Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I'm Calling It: 2014 LeBron Goes Back to Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    If success begins and ends with a title, then yes, you're right. If success includes things like league respect, fan appreciation, fans in attendance, team chemistry, love from a city, etc. and on and on and on, then that changes things. He's done 1 single thing in Miami that he didn't in Cleveland - win a title. In Cleveland - Get to the Finals - check. MVP - check. Best record in the league - check. SNL appearance - check. All-Star MVP - check. GQ cover - check.

He left for a better city; everyone knows that. It's an amazing weather city and night life city and gadzillions times better than Cleveland. What cracks me up is that so many act like he has all of these things now that he didn't have when he was here. He has 1 - AND (please read carefully) - IT'S A BIG ONE. IT'S THE BIGGEST ONE. That still doesn't mean his life and career sucked when he was here or that it's THAT much better now.

That being said, his next stop is NY. I think he has to try MSG before he retires. What a difference that would be from going to the worst home crowd in the NBA to the most insane.
    If Lebron choked like he did against Dallas while playing for the Knicks he'd have to be on suicide watch. They wouldn't put up with performances like that there....

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    It's easier to get star players to come to Miami than Cleveland. Pat Riley and Mitch are on another level when it comes to bringing in talent. Dan Gilbert just couldn't get it done.
    I could see Riley retiring before going through another rebuilding program. He'll be pushing 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Go to Toronto, LeBron.
    THIS

Very good NBA starter

Threads like this is why I can't take "Heat fans" seriously. Openly rooting for Lebron to leave for another team instead of sticking it out with the Heat. Talk about front runners.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Threads like this is why I can't take "Heat fans" seriously. Openly rooting for Lebron to leave for another team instead of sticking it out with the Heat. Talk about front runners.
    He's already left a team he promised he wouldn't to. Who's to say he won't do it again. Heat fans aren't "openly rooting for LeBron to leave", they're just taking his past free agency into consideration.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

LeBron ain't leaving just because a bunch of old tired ass role players are are gonna be gone soon. They still got the big 3. Miami will just reload every year with role players.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton

The NBA is so lame sometimes. Why does every great player have to play for the Lakers?
    You gotta blame David Stern for that. Unless he dies, that isn't gonna change.

LeBron and Bosh will sign with the Lakers to join Howard. Its obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    LeBron and Bosh will sign with the Lakers to join Howard. Its obvious.
    Yeah, this is what i see too.

Kobe and Gasol are coming off the books after '14, so they wil have the money. They will resign Kobe cheap for a year or 2 as a sort of lifetime achievement award, and the core of the team will be LeBron-Howard-Bosh. Wade will be in steep decline by then and probably finish up in Miami.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

LeBron is retiring in Miami. Pat Riley will continue to add pieces so LeBron stays. People forget that he is living in Miami, one of the most enticing free agent destinations in the country and most beautiful cities.

He left Cleveland for a reason and I'm sure he doesn't have the most respect for Dan Gilbert. No way he goes back.

Banned

BUMP!

OP

Haha thats my old account.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    If you look at the Miami Heat, they're going to need to rebuild their entire supporting cast in 2 years. Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers and Mike Miller will all either be at the ends of their career and/or contracts.

Then there's the big question of Dwyane Wade's health. He's clearly slowing down and is going to have to be limited going forward. Who knows how long that knee is going to hold up. While, Chris Bosh is nice, you don't sign somewhere just to play with him.

If you're LeBron James, do you resign for this situation? I don't see how you do. Regardless of how you felt about The Decision, no one can dispute it was made out LeBron's desire for rings. Miami won't be in a position to offer LeBron the most rosy situation like they did in 2010.

I've always felt that LeBron wouldn't finish his career in Miami, but it feels like going beyond 2014 now seems even like a stretch.

This leaves me with the real possible destinations for LeBron: Los Angeles or Cleveland.

The Lakers seem fascinating because it would be an amazing move for LeBron. Assuming Dwight signs an extension and the Lakers let Kobe, Pau and Nash simply roll off their payroll, The Lakers would have cap room to go after LeBron.

First you have to imagine a pairing with Dwight Howard and how that might end up being the best player LeBron could go play with. Wade fit that bill in 2010. Besides that though, the actuality of moving from Cleveland to Miami to Los Angles would make LeBron as infamous and talked about as Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain.

That would be tempting, but I think Cleveland is the clear choice for LeBron. In two years, Kyrie Irving very well might be a top 10-15 player. Tristian Thompson, Dion Waiters and two more years of high(ish) draft picks will have Cleveland in a good cap situation and with a ready made team.

That all gives LeBron plenty of food for thought, but what will ultimately do it is the story. We all look back now at Magic's 1984 Finals and MJ losing to the Pistons repeatedly as apart of their career narratives. "They had to lose and feel pain, before they could become great." You can already see this with LeBron now.

Imagine LeBron wins, say, just one more ring in Miami. Now, in 2014, he's a two time champion, legacy as one of the greats intact. What makes the biggest impact? Winning another ring for the Lakers or going back to Cleveland as a champion and trying to win it all where it all began? Imagine if he succeeds.

Tell me you can't already envision the interviews of "I left a boy and came back a man." The Oprah segment writes itself.

No matter what you think of LeBron, he's not an unmotivated player. He wants to win and wants to have a legacy. I don't see him chasing rings with the veracity that MJ and Kobe have. Leaving Cleveland, winning rings in Miami, going back to Cleveland and winning another ring... You add that to the career numbers that will be eye-popping (I'm thinking 30,000 points, 8,000 rebounds and 8,000 assists) and 4 or 5 MVPs awards, that's a historic career.

Could LeBron really resist that?

....especially at the bolded predictions.

Wow great call by OP.