Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12 Playoffs

BTW, congratulations to Olympiacos, after our first game against them, I didn't expect them to improve enough to make it to the F4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I think its Teodosic fault because their losses in Euroleague this season . He lets crawed and opponents get to him and than he cant do anything . I will never understand how can someone act like a little kid on the court entire game and than hits last shoots like he is in practice .
    I seem to remember that Teodosic said something once about how he was "a little bit off mentally" and this was what caused him to lose his cool so much with his temper, but that it was also what allowed him to not care and feel no pressure at all at the end of a game like a normal player would.

He said something like that in an interview once.

Anyway, at least Fotsis is not in PAO anymore so that should cool things down a bit.

[QUOTE=chains5000]C'mon, that would be great
    Gotta love rivalries.

Diamantidis is gonna destroy Teodosic IMO, CSKA's coach didn't even let him guard Ra

Teodosic wouldnt guard Diamantidis , he was guarding Jackson (who is better than Lopez) so there is a chance of him guarding Diamantidis but that will only show how stupid Kazlauskas is if he lets that happen .Last time CSKA played against PAO they won by 15 , and Kirikenko didnt play . Teodosic had 10 assist and 4 or 5 points in that game , that shows that you can stop him from scoring but you cant stop his passes .
    I would guess that Kirilenko guards Diamantidis. I don't actually recall Teodosic guarding Diamantidis in Greek Cups and Championships. Last year for example, Spanoulis guarded Diamantidis in the playoffs.

Especially since Diamantidis plays the small forward position anyway, even though Euroleague's website always lists him as a "point guard", he has been playing at SF for many years now.

The most likely defender for him would be Kirilenko, especially since that would probably take away Diamantidis' ability to go in the low post. Of course, Kazlauskas does some really odd things.

Like 2010 World Cup elimination game between Spain and Greece. Where he played Spanoulis, Zisis, Diamantidis, Fotsis lineup for something crazy like 38-40 minutes the whole game and Zisis and Diamantidis were like dead tired at the end of the game and had like 4-5 turnovers in the last 2 minutes and caused them to lose the game. And Greece had one of the top 3 deepest teams of the tournament.

Or how he had Bourousis playing with a broken shooting hand, or how he said the team "didn't need to select Vasileiadis", etc.

Kazlauskas pretty much ruined Greece's team in that whole tournament. So who knows.......it would make no sense to have Teodosic guard Diamantidis, but then again, Kazlauskas did some crazy coaching moves in World Cup with Greece two years ago.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-31-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I don't know, Teodosic has really disappointed me these last two games (not in the games played in Russia).
    I know he was guarding Jackson, just meant he couldn't even guard his reserve IMO.
    That's not Teodosic's fault. He is not a point guard on defense and never has been. In Olympiacos he was not asked to guard the point guard.

Just going by memory,

2008-09 season - They had guys like Greer and Pargo guarding point guard and in the Greek finals they had Childress and Pelekanos guard point guard (which was Spanoulis).

They would even have Vasilopoulos guard at point guard.

I remember Teodosic guarding Saras a lot.

2009-10 season - they brought old man Penn just to help guard point guard and the only reason Beverly was on the team was to guard point guard.

Teodosic did guard point that season, but usually, when he was in the lineup, any time they played a fast point guard, they had Vasilopoulos guard him and Teodosic switched to guard the 2 or 3.

In the Greek Finals it was Childress and Beverly that did the defense at point guard (against Spanoulis).

2010-11 season - Last year it was Spanoulis, Lucas, and Pelekanos that mainly had the duty of guarding the point guard. In the Greek Finals Spanoulis had majority of the assignment to guard Diamantidis, who was playing as point forward.

Teodosic was mostly guarding Calathes if I remember right. Lucas and Pelekanos would also get the job of guarding Calathes and Diamantidis.

So it's really not fair that CSKA would ask him to guard quick point guards. It's just like having Jasikevicius or Papaloukas on your team. They need the ball in their hands on offense, but on defense they need to guard the two, or even three.

Like how Papaloukas would play in a lineup with Holden and Langdon a lot. Or how last year Teodosic played in the same lineup with Spanoulis and Papaloukas a lot.

It's pretty much known that you need a small, fast guard that can defend the one and play off the ball if needed, next to Teodosic. It would make more sense for CSKA to play someone like Shved at the one on defense, and then have Siska at the 3, with Kirilenko at the four, and Khryapa off the bench, or Kirilenko at 3/4 with Khryapa at 3/4 and Siska off the bench.

Having mostly Teodosic, Siska, Kirilenko, Khryapa lineup on defense makes it too difficult for Teodosic on defense. Gordon is not a good fit for them either, because he can guard the one, but he can't shoot and he has to have the ball in his hands. So if you use him at one, Teodosic plays two on offense, and he gets lost without the ball. Like last year in Olympiacos, Spanoulis had the ball most of the time, and Teodosic didn't respond well to it. And Spanoulis a lot better shooter than Gordon is.

I think it would be something for them to try Kirilenko with guarding the point guards, Teodosic the two, and Siska the three. In the derby games against Olympiacos, and in the Greek Cup Final, Kirilenko was mainly asked to guard Spanoulis, but then again, they also double teamed him the whole time too.

So, the problem might also be that Kirilenko isn't really quick enough to guard the one either.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-31-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague

I think it would be something for them to try Kirilenko with guarding the point guards, Teodosic the two, and Siska the three. In the derby games against Olympiacos, and in the Greek Cup Final, Kirilenko was mainly asked to guard Spanoulis, but then again, they also double teamed him the whole time too.

So, the problem might also be that Kirilenko isn't really quick enough to guard the one either.
    Wow, you're truly a moron. In which derby or Greek cup games did Kirilenko defend Spanoulis?

For someone who spends his entire life trolling message boards about Euroleague and editing Wikipedia, you're totally clueless about basketball.

Kirilenko playing in the derby games against Olympiacos.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

I don't know, Teodosic has really disappointed me these last two games (not in the games played in Russia).
    I know he was guarding Jackson, just meant he couldn't even guard his reserve IMO.
    He was bad on defense but he was CSKA offense . In the first half he only shoot once but he had 7 assists I think .

Siena wants Vujosevic to be their coach for next season .

Remember that the Greek Finals was never completed. The series never even ended. They just called it off and gave Panathinaikos the title by default. I don't want to see something like that happen at the final four.
    Didn't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Wow, you're truly a moron. In which derby or Greek cup games did Kirilenko defend Spanoulis?

For someone who spends his entire life trolling message boards about Euroleague and editing Wikipedia, you're totally clueless about basketball.

Kirilenko playing in the derby games against Olympiacos.
    I meant Diamantidis you freaking idiot.

BiH wants Jackson to play for their NT .

BiH wants Jackson to play for their NT .
    Instead of Domercant?

Instead of Domercant?
    I think Domercant doesnt want to play for them anymore but they want him , this is just in case Domercant doesnt change his mind ( thats how I understanded ) . I just read that Jackson reffused to play for them because he wants to try to play in NBA in summer , they will look for someone else .

I think Domercant doesnt want to play for them anymore but they want him , this is just in case Domercant doesnt change his mind ( thats how I understanded ) . I just read that Jackson reffused to play for them because he wants to try to play in NBA in summer , they will look for someone else .
    I've read he doesn't want to play for them too, but not for that reason.
    Good for us.

I've read he doesn't want to play for them too, but not for that reason.
    Good for us.
    What is the reason than ?