Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: #24 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    I would take Zeke, Barry, Bill Walton, Pippen, etc. etc. over Wade any day. Is Dirk still not on the list? I'd take Dirk...I'd take Jason Kidd. Bob Cousy...Gail Goodrich...David Robinson...all over Wade.
    You just trapped yourself in your own "logic". If you'd take Bill Walton over Wade, clearly you place huge value on peak play, considering Walton had, what, two dominant seasons? But then you say you would rank Kidd over Wade, when the only reason for doing so would HAVE to be longevity, seeing as Wade is a better peak player. Let's be honest here, you just don't like Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You just trapped yourself in your own "logic". If you'd take Bill Walton over Wade, clearly you place huge value on peak play, considering Walton had, what, two dominant seasons? But then you say you would rank Kidd over Wade, when the only reason for doing so would HAVE to be longevity, seeing as Wade is a better peak player. Let's be honest here, you just don't like Wade.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Absolutely. Zeke's the better player hands down. Not only did he go back to back titles, but he beat Jordan, Bird, Magic while they were still in the prime! He didn't have any superstar teammates either. The level of competition you face matters and he faced and beat the best.
    Dumars was a first ballot hall of famer, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    and their overall defense was nasty.

That said, my vote goes to David Robinson

NBA rookie of the year

I'd go with the Admiral as well.

Very good NBA starter

Show me where Dumars is considered a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Show me where Dumars is considered a superstar.
    That entire team was very balanced. They didn't have a single superstar (Thomas isn't even one IMO)

NBA rookie of the year

'Superstar' is a subjective term. Joe Dumars, relative to his era, was one of the best at his posistion. He was one of the better two way players in the game at his peak. He was a first ballot hall of famer. Not much to discuss, that equals 'superstar' in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    That entire team was very balanced. They didn't have a single superstar (Thomas isn't even one IMO)

isiah thomas wasnt a superstar? the only player in the modern era (if not ever?) to put up 21 and 14 wasnt a superstar?

the only player other that oscar to put up 4 20-10 seasons in the nba wasnt a superstar?

'Superstar' is a subjective term. Joe Dumars, relative to his era, was one of the best at his posistion. He was one of the better two way players in the game at his peak. He was a first ballot hall of famer. Not much to discuss, that equals 'superstar' in my book.
    Joe Dumars was a nice complementary player, but was no were near a superstar. Hell, some people wouldn't even call Alex English a superstar and he was not on his level in the 80s.

Very good NBA starter

you want to run me a list of first ballot hall of famers I promise you there are tons of guys that aren't even close to super stars on that list. Hell off the top of my head I think Chris Mullen was and no one would consider him a superstar. Hall of fame is heavily influenced by championships so cause and effect going on right here. I don't know what you're trying to argue, Isiah is better than Wade probably by a lot. The fact that Isiah is outside the top 20 is kind of a joke.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I like Pippen, Robinson, and Barry but at this spot I go with

ZEKE!!!

How did Dirk get ahead of these guys and Elvin Hayes and Kevin McHale.

NBA rookie of the year

If you were inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, you were a star of some capacity.

Robert Horry is a "nice complimentary player". Dumars was legitmate number 2 on a multiple title team.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I think all the people who were despising zeke being voted in the top 20 are avoiding him now in spite

I vote zeke

Very good NBA starter

If you were inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, you were a star of some capacity.

Robert Horry is a "nice complimentary player". Dumars was legitmate number 2 on a multiple title team.
    A superstar does not equal "ummm maybe star in some capacity" It's pretty clear cut who are superstars and who are not. Joe Dumars was not a superstar.