Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Is Jeremy Lin a top 15 PG in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    Did you even read what I typed:
    Any name above would make rockets a worse team going forward.
    Yeah, bro, Jennings, Lowry and Williams would make the Rockets so much worse. So delusional that it's not even funny.

If you r rocket fan why are u so downer on your own player who seem will not leave rocket for foreseeable future. Does it hurt u to see a player you try so hard to pick on play on ur team. Never see you so critical of other rockets player? maybe just hate Lin?
    Because he's overrated, the asian fanbase, guys like you are so incredibly delusional and hype him up for nothing. He's been playing nice lately but he's no where as good as you try to make him to be. You even tried to excuse him for his knee, a surgery he went through 9 months ago and was said to be OK after 6 weeks.

And I don't hate him, I'm just not buying into this "hype" by all you new Rocket fans. And he's not the only one I'm not a fan of, go and check my posts about Patterson.

still with this cannot go left bull crap, are you The Barry dude from ESPN, Lin is not efficient going to left,he made an effort to over come that this season he goes left plenty to keep opponent to not just sit on his right. watch the game. Lots players have dominate hand, the trick is get a sufficient off hand drive juz a couple times a game is enough to keep defender honest. Harden has dominate hand too.
    He can't go left, have you even seen him trying to finish with his left? I read somewhere that he had one of the lowest FG% among starting PG's in the league, it was posted on Clutchfans. It's one thing to have a dominant hand but it's another thing when you lack one hand like Lin.

play making is huge. Look at rockets when Lin sits , if Harden is in the hero mode the offense become so stagnant. Why do you think after rockets play more teamball and speed up, coach reply more and more on lin. he starts to play 40+ min games all of a sudden. at the same time they winning nicely.
    Of course playmaking is huge but what other playmakers do the team have when it comes to guards? TD?

Please, jenning is a poison pill,what talent dude chucks up less than 40% fg long 2s. Rockets play money ball, shot 3 get foul, finish at the rim, shot long 2 is the worst. A chucker do not get teammates involved is no no in a young team. Have you noticed when young player get fed on offense they also play hard on defense.
    Lin makes 3% more of shots while being alot more open than Jennings, stop writing out of your ass. And Jennings can shoot the 3, Lin hasn't proved that he can and a 3 point shooting point guard would be huge for the Rockets. Rondo who is considered one horrible 3 point shooter shoots the 3 as bad as Lin this season. So you're basically hyping up a player who lacks a left hand and who can't shoot the 3..

Go and start a thread and check who people would take, Jennings or Lin, haha..

NBA rookie of the year

Are you dumb or u fail at reading comprehension. Yes Lin had a slow start, ( whatever reason, not 100% physically, Harden join after training camp, the whole team not sure what's gonna be them, he is passive he defers too much he looks weak and slow he sucked, he admitted himself) but he turned the corner, in December he average about 15/7/4/2 , so i said if he handles the rock alone he s 16/9/4/2 , whats wrong with that. You start to sound like a hate refuse to take in whats happening and just only want to focus on the negative.
    You're obviously dumb, your posts are barely readable.

So Lin's slow start was due not being 100% healthy? What was his injury? A 6 month old surgery which had a healing process of 6 weeks according to the media?

So you judge him based on how he did only in December? He played like garbage the most of the season and you only pick the good stuff?

Let me guess, you're asian and you were a Knicks fan last season.. You guys are so delusional that it's not even funny..

NBA rookie of the year

I can play the same game as pnyozzzoo, since he judged Lin based on December I'll judge Lin based on his 5 latest games,

His averages through the last 5 games; 12.2 points (44% shooting and 17% 3 point shooting), 6.2 assists, 4.4 turnovers, 6.2 assists and 2.2 steals.

GOAT player!

The issue with guys like pnyozzzoo is that they're cherry picking..

you can list like that, but as a rocket fan
    I would not take
    Felton
    Jennings
    Deron
    Lowry
    maybe even Lawson over lin. Any name above would make rockets a worse team going forward.
    + too many good pgs nowadays, its better to have a max big + a 8 mill good pg plays d and can run a team. than have a max pg + a limited big.
    Wow im gona make a wild guess here and say that youre asian, right? No shot jennings lowry and deron make the rockets worse. Deron and jennings? Really? Are you fvcking kidding me? Deron is seriously getting hated on after starting slow this season, lin has wet dreams about being as good as deron. Jennings is a star too, you could probably make a case for lin over lowry for the rockets as a squad, but individually its no contest. Lin will never even sniff an all star team unless asia votes him in which would honestly just be a disgrace to the all star games and makes all star bids a joke

Lin over dron and jennings smh

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yeah, bro, Jennings, Lowry and Williams would make the Rockets so much worse. So delusional that it's not even funny.

Because he's overrated, the asian fanbase, guys like you are so incredibly delusional and hype him up for nothing. He's been playing nice lately but he's no where as good as you try to make him to be. You even tried to excuse him for his knee, a surgery he went through 9 months ago and was said to be OK after 6 weeks.

And I don't hate him, I'm just not buying into this "hype" by all you new Rocket fans. And he's not the only one I'm not a fan of, go and check my posts about Patterson.

He can't go left, have you even seen him trying to finish with his left? I read somewhere that he had one of the lowest FG% among starting PG's in the league, it was posted on Clutchfans. It's one thing to have a dominant hand but it's another thing when you lack one hand like Lin.

Of course playmaking is huge but what other playmakers do the team have when it comes to guards? TD?

Lin makes 3% more of shots while being alot more open than Jennings, stop writing out of your ass. And Jennings can shoot the 3, Lin hasn't proved that he can and a 3 point shooting point guard would be huge for the Rockets. Rondo who is considered one horrible 3 point shooter shoots the 3 as bad as Lin this season. So you're basically hyping up a player who lacks a left hand and who can't shoot the 3..

Go and start a thread and check who people would take, Jennings or Lin, haha..
    Dude do you even watch the game or juz another boxscore hero. TD for play making? no regarding of defense? control of pace? hate on a player because he is popular and you some how think he does not deserve his popularity and have to hate. 3% 5% everything %, do you see how a player play, Do you think Jennings scoring the way this team prefers. and yes you can still flap his numbers while its low coz the bad start, but the season is long and both rockets and Lin turned around, I see Rockets winning at a high% games and Lin is number will trend up. Keep holding on to those numbers while it last.

And you know what, Lin is and will be more popular than Lowry will ever be this life its not gonna change. He is just popular, people love him.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Wow im gona make a wild guess here and say that youre asian, right? No shot jennings lowry and deron make the rockets worse. Deron and jennings? Really? Are you fvcking kidding me? Deron is seriously getting hated on after starting slow this season, lin has wet dreams about being as good as deron. Jennings is a star too, you could probably make a case for lin over lowry for the rockets as a squad, but individually its no contest. Lin will never even sniff an all star team unless asia votes him in which would honestly just be a disgrace to the all star games and makes all star bids a joke

Lin over dron and jennings smh

Knicks fans.....

I said going forward Deron and Jennings will not makes rockets better.
    See reasons above.
    Deron is max, and He may very well going the down hill path while Lin is coming up, at the same time you need the max for a PF is will be huge.

Lin Harden Parsons +max PF+ asik can contend in a couple years.

Deron Harden PArsons + PPat + asik cannot contend.

Jennings... sigh , if you guys like a gunner who likes to shoot and shoots poorly, has worse playmaking. worse defense. Who thinks himself as a star and wants to get paid 10+ mil on this rocket team going forward...

NBA rookie of the year

Dude do you even watch the game or juz another boxscore hero. TD for play making? no regarding of defense? control of pace? hate on a player because he is popular and you some how think he does not deserve his popularity and have to hate. 3% 5% everything %, do you see how a player play, Do you think Jennings scoring the way this team prefers. and yes you can still flap his numbers while its low coz the bad start, but the season is long and both rockets and Lin turned around, I see Rockets winning at a high% games and Lin is number will trend up. Keep holding on to those numbers while it last.
    Ok, now I know that you're asian and that you're only a Lin fan due his asian heritage since your english is so awful. My point was that Lin's playimaking is so important for the Rockets due the fact that there are no other point guard for the Rockets who can pass the ball.

I don't hate on a player because he's popular, I've never hated on someone due the fact that he's popular but with Lin it's uncalled for. He's a mediocre basketball player and he's famous because of his asian heritage which is silly because the dude is an american basketball product.

And you know what, Lin is and will be more popular than Lowry will ever be this life its not gonna change. He is just popular, people love him.
    How does this even makes sense in any way? I don't give shit about Lowry being less popular than Lin, Lowry is easily a better basketball player. This is not a popularity contest, it's about who's the better player. Stop being a retard.

NBA rookie of the year

Knicks fans.....

I said going forward Deron and Jennings will not makes rockets better.
    See reasons above.
    Deron is max, and He may very well going the down hill path while Lin is coming up, at the same time you need the max for a PF is will be huge.

Deron Harden PArsons + PPat + asik cannot contend.

Jennings... sigh , if you guys like a gunner who likes to shoot and shoots poorly, has worse playmaking. worse defense. Who thinks himself as a star and wants to get paid 10+ mil on this rocket team going forward...
    Haha, what an idiot.
    You were a Knicks fan last season due the fact that Lin played there and now you're suddenly a Rocket fan.

So Deron and Jennings wouldn't make the Rockets a better team going forward but the mediocre Lin would, haha, what a joke.

Haha, what an idiot.
    You were a Knicks fan last season due the fact that Lin played there and now you're suddenly a Rocket fan.

So Deron and Jennings wouldn't make the Rockets a better team going forward but the mediocre Lin would, haha, what a joke.
    Talking to you is an excise in futility.

see this?:

Deron Harden Parsons + PPat + asik cannot contend.

can you counter this?

well you think he is a mediocre basketball player hei its your opinion. You are entitle to it, talking on the internet is not gonna change yours or mine. But I think he is a good player that can become better even. He is smart works hard, have nice teamball concept, not selfish, got some key abilities at this stage already. Future is bright. And tell you what, lots people agree on that and not because they are all Asian, like you would like to think.

Wow this dude is a bandwagon Lin fan?

What a terrible player to choose to be a stan for. I give Lin credit for becoming an average to slightly above avergae PG which is further than i thought hed get, but your wyllin with this shyt above him being better than Deron on ANY team. The rockets would ship lin out in a second for deron. Im not even gona argue cause you obviously are gay for Lin since hes asian which is pathetic because it shows what really makes you admire a player; and it has nothing to do with how they play basketball

Again, stop dodging the question, are you asian?

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Wow this dude is a bandwagon Lin fan?

What a terrible player to choose to be a stan for. I give Lin credit for becoming an average to slightly above avergae PG which is further than i thought hed get, but your wyllin with this shyt above him being better than Deron on ANY team. The rockets would ship lin out in a second for deron. Im not even gona argue cause you obviously are gay for Lin since hes asian which is pathetic because it shows what really makes you admire a player; and it has nothing to do with how they play basketball

Again, stop dodging the question, are you asian?
    Another Knicks Moron, You guys sound like 16 year old teenager just got broke up with the ex girlfriend.

Why the **** would a Youngest team in the league with higher than expectation 18-14 record and forming great chemistry. ship out their young pg who is playing better and better to get a MAX Franchise player who leads his team with double salary super max team to 17-15 record in a much weaker Conference.

And the max player is hurting complaining shooting like shit play like shit, killed his coach and called himself a system player while being lazy and terrible on D. So that the Rocket can tie up their salary cap with a down hill bum and not sign a potential max PF and try to contend in a couple years.

Great idea Moron, Maybe you should ask King to give Morey a call. While you at it maybe Rockets should take Amare and form a dynasty since you guys willing to part with him for free.

NBA rookie of the year

Another Knicks Moron, You guys sound like 16 year old teenager just got broke up with the ex girlfriend.

Why the **** would a Youngest team in the league with higher than expectation 18-14 record and forming great chemistry. ship out their young pg who is playing better and better to get a MAX Franchise player who leads his team with double salary super max team to 17-15 record in a much weaker Conference.

And the max player is hurting complaining shooting like shit play like shit, killed his coach and called himself a system player while being lazy and terrible on D. So that the Rocket can tie up their salary cap with a down hill bum and not sign a potential max PF and try to contend in a couple years.

Great idea Moron, Maybe you should ask King to give Morey a call. While you at it maybe Rockets should take Amare and form a dynasty since you guys willing to part with him for free.
    Shut up, seriously.

We know that you lack when it comes to knowing english but read the freaking thread title. It's about where Lin ranks among other PG's no matter what contract. Lin's not close to either Jennings or Williams, get real.

Lin is a mediocre player, he's not great but he doesn't suck, he's an average point guard and nothing more.

Fans like you are equal with shit, you don't even root for the teams, you were a Knick fan last year so you calling out other Knick fans is pure stupidity.

I've been a Rocket fan for years but guys like you are so lame, if Lin gets traded you will forget all about Rockets like you did with Knicks and then you'll hate the Rockets. Bandwagon-sucker..

I've been a Rocket fan for years but guys like you are so lame, if Lin gets traded you will forget all about Rockets like you did with Knicks and then you'll hate the Rockets. Bandwagon-sucker..
    You sound dumb and jealous, Blah blah I throw Labels on you, you are this you are that. I am a christian for 20 years I know gods more than you. You have no right to rap because black people started it, stop being copy cat. Blah blah. I am a fan longer because I know it and now I have rights to ask you to shut up because I think I know better because I have been longer. Because I am truer, better longer. Its mine, mine only.

Lol, How old are you.
    It's a ****ing sports team with sport players, people cannot have different opinion and yours is right because you know others disagree are wrong. they must be. They should shut up.

NBA rookie of the year

You sound dumb and jealous, Blah blah I throw Labels on you, you are this you are that. I am a christian for 20 years I know gods more than you. You have no right to rap because black people started it, stop being copy cat. Blah blah. I am a fan longer because I know it and now I have rights to ask you to shut up because I think I know better because I have been longer. Because I am truer, better longer. Its mine, mine only.

Lol, How old are you.
    It's a ****ing sports team with sport players, people cannot have different opinion and yours is right because you know others disagree are wrong. they must be. They should shut up.
    Haha, it's really amusing to read your posts because your english is so bad and when you try to be sarcastic it just looks stupid.

You're obviously not getting my point, it's not about how long you've been a fan, it's about you being a bandwagon-fan. You're crazy obsessed with one player and that one player is always right and you're too biased and too attached to your beloved player which makes you completely blind. Just read your absurd posts about how good Lin is..

Last season you were a Knick fan and now you suddenly make fun of Knick fans and you're now a Rocket fan and when Lin leaves you'll write the same thing about the Rockets as you're doing now with the Knicks. It's sad how obsessed you're with one player and especially considering that you're only a fan of his because of his asian heritage, he's an american product for god sake..

Haha, it's really amusing to read your posts because your english is so bad and when you try to be sarcastic it just looks stupid.

You're obviously not getting my point, it's not about how long you've been a fan, it's about you being a bandwagon-fan. You're crazy obsessed with one player and that one player is always right and you're too biased and too attached to your beloved player which makes you completely blind. Just read your absurd posts about how good Lin is..

Last season you were a Knick fan and now you suddenly make fun of Knick fans and you're now a Rocket fan and when Lin leaves you'll write the same thing about the Rockets as you're doing now with the Knicks. It's sad how obsessed you're with one player and especially considering that you're only a fan of his because of his asian heritage, he's an american product for god sake..
    First of all, why you assume everything in your head and think its the case in real life.

How do you know all those things you said are true.

I am a player fan, because I Live in Vancouver and there is no longer an NBA team here. I always follow lots players esp small guys with the ball in their hands.
    DRose, WB, CP3, Rubio(hated his 2 year delay thought he d be a bust but he's fun now)Lin is one of them, in fact favorite coz he is intriguing and unique.(not just coz he is asian duh, Its just a small part of it, the finished 4 year good college, Not drafted, cutted, explosion at first real opportunity some those elements are more cool and more related) so many black people like Lin coz he is asian?Of course too much god talk is annoying too.

I was a rocket fan Since Yao's rookie year there. until Mchale took over. A good few year. Not all nba fans are team fans coz they are not attached to a team. and NBA markets by players not teams, unless u lived in one city or for some reason attached to 1 you mostly follow players. I follow cp3 in Honets and now i dun give a shit about honets.

I Start watch knicks game since linsanity, never a fan of the team, just watched them. Why coz they play iso too much. I like to watch team play movement, and lots passing not iso dribble for 20 sec jack up a shot. But I dun hate no knicks , why would I hate a team when I dun root for 1. Like diehard root. not all fans are the same, respectful fans u respect them, lil punk fans you have have fun with them.
    Last edited by pnyozzzoo; 01-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.