Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #16
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: 25ppg 67%fg. last 5 games? D. mofo Wade

Wade is a lot better defensively and better rebounding guard compared to Kobe.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #17
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!

LEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation hereLEFT4DEAD has an incredible reputation here

Im wondering if Kobe has had even one game with 11/13 FG in his career
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #18
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
You're not watching any games this season?

I watched the first few, and it was too painful. For the past nine years or so, watching Wade has been appointment viewing. But, the shell that he was (and hopefully isn't now) was just too depressing to see.

I currently alternate between two narratives of Wade's post-Decision career:

1. He knew something about his body that we didn't, and that's why he had to unburden his load on to LeBron.

2. He shrank from the chance at a higher level of greatness (even if his intention was just to play with his good friend).

If #1 is the case, then obviously he had no choice.

But, if it's #2, then there's a real argument about whether his legacy would have been better served by being James's foil rather than his teammate. I mean if Wade had remained the man in Miami, only won one championship, and became Patrick Ewing to James's Michael Jordan, would his place in history be greater or lesser than from winning one as the man and a few more as the sidekick?

It's hard to say, but I know which one I'd rather watch. And there's definitely no question which would do more for perception of his current status.

Anyway, but back to me not tuning in, I'm finally a full-fledged professional writer now, so it's not hard to justify deciding that I don't have much time to watch (or post).

Last edited by jrong : 12-11-2012 at 04:37 AM.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
Anyway, but back to me not tuning in, I'm finally a full-fledged professional writer now, so it's not hard to justify deciding that I don't have much time to watch (or post).
Where do you write, out of curiosity? Of, if you don't want to post exactly where, what kind of writing are you doing? Newspaper, magazine, novel, essay?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #20
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sports writing?
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #21
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

^^

Journalism, some sports, mostly politics and human interest. Local news, in other words.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
HiphopRelated
Local High School Star

HiphopRelated has decent reputation

Quote:
I watched the first few, and it was too painful. For the past nine years or so, watching Wade has been appointment viewing. But, the shell that he was (and hopefully isn't now) was just too depressing to see.

I currently alternate between two narratives of Wade's post-Decision career:

1. He knew something about his body that we didn't, and that's why he had to unburden his load on to LeBron.

2. He shrank from the chance at a higher level of greatness (even if his intention was just to play with his good friend).

If #1 is the case, then obviously he had no choice.

But, if it's #2, then there's a real argument about whether his legacy would have been better served by being James's foil rather than his teammate. I mean if Wade had remained the man in Miami, only won one championship, and became Patrick Ewing to James's Michael Jordan, would his place in history be greater or lesser than from winning one as the man and a few more as the sidekick?

It's hard to say, but I know which one I'd rather watch. And there's definitely no question which would do more for perception of his current status.

He's going down as better than Ewing so....
HiphopRelated is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: