Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe has missed 15,296 shots. The most in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    My dude, your misguided point was that the reason Kobe's FG% is lower than MJ's was because of different eras, defenses, etc. You say this when the best player on the planet is riding a 4 year streak of shooting 50% or higher (currently shooting 54%), with guys like Durant and Wade near or past that barrier now and in the past. How do you explain that?

Is Lebron immune to the superior defense of this era or more likely- is he, like Michael Jordan, just a plain better, smarter player than Kobe 'king chucker' Bryant? What's the deal?
    we have crossed over into a different era now. Kobe spent his prime fg% years in the most offensive depressed era in NBA history 1998-2004

no one was shooting over 50% then

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - Stay Mad B!tch....

- been locking U up since day 1

- go refer to your garbage posts......still cant C me son

next
    Well if garbage is facts about the reason why shooting percentages have dropped, why rule changes have made it easier for perimeter players, why Tony Parker has led the league in in the paint scoring before, with other perimeter guys being in top 5, Shaq shooting his best FG% in the zone years....I guess it would be garbage in Kobeville. Also I don't get mad over the internet

I don't get picked last at the park anymore talamo's Avatar

Wow i've been out and about all day and i cant believe i havent heard about this. Knew i should have watched sports center before i left this morning. Truly important interesting kewl stat here

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Top5Be

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    we have crossed over into a different era now. Kobe spent his prime fg% years in the most offensive depressed era in NBA history 1998-2004

That isn't strictly due to defense. Style of play, lack of offensive intelligence and skills (like passing, shooting) from an era where people drafted young, dumb HSers on "potential"

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    My dude, your misguided point was that the reason Kobe's FG% is lower than MJ's was because of different eras, defenses, etc. You say this when the best player on the planet is riding a 4 year streak of shooting 50% or higher (currently shooting 54%), with guys like Durant and Wade near or past that barrier now and in the past. How do you explain that?

Is Lebron immune to the superior defense of this era or more likely- is he, like Michael Jordan, just a plain better, smarter player than Kobe 'king chucker' Bryant? What's the deal?

- I'm saying the reason why Kobe's FG% is lower....A.) yes perimeter players are more game based 15' + and further out....and B)defense has changed

Kobe Bryant career

2PT%------------------------>48.3%
    3PT%(eFG)------------------>33.9%
    FT%-------------------------->83.7%
    TS%(2PT%+ 3PT%+ FT%)-->55.7%

Michael Jordan career

2PT%------------------------>51.0%
    3PT%(eFG)------------------>32.7%
    FT%-------------------------->83.5%
    TS%(2PT%+ 3PT%+ FT%)-->56.9%

Overall, in points per possesion kobe is behind michael by only 1.2% because he is marginally a better FT shooter, and he takes and makes a lot more threes(the main reason he's so behind in FG%). But overall, with all factors considered he's literally behind jordan by only 1.2% in overall efficiency. It's amazing how people downplay kobe's FG% without taking into account he took 3X the amount of threes, was more efficient from beyond the arc, and was marginally a better FT shooter..

1.2% is comparible

For some perspective, here are the league averages for all the years MJ shot over 50%.

88' - 48%
    89' - 47.7%
    90' - 47.6%
    91' - 47.4%
    92' - 47.2%

And here are the league averages in the post-MJ era.

00' - 44.9%
    01' - 44.3%
    02' - 44.5%
    03' - 44.2%
    04' - 43.9%
    05' - 44.7%
    06' - 45.4%
    07' - 45.8%
    08' - 45.7%
    09' - 45.9%
    10' - 46.1%

- How is Lebron immune?....he shoots 48%???...and his game is more based around Slashing and Driving ...same with Wade...both very similar players...???..and wade only shot 50% once his past 9 seasons??

- so it's only Kobe??....looks like league wide FG% has dropped.....defensive change / forcing a more perimeter based game....

and 5 Championships and 7 NBA Finals proved he aint chickin he's doin it deep..
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 01-09-2013 at 08:47 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I misread the threat title, I am so stupid
    Last edited by Bandito; 01-09-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

And there it is only Kobe has played in a tough era

Here u go...look at facts

let's see u'r hero in his 4th season 99-2000/yes he was a starter against Jordan old competition

avg 22 pts a game his opposition that year:

Reggie Miller, Steve Smith, Nick Anderson,A.Hardaway, Barry, Strickland, Peeler, Daniels, Iverson, Houston, Hughes, Stackhouse, Piatkowski, Posey, Dickerson, Majerle, McGrady, Mobley, Pierce, Pearson, Sealy, Wahad, Eisley, Porter, Allen, Sura, Finley, Mercer, Elie, Rider, Legler, Chapman, Griffin, Nesby....lol...the same dudes that at age 34-35 Jordan was avg 28-30ppg against and winning league MVP's

Mitch Richmond vs Kobe this year: Rock avg 27.5, Kobe avg 14.0 winner Richmond

Come on Kobe u should have been dumping 50 on these scrubs..

By the way Kobe as of 2009, who is the hardest player for u to guard?

Oh my a Jordan era guy, that was past his prime when u faced him?

Kobe since u were so superior to any athlete compared to the old slow unathletic white guys of Jordan's time.....why didn't u start at 18? U should have been the 23 year old version of MJ at 18, since u are so far ahead talent wise?

Kobe's best year scoring came against the likes of: Individual Matchups listed 05/06: Bell, Barbosa, Desmond Mason, Telfair, Marquis Daniels, R. Davis, R. Allen, Eddie Jones, Stackhouse, Hinrich, Ginobili, Mobley, Iggy, Richardson, Buckner, Head, Claxton, Redd, Wells, T. Allen, V. Carter, Payton, Hamilton, Pierce, Hido, K. Martin, J. Dixon, J. Johnson, D. Brown, D. Wesley, R. Felton, F. Jones, Crawford, Fisher, Rose, Garcia, Wade, Jasikevicius, Cassell, Snow

Juggernauts???

Again 6 perimeter DPOY in Jordan era....1 in Kobe's era... Kobestans have no answers for this...they ignore it and post midget pictures yet forget about their hero against the heralded Eric Snow

38%....really

AND WHILE IN CLEVELAND (DATE: JAN 12,2006) KOBE WAS ON A TEAR

Eric Snow scored nine points, but his value was not on the offensive end. Snow blanketed Bryant for much of the game and held the player who

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - I'm saying the reason why Kobe's FG% is lower is...
    Because he is clearly an inferior player to both Michael Jordan and Lebron James. Those guys put up their efficiency regardless of rules, eras, etc because they have the skill and more importantly the genius basketball IQ.

For some perspective, here are the league averages for all the years MJ shot over 50%.

88' - 48%
    89' - 47.7%
    90' - 47.6%
    91' - 47.4%
    92' - 47.2%

And here are the league averages in the post-MJ era.

00' - 44.9%
    01' - 44.3%
    02' - 44.5%
    03' - 44.2%
    04' - 43.9%
    05' - 44.7%
    06' - 45.4%
    07' - 45.8%
    08' - 45.7%
    09' - 45.9%
    10' - 46.1%
    Teams/the league were more interior oriented and took far less 3s in Jordan's era. Which is why his domination is even more impressive in retrospect. A guard leading his team to championships in that era without an offensively dominant big man was an anomaly. Jordan did it 6x. Look who was in the championship series when Jordan was playing baseball- Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing.

Not only is the league completely perimeter oriented now, big men for the most part are garbage with a few exceptions. Just look at Dwight, he has been accepted by the vast majority of sports fans as the best, most dominant center in the game today and he's arguably the 3rd option on the Lakers, playing behind a shot-jacking guard. The best C in the game is the third option on his team, think about that for a second.

- How is Lebron immune?....he shoots 48%???...and his game is more based around Slashing and Driving ...same with Wade...both very similar players...???..and wade only shot 50% once his past 9 seasons??
    Lebron started taking better quality shots. In the years where he was in the 47-49% range, he was taking 4-5 3s per game. Since he's cut down his 3s to 2-4 per game, he's shot in the 51-54% range. It's simple logic, you cut down on chucking from long distance, you use bball IQ and take higher quality shots, you play more efficiently. You can at least admit that Kobe from time to time takes the worst shots imagineable when he's in hero ball mode, can't you? And Wade has been in the .495-50% range for 4 seasons, virtually half his career. If Kobe is the GOAT, you'd think he'd be a better slasher and driver and have a higher bball IQ. If he's lacking in those areas, then he's obviously not in that conversation.

- so it's only Kobe??....looks like league wide FG% has dropped.....defensive change / forcing a more perimeter based game....
    I agree, the rule changes have forced a more perimeter oriented game. More guys are out there chucking 3s instead of looking for more optimal shots (with the exception of the truly elite players and teams). The best players in the league do not have any issues scoring with efficiency. Their skill and IQ overcome any situation. Those who can't are the overrated ones.

and 5 Championships and 7 NBA Finals proved he aint chickin he's doin it deep..
    Hondo has 8 championships, jussayin'.

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Kobe == Favre IMO

Ironman, great, but also gunslinger/chucker

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Alpha trying soooooo hard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Well kobes what 5th all time points right now? Behind the GOAT, and four big men right? He should have the money st missed shots then.. If he didn't that would mean he was shooting better than seven footers and Michael Jordan.

The Mamba hate in this thread is soo strong. Well most of em don't hate Kobe anyways, just to rile up his stans

Goat chucker!