Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
C-A-T-S
@Bobcats f o r u m PSD

C-A-T-S has an OK reputation so far
Default Raptors Pursuing Diaw (Again)

Quote:
As for who could be headed south to Charlotte, the report does not say. Jose Calderon would be a salary match, although he has a longer term deal the Bobcats may not want. It could be a package of players such as Jarrett Jack and Reggie Evans, but again the question is how much do the Bobcats want to spend long term (Jack has three years left on his deal).

Still, the talks are going on.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...boris-diaw.php
C-A-T-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raptors Pursuing Diaw (Again)

Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks for Diaw. There, two expirers. What do you say?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Cats need a PG. I personally really like Jack and think he would fit in well with this team.

Jose wouldn't be bad either though, he has outside shooting which I think the Bobcats need dearly.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
The Cats need a PG. I personally really like Jack and think he would fit in well with this team.

Jose wouldn't be bad either though, he has outside shooting which I think the Bobcats need dearly.

What's up with the Raptors? Do they really want to reunite Diaw and Barbosa that bad? Would DJ be part of any deal? Otherwise training camp would include:

Jack or Calderon
Augustin
Livingston
Collins
Crittendon

I think even Larry Brown would have to admit that 5 point guards is a little much.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Rizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRizko is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
What's up with the Raptors? Do they really want to reunite Diaw and Barbosa that bad? Would DJ be part of any deal? Otherwise training camp would include:

Jack or Calderon
Augustin
Livingston
Collins
Crittendon

I think even Larry Brown would have to admit that 5 point guards is a little much.
Here's a trade I came up with:

Charlotte receives: Jarrett Jack, Reggie Evans, Julian Wright

Toronto receives: Boris Diaw, D.J. Augustin

Toronto gets Diaw and a replacement for Jack, whose also younger then Jack

Charlotte gets a legit starting PG, an athletic back-up for Wallace (I think Julian Wright can learn a lot from Wallace) and extra depth up front.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Charlotte gets a legit starting PG, an athletic back-up for Wallace (I think Julian Wright can learn a lot from Wallace) and extra depth up front.

I could deal with that although I'm not a big Reggie Evans fan.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:

Jack can be self-oriented at times and tends to take shots himself.

I've watched a Portland vs Denver game years back. Jack and AI were pretty much passing to each other in terms of turnovers.

Jack will not fit in LB's ultra slow tempo.

I'd rather get Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans and perhaps a pick for Diaw.

There's no use of Diaw since TT will likely be the starter anyway. Plus you do realize that Diaw's a pretty weak rebounder and Nazr is fairly offense minded.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

Cool.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
Jack can be self-oriented at times and tends to take shots himself.

I've watched a Portland vs Denver game years back. Jack and AI were pretty much passing to each other in terms of turnovers.

Jack will not fit in LB's ultra slow tempo.

I'd rather get Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans and perhaps a pick for Diaw.

There's no use of Diaw since TT will likely be the starter anyway. Plus you do realize that Diaw's a pretty weak rebounder and Nazr is fairly offense minded.
Fair enough. I doubt the Raptors would trade a pick for Diaw though, at best it would be a pick swap, but I doubt that. The Raptors are in the running for the top lottery pick.

I personally think the Cats are stuck in no-mans-land and thats why I think they need a legit starter, even if they don't necessarily fit LB's system (how long will LB be around anyways? No need to worry about fitting LB's system if LB leaves at the end of the year) Should they try and compete or get rid of the long/large contracts and start over? This is really exasperated due to the fact that currently they are only a 7-8 seed a best as a playoff team which makes contention hard, but at the same time the Cats don't really have a lot of good young players to try rebuilding with.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Fair enough. I doubt the Raptors would trade a pick for Diaw though, at best it would be a pick swap, but I doubt that. The Raptors are in the running for the top lottery pick.

I personally think the Cats are stuck in no-mans-land and thats why I think they need a legit starter, even if they don't necessarily fit LB's system (how long will LB be around anyways? No need to worry about fitting LB's system if LB leaves at the end of the year) Should they try and compete or get rid of the long/large contracts and start over? This is really exasperated due to the fact that currently they are only a 7-8 seed a best as a playoff team which makes contention hard, but at the same time the Cats don't really have a lot of good young players to try rebuilding with.

You make some good points. With so many new players it's almost like starting over. We need to see how our players gel come the start of the season and maybe we'll be surprised. Right now I doubt that any of us really can anticipate what our new guys will do both alone and together. I'm guessing, like you, that we won't take any higher than 7th seed in the playoffs. But I'll take it. I mean, it's what we've got until next season when LB will likely leave and maybe, just maybe MJ will realize that he's going to have to spend bucks to upgrade the team so that the Cats can really compete.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #12
Rizko
EroticVanilla

Yea MJ is going to need to spend money on this team. It's extremely hard for a team to get any good without going into the luxury tax. (though interestingly since 1993 both the Spurs and the Rockets have been owned by Peter Holt and Leslie Alexander respectively, who both "only" have a networth of $80 million a piece and have won a combined 6 out of 17 championship in that time period, just goes to show that smart F.O. is better then a lot of money)

If MJ does decide to drop some cash the Bobcats could really compete though. They're not the most talented team, but the personnel they have match up with a lot of top teams. Jackson/Wallace at the 2/3 is the best match-up any team has for the Heat and the Lakers 2/3 IMO. And as shown by last years playoffs they have good enough bigs to keep Dwight in foul trouble, what they need is someone to distribute the ball. Both TT and Wallace's offensive game would benefit from someone like CP3 IMO, which would solve the Bobcats biggest problem, offensive stagnation.

Last edited by Rizko : 10-02-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #13
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Yea MJ is going to need to spend money on this team. It's extremely hard for a team to get any good without going into the luxury tax. (though interestingly since 1993 both the Spurs and the Rockets have been owned by Peter Holt and Leslie Alexander respectively, who both "only" have a networth of $80 million a piece and have won a combined 6 out of 17 championship in that time period, just goes to show that smart F.O. is better then a lot of money)

If MJ does decide to drop some cash the Bobcats could really compete though. They're not the most talented team, but the personnel they have match up with a lot of top teams. Jackson/Wallace at the 2/3 is the best match-up any team has for the Heat and the Lakers 2/3 IMO. And as shown by last years playoffs they have good enough bigs to keep Dwight in foul trouble, what they need is someone to distribute the ball. Both TT and Wallace's offensive game would benefit from someone like CP3 IMO, which would solve the Bobcats biggest problem, offensive stagnation.

I don't mind MJ dumping $$$ to acquire some better players.

But given the current payroll I'd like to see a new CBA that allows a team to terminate up to 2 contracts unconditionally. Some of you may think it's unfair to do so, but some players certainly get overpaid.

Let's send Diop back to Senegal. I don't understand why after playing basketball for so long, Diop still can't shoot properly. I mean is there a steep learning curve for 7 footers or what? Bad hand eye coordination?
Gee a sumo player probably scores better than Diop.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: