Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who will Lakers draft?

Without ifs ands or buts please tell me people right off the top of ur head without saying "if they trade higher"...

who will lakers draft

My guess is Jordan Farmar or Quincy Douby
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

At their current spot, Douby makes a lot of sense. Farmar would give them a playmaker.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

after another article about odom to the bulls i would have to say they might not draft anyone
Old 06-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
traditionone

I swear, there's like a million Odom to the Bulls rumors floating around.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

yeah. It might happen...this is the most serious trade rumor I have heard so far and it still hasn't been squashed by laker front office.

They really do want Brandon Roy. Phil really likes him but if were gonna give up lamar we need other veteran guys that are really good. not like trading shaq for Odom
Old 06-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

BeckDiggLer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
yeah. It might happen...this is the most serious trade rumor I have heard so far and it still hasn't been squashed by laker front office.

They really do want Brandon Roy. Phil really likes him but if were gonna give up lamar we need other veteran guys that are really good. not like trading shaq for Odom

They are keeping Lamar, They want Roy as a PG. A line-up of
Roy, Kobe, Lamar, Luke and Kwame would be a good one, but if they trade Bynum and Mihm they will not have any size on the bench, Cook would have to play back-up center.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer
They are keeping Lamar, They want Roy as a PG. A line-up of
Roy, Kobe, Lamar, Luke and Kwame would be a good one, but if they trade Bynum and Mihm they will not have any size on the bench, Cook would have to play back-up center.

I'm sure they would make a trade to et another center but the rumors i hear are them giving up lamar.

Who knows though. Not just Cook But Turiaf can be a good center too. he blocks shots, rebounds and scores. but once again its all speculation.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I'm sure they would make a trade to et another center but the rumors i hear are them giving up lamar.

Who knows though. Not just Cook But Turiaf can be a good center too. he blocks shots, rebounds and scores. but once again its all speculation.

Cook needs to work on his defense and rebounding. He's also very inconsistent, but he was a productive college player. Personally, I don't think Bynum is going anywhere, so that leaves us with Brown and Bynum in the center spot. The Lakers are going to get another power forward. If he's good enough, he could take the starting role if Lamar is gone.

Brown will remain the center for the Lakers. He could develop into a really good NBA center. In Washington, he played a lot of power forward and I don't think that is the ideal position for him. Turiaf intrigues me. I think he can develop into a really good power forward. He hustles, blocks shots, rebounds, and brings energy. Every team needs a player like him.

I don't think the Lakers supporting cast are as bad as some people say. We have young players with holes in their game, but they're learning and getting better. Walton has been inconsistent, but he's a good ballhandler and a great passer. Against the Suns, I think he played too much in the post. That's not really his game. If he improves his midrange and three point shot, he can be a valuable contributor. We need to sign a guy like Kareem Rush would can come off the bench to backup the 2 and 3 position.

I'm excited to see what Cupcake and Buss do this summer.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Cook needs to work on his defense and rebounding. He's also very inconsistent, but he was a productive college player. Personally, I don't think Bynum is going anywhere, so that leaves us with Brown and Bynum in the center spot. The Lakers are going to get another power forward. If he's good enough, he could take the starting role if Lamar is gone.

Brown will remain the center for the Lakers. He could develop into a really good NBA center. In Washington, he played a lot of power forward and I don't think that is the ideal position for him. Turiaf intrigues me. I think he can develop into a really good power forward. He hustles, blocks shots, rebounds, and brings energy. Every team needs a player like him.

I don't think the Lakers supporting cast are as bad as some people say. We have young players with holes in their game, but they're learning and getting better. Walton has been inconsistent, but he's a good ballhandler and a great passer. Against the Suns, I think he played too much in the post. That's not really his game. If he improves his midrange and three point shot, he can be a valuable contributor. We need to sign a guy like Kareem Rush would can come off the bench to backup the 2 and 3 position.

I'm excited to see what Cupcake and Buss do this summer.

LOL cupcake??? where did that come from? i like that one.

but anyways. Luke Walton has proven he can be good.if he's a starter that can average 30 mins then i would expect him to average 12 points and 4 assists as well as 8 rebounds.

I see him as a better facilitator than lamar. he gets guys easier dunks and shots. who know's. if lamar is traded maybe Luke can take that spot
Old 06-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
traditionone

I forgot where I picked up the Cupcake name.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:29 PM   #11
e23
I Hit Open Layups

e23 has an OK reputation so far

The "Jim Rome Show"

OUT!
e23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Finally, Draft day is just around the corner

Well, this is the big moment we have been waiting for.

I heard in some rumors yesterday lakers are looking to probably draft Memphis SF Shawne Williams.

We will see.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 AM   #13
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It should be interesting... more rumors floating today... what time is the draft tomorrow?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:20 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I think it said 7 PM eastern.

So 4 o clock for us laker fans.

JORDAN FARMAR...PLEASE....DO IT MITCH
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: