Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 AM   #76
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
people are different-- some are early risers and go to sleep early

and some do their best work after midnight

for me, i like the old saying, early to bed early to rise makes the man healthy wealthy and wise

but lately, i think that one should wake up at 4:00---- twice a day

That saying is what I live by.

I don't get your last line?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #77
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: making highschoolers wake up at 6am is the stupidest idea ever conceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
floss brush shower sh*t piss wash face crust off eyes pick nose trim nose hairs??? nothing??

For real, dude probably had no friends to hang out with.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:22 AM   #78
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i wonder when his anti Greek life tirade will come

or how curving a class to a median grade is stupid and fosters laziness

or how it is stupid that no one makes any friends in class, only in social functions

or how easy/hard it is to get ass on his campus.
those are actually all really terrific ideas. although the first is almost redundant. I think everybody, even the frat members themselves, know that frats are just where limpdick simpletons buy their friends.

as for the third point, you mean that applies in every school? I thought it was just here. I swear, **** is silent. silent! when the teacher isn't talking and before and after class. it's depressing and almost scary.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:36 AM   #79
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
those are actually all really terrific ideas. although the first is almost redundant. I think everybody, even the frat members themselves, know that frats are just where limpdick simpletons buy their friends.

as for the third point, you mean that applies in every school? I thought it was just here. I swear, **** is silent. silent! when the teacher isn't talking and before and after class. it's depressing and almost scary.

You DARED us to disagree. I disagreed. Where's my reply???

I feel the need to prove you wrong.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #80
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Would love to hear your take on fraternities/sororities.........

Personally, I think that most of them are, like you said, limp dick simpletons. Joining a fraternity/sorority strips you of your individuality, and you are pretty much just another key in the cog, another "drone." (i.e. popped collar, seashell necklace, ripped $150 AF jeans wearin' preppie). Many (not ALL) members are extremely disrespectful, shallow people. Take away their alcohol (and daddy's credit card), and they have no idea how to have fun/where to turn to next.

Of course, before anyone jumps on my case, not all of these organizations are like what I just mentioned. Some actually SERVE the community. Most are just brand name, friend purchasing entities, though........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #81
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't get your last line
?

one should wake up at 4:00--- twice a day =

wake up at 4:00am

(take a nap) and wake up at 4:00pm
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #82
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
Quote:

I don't get your last line
?

one should wake up at 4:00--- twice a day =

wake up at 4:00am

(take a nap) and wake up at 4:00pm

BINGO! You touched on a very key point with what I highlighted. I think a good hour nap daily is something that we really need. However, with the 9-5 work schedule that most people have, naptime kinda goes the way of the dinosaur after college. Most people are pretty alert up until noon or so, then after lunch, they start to get drowsy. I guarantee that the 1-3 hours are by FAR the least productive hours of the day for ANYONE. After a big lunch, it's human nature to lie down for a little bit, and we are fighting that by carrying forth with our famous "american work ethic"
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #83
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
BINGO! You touched on a very key point with what I highlighted. I think a good hour nap daily is something that we really need. However, with the 9-5 work schedule that most people have, naptime kinda goes the way of the dinosaur after college. Most people are pretty alert up until noon or so, then after lunch, they start to get drowsy. I guarantee that the 1-3 hours are by FAR the least productive hours of the day for ANYONE. After a big lunch, it's human nature to lie down for a little bit, and we are fighting that by carrying forth with our famous "american work ethic"

we need to adopt a siesta period like spain.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #84
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

By not replying, do you admit that your thread was wrong?
Old 09-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #85
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
we need to adopt a siesta period like spain.
i have heard that actually spain is moving more toward working during those traditional siesta hours

they want to be more "productive"

but many are trying to keep their cultural practice

imo, the more we can be attune and listen to our bodies, the better we we are. if one is tired, then rest

but we are more attune the the schedule/clock than our bodies
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: