Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #46
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which player injury would hurt the Suns the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Tim Thomas did nothing but shoot 3's, which they have in abundance already, Diaw is still very serviceable, and Kurt Thomas was injured during their playoff run to the WCF. Nash >>>>>>>> Amare

Shooting three's in the Sun's offense is very important, and this year they have less three point shooters than anytime in the past. When Nash creates he passes to (Barbosa or Bell (Nash, Barbosa or Bell are never on the floor at the same time)...?)

Diaw scored under 10 points and had 4 rebounds in 31 minutes last year, that is HARDLY serviciable. He had one good year, that's it so far.

The West is much bigger now than when Amare was hurt, and the top teams (Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Rockets and Nuggets) are EXTRA big. A Diaw/Marion front line (with no current backups except for Shawn Marks!) would get owned by those teams.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #47
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
Shooting three's in the Sun's offense is very important, and this year they have less three point shooters than anytime in the past. When Nash creates he passes to (Barbosa or Bell (Nash, Barbosa or Bell are never on the floor at the same time)...?)

Diaw scored under 10 points and had 4 rebounds in 31 minutes last year, that is HARDLY serviciable. He had one good year, that's it so far.

The West is much bigger now than when Amare was hurt, and the top teams (Spurs, Mavs, Jazz, Rockets and Nuggets) are EXTRA big. A Diaw/Marion front line (with no current backups except for Shawn Marks!) would get owned by those teams.
i don't disagree with any of these point, but i think the guy who first brought up tim was more concerned with not having his height / defense anymore. not that tim was captain d or anything, but he was 6' 10", and they are very thin on bigs right now.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #48
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
i already said nash is obvious! and diaw filled 85% of what amare brings!!!! i HATE the suns, but look at all the games they played last year with out Marion, ya they SUCKED [they suck with out nash too] but its alot easier then amare

chokes in pressure situations???? what about game 6 in the playoffs 2 yrs ago where he grabs the OFF reb??

and ok so they trade kurt which makes amare more needed they can just as easily grab another "tall" player... they have proven to win with out amare and the argument that diaw had a1 good yr b/c of contract is BS he just filled the void that amare left, when amare came back he wasnt able to be fitted

again be4 u respond back to this with ur load of crap, go check the very few games marion missed and see what the outcomes were, maybe ull do us all a favor and post them too.... =)

obviously nash is usually the most important player on the team... but what i'm saying is that with the depletion of big men on the team, amare's value to the suns has risen dramatically. you can't compare two seasons ago to now, the situations are completely different. the suns have no available players to fill in for amare if he gets injured while they at least have barbosa and banks if nash were to get injured. i'm not saying that amare is a better player than nash, but in this situation he might be even more important. it's a toss up.

but in no way is marion the most important player to the suns. he is obviously a great player, but definitely not more important that nash and amare. why is it that marion has been included in so many more trade rumors this offseason than amare?

and for you to say that diaw bring 85% of what amare brings is completely ridiculous. he doesn't even bring 10%.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #49
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar

Does Tim Thomas's 3 shooting "fill in" for Stoudemire? No? Then whats your point? Thats what the guy was talking about, Amare's size, not his perimeter sharpshooting.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:55 PM   #50
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Obviously Nash.

The system they run makes the PG the most important and influencial player on the floor most of the time. Most PG's don't have the ability to do what Nash does for his team, but nontheless...it's Nash by default.
Exactly. While Amare might be the most important player on any other team the Suns offensive system makes Nash the man. I would love for D'Antoni to go away from that just a little but I doubt that happens.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #51
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Does Tim Thomas's 3 shooting "fill in" for Stoudemire? No? Then whats your point? Thats what the guy was talking about, Amare's size, not his perimeter sharpshooting.

I was making the point that the Suns don't have as many three point shooters as they once did, which you think they have in "abundance."

Tim Thomas was very important to that Suns team (without Amare) and "that guy (KO King)" was making a point that 2 year ago the Suns, their roster and the Western Conference were much different, which I agree with.

AND Tim Thomas NEVER filled in for Amare's size either, he played the SF spot, so...

Last edited by xxxSuperStar : 08-14-2007 at 05:08 PM.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #52
Devientz
High school junior varsity star

Devientz has decent reputation

IMO, its a pretty obvious answer...Nash

Nash > Amare > Marion > Barbosa

Amare and Marion are both great players, but Nash makes the team flow. They don't even have to think about their offense when Nash is on the court and thats what makes the suns the suns. Take out Nash, theyre a good team... Take out Amare, Marion or Barbosa and theyre still competing for a championship.
Devientz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #53
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
I had to log on. I just had to quote this. Wow.

And would you like to explain why?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: