Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default my quitting smoking journal

Decided to quit smoking on 3 days ago after smoking a packet a day for the last 4 years. I have to say this journey hasn't been easy

Day 1:
    Day 1 wasn't too bad, had my cravings but was determined to see this through. I snapped all my cigarettes in half and had hopefully my last cigarette. I slept like a baby this night and got to bed much easier than i usually do.

Day 2:
    First full day without a single cigarette. This was hard but i was trying to pre-occupy myself to keep my mind of cigarettes, so i was working harder, taking deeper breathes and spent a longer amount of time in the gym. Controlling the cravings this day wasn't the hardest however i met up with a lot of my friends for dinner last night where 90% of them smoke. I didn't have a cigarette but before i went home i was nearly about to cave until i snapped went home and went to bed. Slept like a baby again.

Day 3: Today has been the hardest. I slept well but i woke up very early, i have been trying to pre-occupy myself all day with work and catching up on certain things I have been procrastinating for the last few weeks. The cravings have really set themselves in. I keep thinking to myself its just one cigarette, yet i know not to have one. However i don't know what my judgement will be if someone smokes one in front of me than offers me one. Its only 1 pm right now here in Sydney and I've got a long day ahead of me with work later tonight. I've been substituting cigarettes with coffee's however i don't want to be too buzzing and crash later on before i have to start work.

If anyone has ever kicked the habit before please give me some advice!!!

Saw a basketball once bluesteel2010's Avatar

Default Re: my quitting smoking journal

Good work mate, keep it going.

I recently quit (haven't had one since Jan 2nd) and the best advice I can give you is to get yourself a hobby of some sort, even just in the short term. You need something to keep yourself busy for the next couple of weeks. The first 3-5 days are the hardest but it gets a lot easier after that. Try staying inside too, alot harder to not smoke when people are doing it around you.

Good luck.

You can do it. 3 days is a great start. You're doing amazing. Think about the person you used to be, and think about the people who wouldn't be able to even go a single day. Keep your mind on this goal. Anyone can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    If anyone has ever kicked the habit before please give me some advice!!!
    I post this shit every single time someone mentions trying to quit and I will post it again.

Download this book and read it. You will quit. It is that simple. Smoked for 6 years and quit cold turkey with ease after reading this.

If you are trying to find it online just google the title of the book and add the word "pdf" to your search.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I post this shit every single time someone mentions trying to quit and I will post it again.

Download this book and read it. You will quit. It is that simple. Smoked for 6 years and quit cold turkey with ease after reading this.

If you are trying to find it online just google the title of the book and add the word "pdf" to your search.
    I knew you had a good heart and just putting up a d*ckish online persona for comedic value (like me). This book is much appreciated and something I will be investing my time in (when I read a book, I make sure I read it 3x just so the ideas will be imbedded in my mind).

I'm also trying to quit now. Got started on Vaping. Now I'm kind of addicted to vaping.

Good luck man keep it up

Quitting smoking is the best thing you'll ever do for yourself. No matter your age or physical condition, you won't believe how much better you feel. Food tastes better. You will no longer have that stench that people have noticed on you but never mentioned. You will waste less time hanging out, taking a little quality time to slowly kill yourself.

Good luck!!!

day 4: I'm sleeping less and less but feeling refreshed each time I'm waking up. I used to have a cigarette just before i went to bed probably for the last year and a half - 2 years. I went to bed last night at roughly 1230pm and i woke up at 630am(usually wake up at 8am) feeling completely refreshed and alert. However the cravings kicked in this morning. I keep thinking to myself "was that really my last cigarette?" I've noticed i'm breathing a bit better and I'm smelling things much better. However if someone is smoking a cigarette 50 meters away from me i can smell that shit.
    Either way I'm certain the cravings will start slowing down by the weekend.

IDK how people can smoke a pack a day, my lungs and throat couldn't take it

I smoke 4-5 ciggs a day, and could kick the habit whenever..I just like having a smoke when im driving in the car and listening to music

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

I smoke 4-5 ciggs a day, and could kick the habit whenever..I just like having a smoke when im driving in the car and listening to music
    thats how it starts.

i give you 3 months til your smoking 10-15 cigs.

and most people will back me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

Ah, if I had a dollar for everyone who said "I can kick it whenever".

So, if you can, why not? Smoking isn't helping your health, finances, sense of taste or the way you smell. It's also devaluing your car. What's the benefit to you?

Stop today. Best thing you'll ever do for yourself. And since you can do it whenever, now is a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Ah, if I had a dollar for everyone who said "I can kick it whenever".

So, if you can, why not? Smoking isn't helping your health, finances, sense of taste or the way you smell. It's also devaluing your car. What's the benefit to you?

Stop today. Best thing you'll ever do for yourself. And since you can do it whenever, now is a great time.
    Sounds like you kicked it. Let's hear your story.

People who smoke in NY make me laugh. It's $11 a pack. ELEVEN DOLLARS. you have to be nuts to spend $11 a day on something that essentially is killing you and not in a subtle fashion.

im proud to you man dont not give up respect