Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I am tlaking aobut for the playoff run in 2002-2003. When the MAvs went to the WCF.. everyone unanimoulsy said Van Exel was the MVP.. which is just exactly as stupid as saying Wade is MVP with Shaq on his team.
    "Everyone unanimoulsy"? Its things like that that make it hard to take so mny Dirk fans serious. Something about liking that man creates a total seperation from reality it seems. If you honestly think everyone believed NVE was the Mavs MVP you and I existed in totally different worlds for a while there. because I know ive only missed 2 nationally shown playoff games since 86 none of them in 2003. And yet still I missed that it seems. See what I remember is Dirk getting like 40/15 one game and seeing people here claim he might be as good as or better than Duncan. Not the majority. Not everyone. Im able to seperate a small minority from the entirety of the sports world you see. But if only for those select few...its just not true that everyone thought nick was the MVP.

This is just like you claiming nobody anywhere picked the Mavs to make the finals when there were prediction topics all over the place with them making it. you like to paint as bad a picture as possible to make dirk look like either god saving the garbage that is his team or like people think hes John Koncak.

Dirk did not get on that many peoples MVP ballot then a week later be considered less valuable than Nick Vanexel by the entirety of humanity.

It simply did not happen. Nick got some love. he took over some games. But Dirk was almost always considered the teams best player and in rare cases he wasnt it was Finley or Nash. nick may have gotten some announcer hyped when he made a big 3 in the playoffs but that doesnt mean fans in general thought a 25/10 all star all NBA player was somehow inferior to his teams streak shooting backup point guard after a few big games.

That's not what the media would have said. The media would have unanimously said KG was better than Dirk.. KG has an MVP and what has he done to deserve it? Statpad? That's aobut it.
    If Dirk has a 24/14/6/2/1.5 season this year on a 58 win team that wasnt even healthy and didnt win MVP you would never let it go.

Dirk truly deserved MVP the past 2 seasons and didn't get it. But now finally after leading his team to the Finals he might get some respect.. but there are still people who would say KG is better. Yet if KG just led a team to the Finals NO one would be saying Dirk was better. It's pretty simple to udnerstand..
    You and many like you would say Dirk is better if KG puts up 40/25 this season win 77 games and sweeps the playoffs. him winning 2 more games in the 04 playoffs and being in the finals wouldnt be the difference between a near 50/50 split and a 100% agreement in him being better than Dirk.

The point remains though.. that Dirk and Nash were both incredibly underrated because of their race.. and STILL are. You think that's just going to go away? And it took very very very special circumstances for Nash to get the credit he did for the Suns.Nahs also has an advantage over Dirk in that his game is much more flashy and conventional than Dirk's.
    His race? Who do you think runs the NBA? who do you think votes for MVP and all these awards? Who do you think the majority online here is? White people mostly(asians a close second here). The race thing goes both ways. If you really think a lot of fans dont love Nash because hes similar to them youre just blind to reality. Sure black people are also more likely to look up to people more similar to them. But fact is white people run the NBA and white people do most of the award voting and if only by sheer numbers are most of the fans. Maybe not by percentage of each race who likes the NBA. But by numbers they are.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-31-2006 at 12:05 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You claim Wade is the fifth best player in the league, yet in your last post, you said "Wade is a freaking joke."

Explain. Please, enlighten me.
    Just how he acts sometimes. The winner still isnt over the Finals.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    I know your seriously not trying to make a race thing...

Mf'er is 7' ft power forward. He supposed to rebound, dummy. And even then Kobe, Wade, and Bron avg 5+ boards career wise from swingman/guard posistion which is damn good.

And Kobe, Wade, Bron ALL DEFEND(especially Kobe) at their respective posistions a HUNDRED times better than Dirk. Undebatable too.

Son said Antoine Walker...

Dirk played with the great Antoine Walker too, along with Antawn Jamison, and the two time MVP in Steve Nash and didn't win ****. Explain that for me will ya??...

That why Josh Howard and Jason Terry shoot the three at 40% clip right?
    Fab=Owned.
    One thing that people forget, he also played with Finley who was simply a MONSTER back then, but yeah having a top SG and a future two time MVP along with a great clutch shooter (Nick) is a garbage team, poor Dirk.

who the heck is that old chick gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Just how he acts sometimes. The winner still isnt over the Finals.
    Mavs fans and Kobe lovers still arent over the Finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    Dirk's better than Bird, in an absolute sense already, Kobe is better than Jordan
    joewait one god damn minute. did i read that right?

TIM DUNCAN IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. Then kobe then dirk then lebron then wade.
    I can agree with all except Dirk.
    In fact i would put KG, Elton Brand,TMAC above Dirk.

Mavs fans and Kobe lovers still arent over the Finals.
    Name some mavs fans for me cus i dont kno any but anyways thats acceptable for fans. It isnt acceptable for the players. When the loser isnt over it thats expected but when the WINNER isnt over it thats even more sad.

Name some mavs fans for me cus i dont kno any but anyways thats acceptable for fans. It isnt acceptable for the players. When the loser isnt over it thats expected but when the WINNER isnt over it thats even more sad.
    You get over the loss. You dont get over the win.

You get over the loss. You dont get over the win.
    What do u mean?

What do u mean?
    Hey i won, now i need to get over it.

Hey i lost, now i need to get over it.

Which one makes sense. It aint that hard.

You dont know any? You're one of them, you turd. TMOGE is on the same boat, but he's not a piece of turd. The NBA champ gets to say whatever the fcuk he wants and the loser gets to sulk in his defeat. Thats what you're entitled to after winning the title.

I am over it man. What i mean is that wade shouldnt even care what dirk says and just dismiss the comment.

Banned

I know your seriously not trying to make a race thing... IF you are your an idiot.

Why am I an idiot? Who has EVER said Dirk is the best player in the league? for people to say Dirk is the 5th best player in the league he has to be the actual best player in the league. That's how it works. If Dirk was actually the 5th best playe rin the league people would say he isn't in the top ten. Dirm is ALWAYS going to be underrated. That's just the way it is. You look at Dikr's stats over the past few years and NO has been as good as him as long as him. That's a fact. he has been the true MVP the past few seasons.. yet he's only the 5th or 6th best player? If Dirk was black there would be no debate.

Mf'er is 7' ft power forward. He supposed to rebound, dummy.

Dummy? So you are saying guys liek Kobe, Wade and Lebron get somekind of pass because they are short? Because Dikr is 7 feet that's an unfair advantage? This is basketball nimrod.. yeah he's suppsoed to rebound.. because he's 7 feet! That's lie saying Shaq's post dominance doesn't count because he's 7 feet and 4 hundred pounds.. it's BECAUSE Dirk is 7 feet that he is better than these guys! I sware to god.. people are so assbackwards..

And even then Kobe, Wade, and Bron avg 5+ boards career wise from swingman/guard posistion which is damn good.

Doesn't matter.. they still can't compete with a 7 footer.. that's the point!

And Kobe, Wade, Bron ALL DEFEND(especially Kobe) at there respective posistions a HUNDRED times better than Dirk. Undebatable

BS.. this is where the race comes in.. you just assume this because of Dirk's race. NONE of these guys plays D. Kobe doesn't even cross half court half the time.. yet he is said to be one of the best defenders in the league. Someone at 82 games.com watched Kobe play D for a game.. and documented it.. he was atrocious. And it's like that all the time. LeBron and Wade are probably even worse.

Son said Antoine Walker...

Pat Riley signed Walker.. so did Don Nelson.. we would probably still have Walker if we didn't have Dirk.. the Heat don't have another PF so Walker fits right in. When Wlake ris on he is a big game player. He helped them win that championshiop. There is no doubt.

Dirk played with that great Antoine Walker, along with Antawn Jamison, and the two time MVP in Steve Nash and didn't win ****. Explain that for me wil ya??...

Because our team was just salpped togehter. we didn't have a cente rlike Shaq and Zo.. we had Walker Dirk and Twan all trying to play the same psoition. We had tons of redundant players. The Heat are far more balanced.. they have 2 hall of fame centers to our zero centers. It's comical that I even have to explain this..

That why Josh Howard and Jason Terry shoot the three at 40% clip right?

That's why Terry went 2 of 11 from 3 point range while Dirk had 2 Heat defenders glued to his butt. Your stats are a joke..

The Mavs were the worst 3 pooint shooting team in the playoffs. Despite all the doubles Dirk demaneded.. they should have been one of the best if they had any decent shooters. Avery wouldn't even use a greta shooter he had -- Dirk. Which is a whole nother problem..