Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #61
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Anyone else hopes oden comes back next year?

Oden's teammates did let him down last night, but it is true that they......I won't say "carried the team" but they certainly saved Ohio State a couple of times in the tourney. I can't bash them for that reason.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #62
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember saying OSU and Wisconsin would go no further than MSU and Indiana in the tourny. I was wrong about OSU of course, but my reasoning was the outside shot wouldn't fall one game and they'd be screwed. It finally did on the last game of the season.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #63
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Oden needs one more year in college.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #64
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not sure he needs it, but it would likely help his conditioning and post game.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #65
r32soul
Decent playground baller

r32soul has an OK reputation so far

Oden does not need another year in college. He is good enough to start for most teams in the C position.

His offensive skills is already NBA ready, I am sure there are things he can definitely improve, like his jump hooks can be more consistent, better foot work in the post position, be more active and aggressive for offensive rebound. Defensively, he can get even stronger to defend the post better, but is already a great shot blocker.

But all of those things mentioned above can be improve in the NBA, not in college. And NBA teams will definitely get him in game shape by playing in summer league, pre-season workouts and what not.

And oh yeah, he is most likely the #1 pick, and since when do you not recommend a player who is likely the #1 pick to not go. I mean if he was just consider as a Top 10 pick then maybe it's a different story.
r32soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #66
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think he'll impress many people early on in his rookie season on offense, but as he gets comfortable, he'll be fine. Something like only averaging 12 ppg before the all-star break then averaging 16-18 ppg afterwards.

Entering the NBA now won't stunt his growth in any way, it will just take him longer to adjust. Personally I'd rather learn in the NBA than dominate in college if it's not going to have a negative effect on you.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #67
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by r32soul
Oden does not need another year in college. He is good enough to start for most teams in the C position.

His offensive skills is already NBA ready, I am sure there are things he can definitely improve, like his jump hooks can be more consistent, better foot work in the post position, be more active and aggressive for offensive rebound. Defensively, he can get even stronger to defend the post better, but is already a great shot blocker.

But all of those things mentioned above can be improve in the NBA, not in college. And NBA teams will definitely get him in game shape by playing in summer league, pre-season workouts and what not.

And oh yeah, he is most likely the #1 pick, and since when do you not recommend a player who is likely the #1 pick to not go. I mean if he was just consider as a Top 10 pick then maybe it's a different story.

Tim Duncan stayed.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #68
tmacman
Good High School Starter

tmacman is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He won't stay, just face it. There's no challenge for him in college or even maybe in the NBA.. The guys a freak
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: