Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
ThemBombs
Good High School Starter

ThemBombs has not been impressing people
Default can we PLEASE move deng? please?

i'm sick of watching this guy brick f*cking free throws.. he just blew so much

i don't want to see him in a bulls uniform next season
ThemBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: can we PLEASE move deng? please?

I'm with you. I'd be happy if we traded him for a high 1st, low 2nd rd draft pick. Straight up! Even in a weak draft!
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
aem
I hit open 5-footers

aem has an OK reputation so far

People want to criticize Rose for taking a high volume of shots, but who else is going to score? Isnt Deng supposed to be the 2nd option?

If that's the case and he doesnt pick it up fast, there will be a serious cause for concern. That, in itself, is a problem.
aem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 AM   #4
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

Deng is gone after this season. he will be traded for a big time post player (al jefferson). the bulls will then sign joe johnson to a max contract. we will be weak at sf though, lets see if the james johnson experiment works out.
rose
joe johnson
james johnson
al jefferson
joakim noah
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

I think his injury is still causing him too much pain. He probably shouldn't be playing as much. I hope JJ gets some more minutes next game. Nobody wants Deng. There is no way we trade him unless we take on another bad contract (Hedo Turkoglu or someone similar).
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc
I think his injury is still causing him too much pain. He probably shouldn't be playing as much. I hope JJ gets some more minutes next game. Nobody wants Deng. There is no way we trade him unless we take on another bad contract (Hedo Turkoglu or someone similar).

I think Turk would be a big upgrade for the Bulls over Deng. Hedo can sink threes and can create both for himself and for others in the clutch. Neither Turk nor Deng are great defensive players so I can't see how "we" could go wrong with that trade.

Toronto seems intent on having a "United Nations" roster so I am sure they would welcome Deng with his background.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Deng is way better defensively then Hedo. I don't want any part of Hedo here. He needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective and has regressed big time. He might be a good 3 point shooter, but that's about it right now.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

The problem with Deng is simple.

He has the legs of a 40 year old. With all of his injuries he is literally the least athletic small-forward in the NBA, and that is a position where athleticism plays a major part in being successful. Mix that in with him having a game stuck in the 1950s (No post game/no 3 point shot) and you have someone that is the definition of a system player.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far

I'm tired of hearing people wanting to move Deng, Deng is not an Allstar like he was hyped up to be but he is a solid basketball player who can actually defend unlike half the NBA, he rebounds the ball well, plays team basketball, is not selfish, and lets the game come to him.

The bad sides of Luol include he is injury prone and tends to fade away down the stretch of a game, where Rose takes over. Luol Deng is not a go to guy he is a guy who will get his 15-20pts a game along with 8 rebounds. He is who he is.

The Bulls organization in my opinion did overpay him, but we should worry more about our low post presence or lack of 3-pt shooting.

Luol did not have the best first game of the series, but he is playing injured. Unlike all the other times when he was injured he would stay out, but this year he is playing through his injury to help this team. Don't forget he is playing against the best player in the NBA.

Luol Deng is going to be a Bull for a while, get used to it.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

If Deng can play like he did consistently then he is far more valuable than anyone we would get back in return from a trade. Unless he's part of a sign and trade to bring over a free agent who told his team he wanted to leave and they were eager to atleast get something back in return. Unless thats the case then we should hold onto him. Quite frankly, despite the games he missed due to injury he has proved to be pretty consistent this season. Hopefully, if he stays he can stay healthy. He isn't our biggest problem and shouldn't be our biggest concern. If we can move him in a sign and trade for Bosh then do it. Something like: Deng, Taj, Asik, and a 2nd round pick for Chris Bosh and Demar Derozan sounds pretty good for both teams. If not then hold onto him and put the focus on getting him stronger so that he's less injured.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
If Deng can play like he did consistently then he is far more valuable than anyone we would get back in return from a trade. Unless he's part of a sign and trade to bring over a free agent who told his team he wanted to leave and they were eager to atleast get something back in return. Unless thats the case then we should hold onto him. Quite frankly, despite the games he missed due to injury he has proved to be pretty consistent this season. Hopefully, if he stays he can stay healthy. He isn't our biggest problem and shouldn't be our biggest concern. If we can move him in a sign and trade for Bosh then do it. Something like: Deng, Taj, Asik, and a 2nd round pick for Chris Bosh and Demar Derozan sounds pretty good for both teams. If not then hold onto him and put the focus on getting him stronger so that he's less injured.

He did show some flashes today on both sides of the floor. The problem is, he'll disappear for the rest of the series, and just have a hot quarter from 18-20" here and there.

I'd still trade him for peanuts, and develop JJ. Just don't let JJ eat the peanuts, or he'll Kemp on us.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I like JJ alot as a player but truth is that in my opinion he's a year or two removed from being able to start and contribute significantly. If we're going to go out and get a big time free agent and want to contend in the East we won't be able to do so with JJ starting. I don't see us getting back a player in a trade that would be able to start for us and be better than Deng even with his negative aspects. If we do then by all means but I dont see it happening.I definately wouldn't trade Deng just for peanuts. If we do it has to be for someone as good as him if not better. If we're serious about contending then we have to get better not take 2 steps back to take 1 forward. Our time is now (starting next season).
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #13
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far

JJ has tremendous upside, but he is not ready yet. He still needs another year to learn the game at the NBA level. He has a lot of potential i think as we saw when Deng went down with injury. Deng will have his moments, he is not the only guy in the NBA who tends to fade away in crunch time.

Allowing JJ to come off the bench for will let him keep developing, I just hope our next coach gives him consistent minutes. Plus we need to develop our bench because right now it is very weak. Usually the Bulls thrive on having a deep bench which is something the front office will look to improve on this season in addition to attracting a big name free agent.

We are set at the SF position with Deng/JJ. Lets look at upgrading the SG and PF position.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

[/quote]We are set at the SF position with Deng/JJ. Lets look at upgrading the SG and PF position.[/quote]

THANK YOU!! Most intelligent post in this thread
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #15
Mike~Mike
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Mike~Mike has an OK reputation so far

I think Deng was OK he needs to finish alot stronger I do agree with that. All in all he still should keep his job 20 points is pretty solid. And I dont like any of those other options named. James Jonhson is just not ready YET.

Last edited by Mike~Mike : 04-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Mike~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: