Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Default Re: Car inspection sticker concern/question. If you help you will get laid tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    My insurance card expired. I need to print another one, printer is giving me shit. **** it, i'll just print it later.

Got stopped because my break light went out, got a $200 driving with no insurance ticket which i had to spend a day in court in some shitty country in NJ and it wound up costing me $150 even with a plea down because of court costs.

So nope, when i was younger i might not have listened but it's good to listen sometimes.
    Happened to all of us. Well, at least the older guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    Ok, so you think it makes sense to have a car pass inspection and then have to have it inspected again 2 WEEKS later because it changed owners? Keep in mind its costs $21 each time.

But don't worry the sticker is tied to the VIN number of the car and not the owner so I'm ALL GOOD

$21? That's what you didn't want to pay? There are better ways to save $21.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

Default Re: Car inspection sticker concern/question. If you help you will get laid tomorrow.

Ok, so you think it makes sense to have a car pass inspection and then have to have it inspected again 2 WEEKS later because it changed owners? Keep in mind its costs $21 each time.

But don't worry the sticker is tied to the VIN number of the car and not the owner so I'm ALL GOOD

It certainly doesn't make sense to make a resident pay double for the same service, but it just comes with the territory. The only other alternative is for the state to not charge and give the resident(s) a break by not requiring the new owner of the vehicle to get a new inspection, and let them wait until the following year, but that's less money going to the state, so scratch that.

These little miscellaneous rules and regulations when it comes to a state's DMV (especially such as New York, California, etc) revenue pool, the difference in the state giving residents a break or not is the difference in millions or billions in gained/lost revenue. Is it fair, hell no. It's just the way shit works; and I've never lived in NY, but I know they're one of the toughest most strict states when it comes to their DMV guidelines.

A friend of mine has a father in law enforcement and he says the DMV tells every new owner that the current inspection sticker is no longer valid on their new car but the DMV has no way of knowing if the person ever got it inspected again. As long as there is a VALID inspection sticker that was issued to that car it is impossible to get a ticket or fine.

So pretty much, NYS hopes that everyone goes and gets their already inspected car inspected again but almost nobody does because you really don't need to.

A friend of mine has a father in law enforcement and he says the DMV tells every new owner that the current inspection sticker is no longer valid on their new car but the DMV has no way of knowing if the person ever got it inspected again. As long as there is a VALID inspection sticker that was issued to that car it is impossible to get a ticket or fine.

So pretty much, NYS hopes that everyone goes and gets their already inspected car inspected again but almost nobody does because you really don't need to.
    Go look at the sticker and see if there is an identifier unique to it. If there is remember what i said, if you get stopped and they see that sicker is invalid (and they check a crapload of things when they stop you) it's going to be a nice ticket.

If this is a small thing you need to do, why not just do it? If you passed once you'll pass again.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Go look at the sticker and see if there is an identifier unique to it. If there is remember what i said, if you get stopped and they see that sicker is invalid (and they check a crapload of things when they stop you) it's going to be a nice ticket.

If this is a small thing you need to do, why not just do it? If you passed once you'll pass again.
    How could it be invalid? It's a real inspection sticker that was issued to the car.

Anyway, I went to the DMV today and they didn't even mention getting the car reinspected. The sticker stays with the car, not the owner.

I was in the DMV all day yesterday I took my permit after so many years. Aced it. Need to schedule a road test and get my license. Man the DMV is the worst. I waited aprox an hour and a half for each thing I had to do.