Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1926272829303132 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets trade Chris Paul to Clippers for Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, good pick, Aminu

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    A top 3 SG and possible top 5 pick (franchise bigman) to rent a top 3 PG for one year? No thanks.

And yes, it will be ONE YEAR. CP3 won't sign an extension, and the Clips will be forced to trade him at the beginning of next season, or lose him for nothing. Round and round we go.
    you idiot. . Paul has already agreed to pick up his option for next year. Clips will have him for at least 2 seasons.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Hornets trade Chris Paul to Clippers for Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, good pick, Aminu

Saw a basketball once

You guys either don't understand basketball very well, or you're just complete morons. Who cares if the Clips have an excess of point guards? They could always just trade a couple of those guys in the future. The bottom line is that they just acquired an NBA superstar, Chris Paul, to pair with Billups, Butler, Griffin, and Jordan in the starting line. All they had to sacrifice was Kaman, who was as good as gone anyway, and a couple decent players. Aminu's never going to be anything great and Gordon's a good player, but he didn't have a future with the Clippers. Clips fans, you just got one of the best in the game. You should be happy.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

nice trade for the Clippers! I assume we will see a lot of top10 plays from CP3 & Griffin this season!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

J.A Adande: These aren't the same Clippers anymore.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ippers-anymore

I've known this since last season and very few believed it.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Anon-kun

during player introduction
    CP3 rips off Clips jersey to unveil Lakers jersey
    people are shock *insert SFX*
    *cues No Chance - Mr. McMahon music*
    Stern power walks to court, argues with CP3
    then Kobe, out of nowhere, hits Stern with steel chair
    *crowd roars, celebrates*

then all of the sudden, I woke up

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

"To be honest with you, I think all this has to do with Blake Griffin," veteran center Chris Kaman told me as he walked out of the facility as a Clipper for the last time.

"I think the team is pretty much set up for [Griffin] now. The 4 and 5 [positions] are done, locked in. Caron Butler is a great 3-man. He's got Chauncey [Billups] and Randy Foye coming in at the 2-spot. Now Chris Paul, All-Star point guard. What else can you ask for?"

BD you honestly think Griffin OR CP3 is walking? . They are both celebrating their as*es off tonight. In fact CP3 has praised Griffin multiple times in the media and Griffin has praised him as well. These guys are top notch competitors who are fans of each other and the game.

good to see that finally a nba superstar has a good team to contend from his only second season
    this shit doesnt happen often... when was the last time that happened ? the spurs with duncan and robinson?

and i guess mo and billups can play SG right?

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOV
    You guys either don't understand basketball very well, or you're just complete morons. Who cares if the Clips have an excess of point guards? They could always just trade a couple of those guys in the future. The bottom line is that they just acquired an NBA superstar, Chris Paul, to pair with Billups, Butler, Griffin, and Jordan in the starting line. All they had to sacrifice was Kaman, who was as good as gone anyway, and a couple decent players. Aminu's never going to be anything great and Gordon's a good player, but he didn't have a future with the Clippers. Clips fans, you just got one of the best in the game. You should be happy.
    Wrong. Gordon wanted to be extended and stay on the Clippers.
    We gave up too much. No one else was even going for CP3 anymore.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    Wrong. Gordon wanted to be extended and stay on the Clippers.
    We gave up too much. No one else was even going for CP3 anymore.
    It was a no brainer. You get a superstar, you should be willing to let go of good players. Its not like Clipper gutted their team to get him. Any GM would do this in a heart beat. Plus this move will help secure Griffin for a long run. It means not only Sterling is committed, he's taking a big chance. You got gazelles like Grffin and DJ, you need someone like CP3 to run with them and feed them. And CP3 can not be left alone either. He can shoot too. Great move by the Clips.

Banned

this is bullshit

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Clippers likely want to win now and give Blake reasons to believe he belongs to a franchise that cares about winning, as opposed to another season like last year where everyone talks about the teams "potential" as they fail to miss the playoffs again. Some people don't seem to understand that line of thinking. Eric Gordon wasn't going to lead them anywhere.

Even if the Clippers were to make it to the second round this year, that's more than enough to build off of... and this season, shortened and with the landscape of competition changing/aging, is a great time to make it happen. It's more than what they'd have been able to do with Gordon in the fold.
    You make a valid point...

In no other league in all of professional sports do you see franchise players leaving the team that drafted them for greener pastures (ironically enough Paul being one of them)

By bringing in a superstar to join the ranks, they're simultaneously sending an open message to Blake in stating that we are serious about winning and we'll do whatever it takes to build a winning environment thus decreasing the chances of him aborting in the future exponentially...

Banned

Default Re: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle

I really don't like the fact they traded away Eric Gordon, I feel like they should've tried to build around Griffin AND Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    You make a valid point...

In no other league in all of professional sports do you see franchise players leaving the team that drafted them for greener pastures (ironically enough Paul being one of them)

By bringing in a superstar to join the ranks, they're simultaneously sending an open message to Blake in stating that we are serious about winning and we'll do whatever it takes to build a winning environment thus decreasing the chances of him aborting in the future exponentially...
    Agreed.
    The good thing for them is that CP3+the albinoid gorilla truly are a good superstar duo. They already have a good 3rd option (Caron), they only need solid roleplayers and some depth.
    Then it's up to Del Negro.