Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #121
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I used to work on InsideHoops.com

under what capacity did you work there?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #122
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I worked at Wal-mart for 2 months

how does Walmart manage to sell these things at great prices?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #123
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
1) Did they ever tell you guys to check out Government benefits?

Nope, not a mention about this.

Quote:
2) Did they ever force you to work hours you didn't want to?

Nope, I would tell them I had stuff to do and if they try to force me, I would tell them if they would of said something a day before then I would definitely stay but I don't like to be told to suddenly stay for the hell of it. Although one night I stayed till 2AM and I ended up trying to work a forklift and moved three stacks of beer successful until later I moved another one with like 60 cases, and I accidently bumped something and all of them fell and broke (glass).
Quote:
3) Did you ever lead the Walmart cheer?

Nah I would just hang out get my lunch and listen to other people sound stupid. I enjoyed my job, but not that much.

Quote:
4) Do you think your Walmart was underemployed?

Yes they are unemployed. They are suppose to have people who receive whatever comes in the stupid trailors and unload. They are suppose to hire someone specifically for dairy man. Hire someone to push carts. Hire someone to stock things, etc. At my time at wal-mart I was forced to do all those things above PLUS be a greeter one time as well.

One time I was so pissed off when pushing carts that I ran against where we are suppose to put them. I wasn't concious and I was really angry, so I ended up running against the wall (hole to insert cars were like 4'5 and i'm 5'8) so I ended up busting myself up. Kept working though once they put a band aid, but it was pretty painful :\.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #124
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
how does Walmart manage to sell these things at great prices?

They don't hire enough workers therefore cheaper prices. Bastards.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #125
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: I used to work at McDonald's

ISH Merged the topics.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #126
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
ISH Merged the topics.

Yeah I messaged him if he could please do so, it was getting kind of annoying with all these topics around.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #127
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
They don't hire enough workers therefore cheaper prices. Bastards.

They also have been caught hiring illegals, pay the workers oversees barely nothing, they are known to have one of the best inventory systems, they are notorious for limiting overtime and full-time workers while having a shorter staff and Managers in walmart have told employees to take advantage of government benefits since their's are too pricey. Also there are crazy stats that show everytime a Walmart is open, it costs the town millions of dollars to support their workers.

Walmart is basically efficient in everything they do; thus, they can offer these lower prices.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #128
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
They also have been caught hiring illegals, pay the workers oversees barely nothing, they are known to have one of the best inventory systems, they are notorious for limiting overtime and full-time workers while having a shorter staff and Managers in walmart have told employees to take advantage of government benefits since their's are too pricey. Also there are crazy stats that show everytime a Walmart is open, it costs the town millions of dollars to support their workers.

Walmart is basically efficient in everything they do; thus, they can offer these lower prices.

Yeah that too, never researched it though, that was really interesting to know.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #129
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Yeah that too, never researched it though, that was really interesting to know.

Yeah I remember I had to do a debate for Pro-Walmart last year, and I just couldn't, the only thing I said was some statistical figure showing how much they donated. They are the epitome of coporate evil.

Check out this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=walmart&hl=en
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #130
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

anyway, I must plug in the McDonald's new Southwestern Salad.

go eat that stuff.

and mcDonald's can be part of a healthy balanced diet... if you order right...

in the morning, order an Egg McMuffin with no margarine and no cheese. an english muffin with an egg and ham.

or order a yogurt parfait.

for lunch, get a salad, no dressing and a piece of grilled chicken and follow that up with a cookie or a yogurt parfait (no pies)

and if you have to eat dinner at mcdonalds... damn...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: