Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #106
riseagainst
LeGOAT

Default Re: Could you imagine MJ haters back in the day?

Kblaze vs 3ball and stalker:

riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #107
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
There is always someone somewhere hating and they make so much noise they seem more numerous than they are.

When Jordan was stacking rings most of his old haters were on the bandwaggon. He had the biggest group of fake fans of anyone in sports history.

50 million "Bulls" fans who were gone by 2000.
This is so true.

I'm one of the minority that can say I was a Bulls fan BEFORE Michael Jordan. Growing up in Chicago in the lates 70s/early 80s, I was always a hometown team homer. Bears, Blackhawks, Sting (soccer team), White Sox (even followed the Cubs before finally settling on one MLB team in 83) and Bulls. All of my Chitown childhood friends were either Lakers or Celtics fans since those were the dominant teams in the 80s and I would get laughed at by them for sporting Bulls gear, and this was in effing Chicago

My family moved to California in 1985, right before my Bears won the Superbowl , when I went back to visit Chicago in the 90s, all of my childhood friends who laughed at me for being a Bulls fan were now Bulls "fans" themselves.

And it is true, MJ had his fair share of haters, especially before winning his titles in the 90s but the hate he got was nowhere near as much as LeBron gets but that's on LeBron for claiming to be the King before he won anything and for colluding.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #108
StrongLurk
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
This is so true.

I'm one of the minority that can say I was a Bulls fan BEFORE Michael Jordan. Growing up in Chicago in the lates 70s/early 80s, I was always a hometown team homer. Bears, Blackhawks, Sting (soccer team), White Sox (even followed the Cubs before finally settling on one MLB team in 83) and Bulls. All of my Chitown childhood friends were either Lakers or Celtics fans since those were the dominant teams in the 80s and I would get laughed at by them for sporting Bulls gear, and this was in effing Chicago

My family moved to California in 1985, right before my Bears won the Superbowl , when I went back to visit Chicago in the 90s, all of my childhood friends who laughed at me for being a Bulls fan were now Bulls "fans" themselves.

And it is true, MJ had his fair share of haters, especially before winning his titles in the 90s but the hate he got was nowhere near as much as LeBron gets but that's on LeBron for claiming to be the King before he won anything and for colluding.

Lebron deserves SOME hate just like MJ deserves SOME hate.

But I don't think their GAMES deserve hate.

Honestly, the media is the root for a lot of the hate LeBron gets (and the root for a lot of general hatred in life).
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:01 PM   #109
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
Lebron deserves SOME hate just like MJ deserves SOME hate.

But I don't think their GAMES deserve hate.

Honestly, the media is the root for a lot of the hate LeBron gets (and the root for a lot of general hatred in life).
My only beef with LeBron's game is that he doesn't know how to play without the ball in his hand. Other than that, he's a beast and when his outside shot is falling, it is impossible to guard him. He should also post up more IMO, take advantage of his God given physical advantage.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #110
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

No one with intelligence really hated on Jordan. Yes he changed the paradigm of the NBA, where a guard could dominate and win championships by being the leading scorer of the NBA without a dominant big man. The first time a wing or perimeter player won without one. he was also the first grade superstar ever, to be the best player on both sides of the floor. Nobody with a brain thought or faulted him for having a Weak, coked out supporting cast, with a very green Scottie Pippen as his sidekick and not winning.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:52 PM   #111
StrongLurk
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
Kblaze vs 3ball and stalker:

Someone even made a whole REDDIT topic based on Kblaze wooping their asses.

This is a LEGENDARY thread.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:19 PM   #112
Wally450
AD >>> Embiid

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk

Someone even made a whole REDDIT topic based on Kblaze wooping their asses.

This is a LEGENDARY thread.

Link? I'd love to see it.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: