Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    In his updated "Pyramid" that I think he released in 2010 he had two Celtics in his top 10: Russell and Bird. I have to think BlueandGold was just using hyperbole to prove his point.
    Oh alright.

Russell and Bird would be the only Celtics in most arbitrary Top 10's, as they should.... Don't think I've seen anybody try to push another Celtic in the Top 10, unless they trying to make a push for John Havlicek and/or Bob Cousy.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Oh alright.

Russell and Bird would be the only Celtics in most arbitrary Top 10's, as they should.... Don't think I've seen anybody try to push another Celtic in the Top 10, unless they trying to make a push for John Havlicek and/or Bob Cousy.
    Yeah, he has Havlicek at 14 and Cousy at 21. That might be a little high for both, but neither are absurdly high or anything. I'd probably have Havlicek in the 20-25 range somewhere, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Most likely wasn't watching the league back then. That Denver incident killed Kobe's image with the public and with the media.. even more so than Lebron's decision. Simmons himself said Kobe got robbed of his MVP vote in 06 because of the Denver incident and he hates anything Lakers.. he has like 6 celtics in his top10

Ive been a long time fan of the game since the first game I watched back in 1987. Thanks for assuming I was born yesterday.

My join date kinda makes your statement look a bit stupid. Are you special?
    Last edited by poido123; 10-04-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    What are you blathering about? The guy is making a contrary argument to a popular belief when it comes to a basketball player. You know, someone who plays a game wherein you shoot a ball into a hoop.

It's totally subjective, and he has every right to come to his own opinion about a player based on other evidence and criteria than what you deem "acceptable".

It's like me saying that people who believe Kobe is an all time great are akin to those who supported the Iraq war initially because the media told them so. Why do people have to get so personal when it comes to debating players? Why can you not just debate someone sensibly without resorting to crap like this?

Honestly grow up.
    Doesn't matter, just because one is a more serious subject than another doesn't mean it does not indicate just how contrary and baseless his argument is. He has the right to have an opinion but the problem is that he, just like every conspiracy theorist, act like his opinion is actually based on facts and EVERYONE is clueless besides him and its SO OBVIOUS that he is completely correct.

It just sounded like a very similar thought process to me. No, your example is still being the extra contrary weirdo because its still telling me that kobe is only a great because of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, he has Havlicek at 14 and Cousy at 21. That might be a little high for both, but neither are absurdly high or anything. I'd probably have Havlicek in the 20-25 range somewhere, though.
    Yeah, Hondo does seem a little high, but it's unreasonable.

Cousy is tricky to rank for me. Just going off accolades and legacy, what's to say he shouldn't be out off the Top 15-20 ? Top 10 perhaps ? He was also getting GOAT claims during his time too... not that I agree with that, but it was being said. In context, he seems overrated, but it really comes down what your criteria is.

Cocky or not, it's true.

right I've had to delete a crap load of posts as i didn't want to be forced to close this thread so now stick to basketball.

Any back and forth arguing and name calling and I will have to lock this thread for moderating reasons

At first I thought it was a gimmick, but now I think he really is mentally unstable. He's far too consistent for it to be a gimmick.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    At first I thought it was a gimmick, but now I think he really is mentally unstable. He's far too consistent for it to be a gimmick.
    (yawn)
    http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionar...ew-Clothes-The

Post that hot garbage as much as you ret**ds(datash) want to. It'll work about as well as rrr3's LYING a**, B-E-G-G-I-N-G me, to post a pic of myself to bail his sorry a** out. Do you(datash) see dead people too?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    right I've had to delete a crap load of posts as i didn't want to be forced to close this thread so now stick to basketball.

Any back and forth arguing and name calling and I will have to lock this thread for moderating reasons
    Like I previously said, just go right ahead and do so. They're just going to come right back in here and do the same thing as before. They have nothing to add to the the thread, so their only purpose of posting in it is to derail it. And the idiotic post above proves my point. Lock this thread.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-04-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Banned

16 pages later.

water is wet

the sky is blue

and the grass is green

honestly. why is something that is completely 100% accurate being debated so much?

kobe is an all time great

kobe is a legend

kobe is the winningest player of the last 17 years

kobe is a top 5-9 player of all time depending on criteria used

why is the same crap argued every day.. jesus christ.. just accept it already. fighting against kobes career hasnt worked after nearly 2 decades. why would it work now?

Banned

kobe haters are more stubborn than the japanese from WW2

they just won't quit no matter how much they get the p*ss beatin out of them

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    why is the same crap argued every day.. jesus christ.. just accept it already. fighting against kobes career hasnt worked after nearly 2 decades. why would it work now?
    You're the one starting a new "Why Kobe is great" thread every other day.

Kobe is correct and that is making kids furious.

Roleplayers like Horry and Fisher don't apply to this discussion. They helped their teams win for sure but they were never The Man / Co-The Man like Kobe was / is.

Kobe got swag and I love it.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Kobe is correct and that is making kids furious.

Roleplayers like Horry and Fisher don't apply to this discussion. They helped their teams win for sure but they were never The Man / Co-The Man like Kobe was / is.

Kobe got swag and I love it.

Yeah...the FAKE Heat fans, aka Lebronytes, are mad as ****. And that's exactly why all they can do is come in here and troll and try to derail the thread

Made that high school varsity squad

LOL kobe still got these haters mad i see. It's hard for them to accept the fact that he's a general consensus top 10 all time player. that he has 5 rings. That he's overachieved and accomplished way more than anyone else has. And it kills them to know kobe has a chance to win more rings lol. funny.