Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?

After spending the last hour reading and watching countless reviews and talking to friends who have it/played it... I honestly think it may strip Mass Effect from me as my favorite game of all time. Do you guys think this game can be a GOAT video game contender?

Default Re: Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?

I don't know if it will dethrone Baldur's Gate 2 or FFVI and Chrono Trigger....but i think it definitely has a chance to be one of those chosen few...the scope, the graphics, the versatility....unreal

I think this game is definitely revolutionary, and will propel us into a new golden era of video games, 2011 was a sneak peak of whats to come

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I don't know if it will dethrone Baldur's Gate 2 or FFVI and Chrono Trigger....but i think it definitely has a chance to be one of those chosen few...the scope, the graphics, the versatility....unreal

I think this game is definitely revolutionary, and will propel us into a new golden era of video games, 2011 was a sneak peak of whats to come
    Well said. I honestly don't want the next gen to come. This gen was so epic.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac

2011 was kind of disappointing, in retrospect. I mean, I hope Skyrim lives up to the hype because so far only Arkham City truly delivered a masterpiece. MW 3 was same old, Uncharted 3 has its problems. I am sure Zelda will impress as always and AC is still to come in December.

I will not buy Skyrim as I do not like RPG games; but I hope for people that do prefer role playing games, that it is a true monument.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Well.... in a couple of the reviews they basically say.... it doesn't matter if you like RPG's. They weren't RPG fan either but it's absolutely MUST PLAY. Once you start hearing feedback from me and the guys here maybe you can at least rent/borrow it?
    The thing is every bethesda produced RPG I've played or owned, I couldn't find myself enticed on finishing it. I have to be engaged in the plot for me to commit 100+ hours of game-play. I don't have the time to commit a week on a video game and if I play a game of this nature; I get bored fast because I only play games sporadically. It took me months to finish Mass Effect 2, but it was an engaging game for me. So it will depend a lot of what Skyrim is about; I honestly haven't even read a single preview/review of this game yet.

But if it's about upgrading, interaction, exploration & fighting giant creatures like the previous Bethesda games, I will probably pass as I know I will just be wasting my money.

But of course, if this game will somehow be rated as the greatest game ever made, I will have the urge to at least rent it. Reviews are one of the most important marketing schemes for gaming companies, so it will obviously influence my decision on whether or not to buy this game.

By the way, what are those tiny boxes represent below our usernames? One day it's green and the other day it's red...

[QUOTE=rhythmic

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

I really liked oblivion. So I guess I will enjoy this. But I must say the game is not for everyone. Traveling can be a bitch without a horse but once you explore enough fast travel is awesome. Killing stuff in mountains/caves/fortresses is fun. I just hope theres more variety in the monsters. Like way more. The arena was also fun in oblivion but apparently its gone. But as i said youll like it if you like free roaming games, the nordic era, and be willing to learn how things play before rage quitting cause something keeps killing you at early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    After spending the last hour reading and watching countless reviews and talking to friends who have it/played it... I honestly think it may strip Mass Effect from me as my favorite game of all time. Do you guys think this game can be a GOAT video game contender?
    You went from NBA2k12, Batman now to Skyrim for greatest games of all time.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

I'm skeptical of the combat in Skyrim. The melee combat in other Elder Scrolls game was sloppy at best, and from what I've heard, Skyrim suffers from clunky melee combat as well. I also can't stand the 1st person perspective. If Skyrim does a good job with their 3rd person perspective, and the melee combat isn't clunky, I'll probably give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    You forget about BF3?
    I personally wasn't impressed, I have both BF3 & MW3 and I prefer MW3. I am not a hardcore online player so I have little use for BF3, and I didn't enjoy its campaign mode at all. MW had a relatively short campaign yet again, but I thought the presentation and story was a richer then its counterpart (BF3).

I don't think BF3 has a chance in hell to win GOTY; especially when Skyrim and Zelda are still to come, and Revelations.

Uncharted 3, as disappointing as it was is still a much better game then BattleField3. It's probably the worst of the pack, to me. Batman has to be the front-runner right now, unless Naughty Dog will be releasing patches as they've stated they would.

If they can fix the aiming issues, hit-detection, reward content, motion blur and AI; then I honestly will have a tough time deciding which game is better between U3 & Batman. Those issues place U3 in the backseat at the moment, but the graphics, sound, presentation, detail, set-pieces; Uncharted 3 will pretty much beat any game out there right now including Arkham City.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 11-10-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    You went from NBA2k12, Batman now to Skyrim for greatest games of all time.
    Not true. Don't make sh** up . NBA 2k12= best basketball game of all time. Batman= likely GOTY winner and Skyrim= probable to become my favorite game of all time and is being hailed by some as the GOAT or at least GOAT worthy. These things don't conflict .

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Why make a thread like this when the game isn't even out yet?