Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default The C's after PP, Ray, and KG

I was bored and I was just think about how most of the star players are coming of age and will soon be calling it a career in a few years.

I was thinking after Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett leave who will take their place?

Seeing that Rondo got the PG spot locked uP, Kedrick Perkins has things secure at the C spot, and assuming that Big Baby will take over at PF, who will be the SG and SF?
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The C's after PP, Ray, and KG

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
I was bored and I was just think about how most of the star players are coming of age and will soon be calling it a career in a few years.

I was thinking after Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett leave who will take their place?

Seeing that Rondo got the PG spot locked uP, Kedrick Perkins has things secure at the C spot, and assuming that Big Baby will take over at PF, who will be the SG and SF?

What I think might happen:

Pierce will retire a Celtic, I'm pretty sure KG will too. I think Ray could get traded since there were so many rumors earlier this summer.

I'm hoping that they will all take sizable pay cuts when their contracts are up. If they won't take a pay cut, they will just get worse and worse until they retire. If they take less money, then we can just solidify the bench until they can't play at the high level anymore.

There'll probably be a bad season of adjustment when they go. Rondo and Perk will stay, Rondo is going to be an all star. I could see Baby going away.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Marquis Daniels
SF:
PF: Glenn Davis
C: Kendric Perkins

i would say Tony Allen at SG/SF, but you dont want 3 non-shooters out there now do you?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Impossible to predict what will happen. The C's will bring in new guys after the big 3's contracts are up...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

isnt rays contract almost up?

I think that they will keep PP and KG for sure. No doubt. I think both guys will get 1 more contract with a few years but less money. That will leave the team with more money to get quality guys. Ray will prolly be traded OR if his contract is up, will let him walk or sign him for peanuts. A really mid level type contact.
Then they are going to keep Rondo and Perk.

But they need another scorer, and I'm pretty sure Danny will be able to get a quailty guy to score some points..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
m y t i n
I hit open 5-footers

m y t i n has decent reputation

i dont get why the celtics want to get rid of ray...
m y t i n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boston is a marquee free agent destination, and plus with the recent title and winning seasons, they won't have any trouble finding people down the road who want to play there.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

probably

SG: Eddie House
SF: Marquis Daniels
PF: Big Baby
C : Kendrick Perkins
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
probably

SG: Eddie House
SF: Marquis Daniels
PF: Big Baby
C : Kendrick Perkins

Uhm probably not. First off Eddie House is in the same age bracket as the Big 3. And they will have money to spend on new stars if the Big 3 come off the books.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

eventually i would like to see jeff green to becoming a c.

I also want to see mayo i think mayo will flourish having rondo as a pg
what puzzles me is the pf .. i am thinking if that erden guy is really good he might make it but if not then i still see kg being good for a couple of years more same with pierce.
that would mean
rondo /hudson
mayo/ ray allen/ giddens
pierce / jeff green / walker
kg / baby
perkins/ erden

4 years from now is gonna be a challenge we might be looking into lottery again.. hopefully not... am sure ainge will want to contend year in year out ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Boston Celtics will need to retool and get your at some point in the near future and, apparently, they've decided that the NBA Development League might be able to help them along in that regard. Danny Ainge's team is such a believer, in fact, that the Celtics are buying the basketball operations of the Maine Red Claws. Ridiculous Upside.

The Spurs and Warriors are always finding diamond in the rough players who can start, come off the bench as scorers, and lockdown defenders.

If the Celtics looks really consider using the D-League more they should take a look at these guys from the D-league.

Elijah Millsap (Paul Millsap Brother) and Brad Wanamaker.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: