than Microsoft? The PS3 has the Blu-ray discs. Game storage was really easy for the PlayStation. Look at FFXIII and what Kojima had to say about Metal Gear Solid 4 having 7 discs on the 360.

Also, since the PlayStation 1. Sony has AAA+ developers and still do. That's why there's an immense library. Unfortunately, Insomniac Games have lost it completely with their ambition of money.

As for the PS4, I'll put it to you this way. The PS4 is already built to give you the quality of features right from the start while on the XboxOne will take years to build that efficiency. It'll get there but the PS4 will have the head start.

As for the fee of used games, its actually a good thing from what I read. You'll be allowed to keep an installation within the hard drive. Meaning, it should work as an emulator thanks to the Cloud services. While Sony's Cloud Services (Galkai) you'll be able to open up a library filled of games and you won't have to download anything. You select and just play, obviously there's an online subscription for that but the positive part about it. It already comes with PlayStation Plus. So if you're used to paying for Live then you shouldn't mind paying that extra service from Sony. And yes, to play online games is still free for the PlayStation.

The actual reason Sony has more exclusives is they own more studios. That's it.

They have I think 19?

And to the best of my knowledge M$ has...like maybe 4 that are relevant? And Epic, besides gears, designs for other platforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios There's a list and it's pathetic.

Also do you have a link that confirms free online play for PS4?